Lets Talk About Heidar Helgusson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AndyB

I agree and I took the info with a pinch of salt but I have long since given up trying to apply logic to decisions made by the club.
    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

jamie,

How do newspapers and journalists get stories?

The very reason why that post surprised everyone is that NO-one knew anything about it.

We do not know what exactly went on, behind closed doors. Why do we assume its one post on a messageboard? Thats the problem, is assumption. No forum would have that power.

it has to be more and because we don';t know everything we latch onto what we do know.

I know we don't see eye to eye, but that is truth.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

What about GP saying to a group of fans that "Sousa is a c..." is that a sackable offence ?
        We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          scarlet Pimple.

I NEVER SANG IT, but I can assure you " don't know what you are doing" was very loud and everytime Mahon got the ball he got booed.

I've still got the game on SKY plus, if you want to view it.

not the first time, we the fans have booed the players.

If you ever see me booing pull me up, as I never have and never will do it.

Ill agree that the booing of Mahon was loud, but the singing of you dont know what your doing was not, as i sit in T block and was there ( dont need sky to tell me it wasn't loud) recon i would know if it was loud or not. and the sound is picked up from the gantry above T block, coming over on sky proves nothing.
          As most of the ground hardly hear what q block is singing anyway.
          And i did not accuse you of booing or singing
          Last edited by Scarlet pimple; 13-04-2009, 12:21 AM.
          They seek him here.................

Comment

I know you didn't.

It was just pointed out it was the "qblock".

Anway that game was just one example.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
              What about GP saying to a group of fans that "Sousa is a c..." is that a sackable offence ?
              Depends whether PDS complained about it.

I presume he didn't.

And even if he did - be very difficult to prove the context. Can of worms legally, I know. But how many times have you greeted a mate in a pub with "here comes the tight bas***d".
              Not nice, but the context is friendly.

Not that I'm defending anyone here - but this particular tree is not for barking up I feel.

Comment

Would love to meet who ever it was that did the research for you in all that Pete.

So HH signed for us on the 20th November. Then there were lots of rumours that it was on off, people said he would make his debut at Watford away, why didn't he make his debut until 29th November?

HH left us on the 20th December after scoring 2 goals in his final game against Preston. Strange then that he also played against Charlton on the 26th and Watford on the 28th.

So it is actually 3 goals from 5 starts and 2 sub, plus 2 games he mysteriously failed to appear in.

Yes he was good for one season at Watford. That was 4 years ago. Since then he has not managed more than 20 starts in a season.

Yes Bolton paid good money for him, and for that they got 6 starts in a season and a half.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but so is research before you sign someone. Did anyone notice that he had only played 43 games in 3 and a half seasons before we signed him, or did they think good, he will be nice and fresh?

Please Pete try looking at the facts for once in your life.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...555949,00.html

Why the delay of a week after it was reported he had signed on the 20th. Perhaps problems with a medical who knows?
                Last edited by haqpr1963; 13-04-2009, 08:39 AM.
                A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Pete
                  you still havent explained what on earth you though you were playing at in this thread. I would really love to know.
                  its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                    Pete
                    you still havent explained what on earth you though you were playing at in this thread. I would really love to know.
                    Good question.

For someone without an agenda he does go on doesn't he....

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

So why would Sousa allegedly say he failed his medical? You haven't answered the question, Pete. By what Sousa said, the club were extremely ****ed off and resulted in him getting the boot. Now why did the club not want the the fans hear that Helsusson had failed his medical?

I bet Paladini is now going to get his medical report and reword it and put it on the official website as a statement a la Dexter's agent!

Start opening your eyes!
                      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Sousa wouldnt say it if it wasnt true. Bit of a strange lie dont you think. Everything else he "apparently" said was true. So Paladini said he passed his medical, would the crook really say any diffrent? I think not.

Comment

Sorry Hammersmith r's, GP does not do medicals. (I've heard it all now)

Have a look again on the build up of signing Helgusson and where he played leading up to signing and his loan period.

Alot more stuff was said and we should not be clinging to "Helgusson's medical" as a reason.

Anyway, I just want to watch QPR.

Comment

Oh man, my sides.

Comment

Sorry Hammersmith r's, GP does not do medicals. (I've heard it all now)

Have a look again on the build up of signing Helgusson and where he played leading up to signing and his loan period.

Alot more stuff was said and we should not be clinging to "Helgusson's medical" as a reason.

Have you ever thought of actually looking at the facts. :surrender:

Comment

Pete is right here. We signed a player who seemed to be a bargain and who could do a job at this level. It appeared that he would, and he still might, but I think it's highly unlikely.

You win some, you lose some. Forget medicals because he obviously passed with us and Iceland.

My issue though is that we got desperate and had we signed a couple of strikers in the summer we may not have needed to gamble on the limited choice available at the time we signed HH.

This summer we should learn our lesson!

Comment

Working...
                                X