The TRUE definition of the "4 year project"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TRUE definition of the "4 year project"

I have just read Scott's thread about the owners being clueless etc and I used to think that but what I'm about to write is the cold truth imo. I even wrote a thread to this degree over 12 mths ago (I wish I knew how to find it on here)

When they came in and said it would be a long term "project" I always felt it was a cop out to not spend and to keep fans feet on the ground.

I personally think the plan is actually a plan with regards to them and what they personally want to do within the 4 years. In other words they stated 4 years so it sounds a realistic amount of time to build a side but really it was a time frame to see if they liked being involved in football and whether they could actually be one of the first business men involved in football to MAKE money from it (ie charging fans extortinate prices and bringing in big sponsors on false promises)

It is clear for all to see that the plan does not involve the football side directly or we wouldn't be going through managers at the rate at which we are.

We are a play thing that they are not enjoying, the sponsors put clauses in place so they won't make as much as they thought, the fans have voted with their feet and not paid the money they wanted to charge for inflated premier league prices...so they have not made money from their venture.

They will be off at the first opportunity. I am only ITK in so much as I can see through all the BS. Bhatia lost interest over 6 mths ago or whenever it was we last heard from him. This ship is sinking folks.

As long as we dont go to the wall,someone will buy us. We are in a catchment area of london with a heritage.

We also have chandeliers and modern facilities too now.

Comment

So big compensations packages to managers is part of their 'get rich quick' scheme? That makes, er, sense...

To suggest the board are on a 4 year fleece is nonsense. They are ballsing up big time but i dont believe the dont want success as much as the rest of us. Bhatia in particular wants to make this work more than anyone... He just needs the chance...

Comment

Originally posted by The Fishcake View Post
        So big compensations packages to managers is part of their 'get rich quick' scheme? That makes, er, sense...

To suggest the board are on a 4 year fleece is nonsense. They are ballsing up big time but i dont believe the dont want success as much as the rest of us. Bhatia in particular wants to make this work more than anyone... He just needs the chance...
        Sousa or Magilton haven't been paid yet, they are banking on the various BS reasons, just like Holloway and garden leave, to settle out of court at 50% at best of whats owed.

This is another reason why they want to get out imo. I agree they don't know what they're doing but my point is that the plan is about them and what suits them

Comment

Magilton leaving by "mutual consent" after a "alleged assault" on buzsaky?

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
              This ship is sinking folks.
              Last one out, turn out the chandeliers.

Comment

Is it possible more went on behind the scenes re sousa and mag than we know...?

Comment

I definitely think so. Both had players surrounding their exits. Blackstock in the case of Sousa and Buzz in the case of Magilton. Both players were used as reasons the managers went for 2 reasons. Firstly so they didn't seem ruthless and secondly so it wouldn't cost the earth.

Comment

but what if sousa knew about blackstocks loan but span it in a press conference differently?

Comment

Sousa is an honest dignified man, unlike most people running our club. (imo)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        Sousa is an honest dignified man, unlike most people running our club. (imo)
                        Why!? cos he is good looking and smart!? how on earth can you vouch for his honesty and dignity!!?

Comment

Why!? cos he is good looking and smart!? how on earth can you vouch for his honesty and dignity!!?
                          I would say how he conducted himself over the way the board shafted him was incredibly dignified, not to mention the way he always came across in interviews.

Comment

He shafted the club, the press and the fans with what he said about blackstock mate.

Comment

He shafted the club, the press and the fans with what he said about blackstock mate.
                              And what did he say about Blackstock which was so criminal? Please enlighten us?

Comment

Working...
                              X