Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We're supposed to be at home"

Where to start?

Firstly, the atmosphere today - the worst I have heard at Loftus Road ever. Actually, it is the worst I have ever heard in the 300 or so games I have seen at any ground in the world. Sometimes, on quiet days in the past, Loftus Road is relatively quiet with only a few osngs really going round teh ground, but always a little noise coming from P, Q and R. Today there were just two songs that were loud enough for the away to hear, that really went round the ground, the good old classics - you dont know what your doing and we're supposed to be at home. Nice work Rangers boys, really standing up at making some noise!

We're supposed to be at home! Correct, that includes receiving more support, right? Almost liek a twelveman, no?
    "You don't know what your doing" - to a manger in his second game in charge (still unbeaten, with 4 points from 6). Talk about getting behind a newmanager. I knw we are all frustrated at supported yet another uninspiring manager, but hey - thats part and parcel of being a fan.

For as bad as our chairman/owners/directors are, compared to others infootball, our fans are equally as bad, maybe worse. There are chairman who go through managers for fun (Brighton for one), there are chairman who act with no class (Man City for one), there are chairman that cause a disconnect between fans and club (Liverpool, for one) and there are chairman who run teh club into tehgorund (Leeds and Darlington for example). BUT are there any other fans in the country who boo and abuse an unbeaten manager winning in his second game in charge? Are there any other fans who have booed of 'their' team after a win? Its ridiculous, as the abuse certain players receive - Watson, Ramage, Hall being three of the most obvious. Can i ask what may be achieved by booing and moaning their every mistake?

Now the dreadful tactics, that saw us beat a side above us in the league. Firstly, Pat -good sub - stretched their back four and gave us an outlet we needed. Then the display of 'tactical naivity/being boring etc etc... (he dont know what he's doing). Conolly on - a solid defensive player, with teh ability and intelligence to offer protection to the back four and a defensive minded player (a natural defender, yes) to play left midfield, in place of a naive, young centre forward (a good one, that was no criticism of aplayer I like). Our midfield sat deep, kept their shape, forcing them to play direct long balls, allowing us to get bodies around teh long ball to deal with the first ball and then have soem defensive players to scrap for teh seconds, and look for Pats pace to relieve pressure.
    NOTE - we had won just one game out of the previous nine, heading into today. A win was needed, something to build from. Good football will come, as a result of good players! BUT, we must still be in teh mix by the time our players regain their confidence and start playing with teh style we know they can. And at that point we may have the chance to go on and finish teams off in a more attacking, positive style.

I know, WE (yes, all of us supporters) are frustrated to say the least. THE VERY LEAST!! But, the one thing we ask of our players ands staff is passion and fight, its teh least we deserve as fans. The players and staff though desreve our support. I love Queens Park Rangers, and love is unconditional! How can we ask for the basics of passion and heart when we no longer offer the same! Am I saying some dont care, no! NOT AT ALL! What I am saying is fans bitching and moaning, abusing performances (even winning wons against playoff contenders) is the equivillant of teh players giving up. Players dont stop caring but sometimes there loss of heart leads to slightly less effort - something universal unaccepted by all fans!

We are currently the worst supporters in the country - FACT. We may have reasons, we may have frustrations, you (individually) may be the greatest fanin the world but collective we stink! The lack of passion and heart at Loftus Road is killing the club - from the top (Flavio and Co.) to teh bottom (me and you). We cant do anything about the top, lets sort teh bottom out and see what happens!

RTID!!!
    2010 - a new year! Come on boys, lets get behind the team!

U rrrrrrrrrsssssss

P.S - its a long message and I havent checked for typing/spelling errors, so apologies. If you disagree with my commenst don't resort to picking wholes my grammer, language or spelling please! I have no problems with debate though!

why look for any positives and turn it onto the fans??

many have endured a 33-50% price hike and are unhappy
    an endless line of managers comes and goes
    so no stabliity
    over zealous stewards threatening bans doesn't help, whether they cane nforce a ground ban i am unsure but probably could rough you up for a few games.

to SEE SIX DEFENDERS ON THE PITCH , WITHOUT AN INJURY CRISIS IS A DISGRACE
    we are at home, this game went out live to someone and was awful,woeful,inept

ok 3 pts but what a way to get em....

HART UNBEATEN...after 2 games, surely thats enough? 2 dire games with woeful atmsphere.
    why blame us? the fans...cos we want to be entertained and excited, were we?
    can i get a refund under trades description act???

Comment

At last some balance in what has been a one-sided debate. Normally go, but wasn't there yesterday. It sounded REALLY painful but hey we got three points by winning. To get the show on the road we had to win in some manner so I agree mostly with what Deacon said.

At the moment there has been a complete breakdown between the club management, the players and the fans.

Can there be any other club where the players not only disregard the fans but also dislike. Some might say the players don't have to be liked to play for QPR but I disagree.

Comment

I don't agree with the booing, but I think we got away with it yesterday despite the substitutions rather than because of them.
        The extra defenders were more likely to get in each others way or leave it to each other. And even when we were playing with about 8 behind the ball, Watson hoofed it upfront to .........er.....well, nobody so the ball would just come straight back again.
        If the 7-2-1 formation is considered acceptable because we hung on for the win, maybe we should start with that formation away from home, should get a few 0-0 draws, obviously need a couple more defenders on the bench just in case......
        Sorry, that was unacceptable yesterday. We needed to push our defenders out of our penalty area, not bring on even more.

Comment

many fans are expressing their frustration with the appoinment. The performances haven't helped turn them. The manaager is a big boy and knows he needs to win the crowd over.

I don't agree with booing when you win, ever. But piling on defenders, at home, is just waiting for thee opposition to score. It's just a numbers game we were lucky to get away with yesterday.

As for worst atmosphere ever - I'm not so sure. I have been to some big stadiums that have been silent before. Notably Highbury and the Emirates where you could hear a pin drop. Heard that Emirates is far better now. Maybe these things go in waves...?
          Last edited by silvercue; 27-12-2009, 11:46 AM.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I went yesterday, and even with the bad old days, we were never that bad. Not 1 player was up for it, they dominated for the most part and should have won, easily. We had 2 shots at home, and luckly enough they went in. The first 1 came from a ****ed up corner. The second was a nice finish.

We could not string any passes together, simple 5 yard passes going astray - was so lazy and frustrating to watch.

As for Borrowdale and Connolly - oh my. He didnt even do the logical thing of put Williams left med and drop Borrowdale back.

I agree, we should be the 12th man, but why should we work hard at signing, when he players play like that and do not give a crap about whats happening on the pitch?

Comment

At last !! Great post ! , someone who sees both sides well done mate.
              Im sure some people on here would prefer us to lose but be playing pretty football than to win ugly !!

Comment

Originally posted by deacon86 View Post
                Where to start?

Firstly, the atmosphere today - the worst I have heard at Loftus Road ever. Actually, it is the worst I have ever heard in the 300 or so games I have seen at any ground in the world. Sometimes, on quiet days in the past, Loftus Road is relatively quiet with only a few osngs really going round teh ground, but always a little noise coming from P, Q and R. Today there were just two songs that were loud enough for the away to hear, that really went round the ground, the good old classics - you dont know what your doing and we're supposed to be at home. Nice work Rangers boys, really standing up at making some noise!

We're supposed to be at home! Correct, that includes receiving more support, right? Almost liek a twelveman, no?
                "You don't know what your doing" - to a manger in his second game in charge (still unbeaten, with 4 points from 6). Talk about getting behind a newmanager. I knw we are all frustrated at supported yet another uninspiring manager, but hey - thats part and parcel of being a fan.

For as bad as our chairman/owners/directors are, compared to others infootball, our fans are equally as bad, maybe worse. There are chairman who go through managers for fun (Brighton for one), there are chairman who act with no class (Man City for one), there are chairman that cause a disconnect between fans and club (Liverpool, for one) and there are chairman who run teh club into tehgorund (Leeds and Darlington for example). BUT are there any other fans in the country who boo and abuse an unbeaten manager winning in his second game in charge? Are there any other fans who have booed of 'their' team after a win? Its ridiculous, as the abuse certain players receive - Watson, Ramage, Hall being three of the most obvious. Can i ask what may be achieved by booing and moaning their every mistake?

Now the dreadful tactics, that saw us beat a side above us in the league. Firstly, Pat -good sub - stretched their back four and gave us an outlet we needed. Then the display of 'tactical naivity/being boring etc etc... (he dont know what he's doing). Conolly on - a solid defensive player, with teh ability and intelligence to offer protection to the back four and a defensive minded player (a natural defender, yes) to play left midfield, in place of a naive, young centre forward (a good one, that was no criticism of aplayer I like). Our midfield sat deep, kept their shape, forcing them to play direct long balls, allowing us to get bodies around teh long ball to deal with the first ball and then have soem defensive players to scrap for teh seconds, and look for Pats pace to relieve pressure.
                NOTE - we had won just one game out of the previous nine, heading into today. A win was needed, something to build from. Good football will come, as a result of good players! BUT, we must still be in teh mix by the time our players regain their confidence and start playing with teh style we know they can. And at that point we may have the chance to go on and finish teams off in a more attacking, positive style.

I know, WE (yes, all of us supporters) are frustrated to say the least. THE VERY LEAST!! But, the one thing we ask of our players ands staff is passion and fight, its teh least we deserve as fans. The players and staff though desreve our support. I love Queens Park Rangers, and love is unconditional! How can we ask for the basics of passion and heart when we no longer offer the same! Am I saying some dont care, no! NOT AT ALL! What I am saying is fans bitching and moaning, abusing performances (even winning wons against playoff contenders) is the equivillant of teh players giving up. Players dont stop caring but sometimes there loss of heart leads to slightly less effort - something universal unaccepted by all fans!

We are currently the worst supporters in the country - FACT. We may have reasons, we may have frustrations, you (individually) may be the greatest fanin the world but collective we stink! The lack of passion and heart at Loftus Road is killing the club - from the top (Flavio and Co.) to teh bottom (me and you). We cant do anything about the top, lets sort teh bottom out and see what happens!

RTID!!!
                2010 - a new year! Come on boys, lets get behind the team!

U rrrrrrrrrsssssss

P.S - its a long message and I havent checked for typing/spelling errors, so apologies. If you disagree with my commenst don't resort to picking wholes my grammer, language or spelling please! I have no problems with debate though!
                Well said mate, as you say my love for QPR is unconditional, always has been and always will be.
                RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Hart wanted to win his first game in charge and wanted to win at all costs.

Problem is he jeopadised that with the substitutions and made the players nervous. It was a gamble that paid off, but only just.
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    Hart wanted to win his first game in charge and wanted to win at all costs.

Problem is he jeopadised that with the substitutions and made the players nervous. It was a gamble that paid off, but only just.
                    First game in charge??

Who was in charge the other day then Pete? :what:

Comment

he made the players nervous???
                      WHAT ABOUT MY HEART???

i left frustrated and have seen better friendlies....
                      if this is GLOBAL BRAND FOOTBALL WE ARE FKUCED

Comment

spot on deacon

Comment

Working...
                        X