No announcement yet.

Time To Stop Doing Things By Half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely Paolo Sousa fitted your description Stedders?

Comment

One big problem we are in the championship.

Think we expect too much
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Sorry qbp... That does not wash. They may have put their hands in their pockets to some degree but it's been half hearted. They need to employ 1st class manager, put the right setup in place and back him. End of. Stop the bull****. We are all ****ed off with it now!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Think we expect too much
          I have to disagree. Vialli was successful with Chelsea and managed in the Championship. McCarthy was an international manager and took Wolves up same with McLeish at Birmingham.

There is no reason good out of work managers or ones wanting to manage in England just because a team is in the Championship. Just look at Sven at Notts County for instance. Who would have thought that a team as low as them would be able to attract an ex-International manager?

Comment

True, but McCarthy and McCleish are in the same mould as Keane and Dowie etc and to a degree Hart of Ferguson who are the likely favs if Magilton goes

Vialli was NOT successful at Watford
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

True, but McCarthy and McCleish are in the same mould as Keane and Dowie etc and to a degree Hart of Ferguson who are the likely favs if Magilton goes

Vialli was NOT successful at Watford
              I agree Vialli was not successful but Watford didn't know that he wouldn't be at the time. When they made the appointment it was seen as a real coup. We aren't even prepared to bring someone like a Guiltt in and see what he can do. Instead we are prepared to sign another uninspiring failure in Paul Hart. Woop de doo!

Hart won't bring fan back. It won't encourage players to sign for us and most of all it won't bring us results (trust me I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if proven otherwise). Whereas someone like Guiltt who may fail like Vialli would at least be seen as exciting and like Sousa there are players who will want to play for him because he is Ruud Guiltt.

Comment

I don't know if Hart will come or not, rumour is Harry Redknapp wants him at Spurs (think they worked together before), but he certainly would not be a bad choice. Players may have given Magilton jip (who knows), but they wouldn't do it with Hart.

Comment

Think we expect too much
                  Agree.

We are a Championship level club aspiring to be a Prem club.We can only honestly look at managers of CCC level or potentials from the lower leagues.

Seems Mark Robins could have been a good choice if he had not been snapped up by Barnsley.Done a superb job there.We need to target someone with his possible potential.

Comment

I don't know if Hart will come or not, rumour is Harry Redknapp wants him at Spurs (think they worked together before), but he certainly would not be a bad choice. Players may have given Magilton jip (who knows), but they wouldn't do it with Hart.
                    Certainly an opinion, rather than a fact.
                    Very much a minority opinion too.

If true, a strange choice. At best.
                    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

so ferguson Jnr is still in the running pete?

thoght it was Hart?

Comment

Fulham did it whilst in what is now League 1... We could certainly get a top manager in if we paid correctly and also proved to them we have genuine aspiratoins. Building a club is an attractive proposition for many managers.

I think we now need to get in a Premiership quality manager (not Hart but a successful one) and allow them 2-3 seasons minimum to get their way of playing etc into place. Allow them to buy the players they want, and then get promoted. We would do. It is such a false economy otherwise. How many managers have we been through?

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
                          Anyone I know who finds out I support QPR pretty much always says something along the lines of "when are you lot actually gonna spend some proper money and get in the Premier League?"

I am asking the same question myself.

If we appoint another cheap manager option presuming Jim gets sacked) then it shows that our board are NOT serious about promotion or making this club into a Premiership club, which is what they stated as their initial aim. The board cannot contemplate managers with no genuine track record this time. It is time to spend the extra money, give that manager some proper cash for January, and let them get on with it.

Push the boat out, and try for any of these:

Bilic
                          Sven
                          Tigana
                          Hiddink

If they want a genuine top potential upcoming manager then:

Jap Staam
                          Darren Ferguson
                          Alan Shearer

Or a real leftfield choice that would raies eyebrows but who would gain players respect:

Paulo Maldini
                          Dennis Bergkamp

Any of the guys you mentioned above could probobly get a game at LR after the way we`ve been playing

Comment

Working...
                          X