Time To Stop Doing Things By Half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time To Stop Doing Things By Half

Anyone I know who finds out I support QPR pretty much always says something along the lines of "when are you lot actually gonna spend some proper money and get in the Premier League?"

I am asking the same question myself.

If we appoint another cheap manager option presuming Jim gets sacked) then it shows that our board are NOT serious about promotion or making this club into a Premiership club, which is what they stated as their initial aim. The board cannot contemplate managers with no genuine track record this time. It is time to spend the extra money, give that manager some proper cash for January, and let them get on with it.

Push the boat out, and try for any of these:

Bilic
    Sven
    Tigana
    Hiddink

If they want a genuine top potential upcoming manager then:

Jap Staam
    Darren Ferguson
    Alan Shearer

Or a real leftfield choice that would raies eyebrows but who would gain players respect:

Paulo Maldini
    Dennis Bergkamp

we need a proven winner mate but they cost money but think of it this way,if they had gone big in the firt place they would have saved bundles on all the pay offs to the bunch of wasters we,ve had so far.
    what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Exactly... getting in 'cheaper' managers is a false economy. Any of the top four names above would be amazing, with Sven the least amazing, but I doubt we'll try.

I think we need to choose the man we really want and need to take forward long term, and pay whatever it takes in terms of compensation. We gotta stop just scouring the market for managers who have no job currently. They generally have no job for a reason.

Comment

[QUOTE=Stedders;196455]Anyone I know who finds out I support QPR pretty much always says something along the lines of "when are you lot actually gonna spend some proper money and get in the Premier League?"

SNAP!!!!
        Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Not sure I agree with some of the names mentioned, but totally agree with the sentiment.
          You give the job to someone who has proven he can do it, preferably more than once. Not because they interview well, or act like an excited puppy when they're offered it.

It's the most important position at ANY football club, and yet we seem to want to experiment with it, again and again.
          Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Yeah fair enough with the names, but I'd bet you'd be happier with any of those four biggies than anything we have been linked with?

The manager should actually be paid more than any individual player, and we need a manager whose appointment will send a message out to the rest of the league and also to prospective players...

And to justify the high prices of tickets that we and away fans who come here have to pay.

Comment

Good post Stedders!!
              I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

"spend some proper money"

It's all very well and easy for us on the outside to say that however we spend 2 or 3 million on one player and we go up, will this player be good enough in the Premiership?

Players that are that good will and do NOT want to drop down.

I'm not saying don't spend money, they do need to invest a little and replace some who we know can't help make the push.

The board and manager need to sit down, find the weak links and discuss the right players, then work hard to bring these players to LR.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                  "spend some proper money"

It's all very well and easy for us on the outside to say that however we spend 2 or 3 million on one player and we go up, will this player be good enough in the Premiership?

Players that are that good will and do NOT want to drop down.

I'm not saying don't spend money, they do need to invest a little and replace some who we know can't help make the push.

The board and manager need to sit down, find the weak links and discuss the right players, then work hard to bring these players to LR.
                  He was talking about spending proper money on a MANAGER, not additions to the endless conveyor belt of players.

The manager is the most important investment at any club. Players you can take a risk on, and drop/sell/loan them if they flop.

Manager? Not so easy.
                  Get a good manager in, and we might actually save some money we currently spend on plugging our team with expensive 2nd raters, and use what we have to play as a team, and succeed.

Wishful thinking there, but I can dream.
                  Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

I agree with that and would have done that anyway, I do that when I go shopping

Comment

Not sure how many more times taking the cheap option and ****ing up has to happen before the penny drops. It's a false economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
                        Anyone I know who finds out I support QPR pretty much always says something along the lines of "when are you lot actually gonna spend some proper money and get in the Premier League?"

I am asking the same question myself.

If we appoint another cheap manager option presuming Jim gets sacked) then it shows that our board are NOT serious about promotion or making this club into a Premiership club, which is what they stated as their initial aim. The board cannot contemplate managers with no genuine track record this time. It is time to spend the extra money, give that manager some proper cash for January, and let them get on with it.

Push the boat out, and try for any of these:

Bilic
                        Sven
                        Tigana
                        Hiddink

If they want a genuine top potential upcoming manager then:

Jap Staam
                        Darren Ferguson
                        Alan Shearer

Or a real leftfield choice that would raies eyebrows but who would gain players respect:

Paulo Maldini
                        Dennis Bergkamp

tell me you are joking :chill:

Comment

Hiddink some people make me laugh do you think he's heard of rangers!!!!!!!

Comment

spot on Stedders, even tho 2 years to late

of course there's players out there, Ched, Philips, Beckford & that's just the forwards

as for managers..........well they are out there as well, but if the penny hasn't dropped yet, WE DONT DO SPENING & that is it

lets be honest here JM was most probably the only one that wanted the job (didn't the board say they had 3 yes three interviews with him) WTF was that all about!!!

as i've said previously, if they want the WoW factor, give US the fans who we want & the fans will support the club to the hilt

unfortunately.................THEY WON'T

good post tho

Comment

Originally posted by pkloft View Post
                              WoW

?

Comment

Working...
                              X