Different perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different perspective

Right, so by the looks of it, the board have suspended Magilton, bacuse Buzsaky gave them an ultimatum,maybe this is how they are looking at it.

Buzsaky,on his day is one of our best players VS a manager, who was probably only 1 game, maybe 2 if he was lucky, from getting the sack anyway due to pish poor performances and results.

So why back a manager over a key player, when the manager would have probably been sacked after WBA tonked us? Then they would have had to pay him a very large sum of money after the sacking, and we would have lost both manager and player anyway?

It makes sense to back Buzsaky from the boards point of view, as Madge probably wouldnt have lasted untill Xmas anyway. This way they can sack him and not have to pay compensation. (If he is guilty)

Just a though I had, views??

Hi,

The problem here is that everyone seems to be assuming that a) they were going to/wanting to sack him and, more worrying, b) that they would be right to do so.
    We've had a couple of bad results and, clearly, there are serious personal issues to sort out. But we have to end the culture within the club and among fans that says that a few bad performances and the manager goes. We outperformed a few weeks ago and we're underperforming now. Surely, the manager should get significant credit for his part in our three consecutive dazzling victories, shouldn't he? But he shouldn't get a 5 year contract on the back of them. Similarly, the manager should take a major share of the blame for recent poor showings. But he should not get the sack. It doesn't even merit a board meeting or the dreaded "vote of confidence". If we're in that kind of culture then the club has no chance. A manager has to have a fair crack of the whip and only be ditched if results are continuously bad over a prolonged period. "Pick yer man and back him" is the maxim for success.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
      Right, so by the looks of it, the board have suspended Magilton, bacuse Buzsaky gave them an ultimatum,maybe this is how they are looking at it.

Buzsaky,on his day is one of our best players VS a manager, who was probably only 1 game, maybe 2 if he was lucky, from getting the sack anyway due to pish poor performances and results.

So why back a manager over a key player, when the manager would have probably been sacked after WBA tonked us? Then they would have had to pay him a very large sum of money after the sacking, and we would have lost both manager and player anyway?

It makes sense to back Buzsaky from the boards point of view, as Madge probably wouldnt have lasted untill Xmas anyway. This way they can sack him and not have to pay compensation. (If he is guilty)

Certainly fits in with what has happened over the last couple of years. Let's not forget we don't sack managers.....
      A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Originally posted by bobbins View Post
        Hi,

The problem here is that everyone seems to be assuming that a) they were going to/wanting to sack him and, more worrying, b) that they would be right to do so.
        We've had a couple of bad results and, clearly, there are serious personal issues to sort out. But we have to end the culture within the club and among fans that says that a few bad performances and the manager goes. We outperformed a few weeks ago and we're underperforming now. Surely, the manager should get significant credit for his part in our three consecutive dazzling victories, shouldn't he? But he shouldn't get a 5 year contract on the back of them. Similarly, the manager should take a major share of the blame for recent poor showings. But he should not get the sack. It doesn't even merit a board meeting or the dreaded "vote of confidence". If we're in that kind of culture then the club has no chance. A manager has to have a fair crack of the whip and only be ditched if results are continuously bad over a prolonged period. "Pick yer man and back him" is the maxim for success.
        Very good post.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post

It doesn't make it right that board are siding with Buzsaky to sack Magilton because they want to get rid of him anyway which we all know what is really happening here.

What should happen is if one goes they both should go, players should not be allowed to even think they have that much power. If Buzsakys allegations are found to be false (assuming he has made them) then he should be sacked.

I'd like to see what Buzsakys response would have been if it was Flavio in his face reading him the riot act.

Comment

I agree bobbins, im not saying it would have been right to sack him, thats a different debate altogether, but knowing our owners I wouldnt be surprised if my original post isnt a million miles away from their thinking.

Comment

I think we have to take the whole 4+ months worth of football & results under consideration here.

QPR had some very dazzling victories over Barnsley, Preston, Reading & Derby. None of them are going to be challenging for any honours this season.

QPR's only other victories were against S****horpe (1-0), Sheff Weds (a lucky 2-1) and a good 2-0 win at Cardiff. Only the latter look likely to be a top 6 challenger.

Home draws to Blackpool, Forest, Peterboro, Palace and Coventry, in all honesty, were poor results.Throw in a poor 1-1 draw at Plymouth and all is clearly not as good as we thought.

A good draw at Newcastle and the Cardiff. win are the only real positives for me.

QPR lost at Bristol City, Swansea, Doncaster & Watford and at home to Leicester and Middlesbro.

This is not about a couple of bad results, but about a bullying manager who tinkers with his team too much, and clearly has favourites he will nearly always pick no matter how poorly they perform i.e Hall & to a lesser extent, Leigertwood.
              Last edited by stanistheman; 10-12-2009, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                It doesn't make it right that board are siding with Buzsaky to sack Magilton because they want to get rid of him anyway which we all know what is really happening here.

What should happen is if one goes they both should go, players should not be allowed to even think they have that much power. If Buzsakys allegations are found to be false (assuming he has made them) then he should be sacked.

I'd like to see what Buzsakys response would have been if it was Flavio in his face reading him the riot act.
                Have to agree it doesn't make it right, but from what I can see that isn't the way the new QPR works...... :very_sad:

Then again players are a commodity, they have a value to the club, managers do not rate so highly in some peoples views....
                A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  I think we have to take the whole 4+ months woth of football & results under consideration here.

QPR had some very dazzling victories over Barnsley, Preston, Reading & Derby. None of them are going to be challenging for any honours this season.

QPR's only other victories were against S****horpe (1-0), Sheff Weds (a lucky 2-1) and a good 2-0 win at Cardiff. Only the latter look likely to be a top 6 challenger.

Home draws to Blackpool, Forest, Peterboro, Palace and Coventry, in all honesty, were poor results.Throw in a poor 1-1 draw at Plymouth and all is clearly not as good as we thought.

A good draw at Newcastle and the Cardiff. win are the only real positives for me.

QPR lost at Bristol City, Swansea, Doncaster & Watford and at home to Leicester and Middlesbro.

This is not about a couple of bad results, but about a bullying manager who tinkers with his team too much, and clearly has favourites he will nearly always pick no matter how poorly they perform i.e Hall & to a lesser extent, Leigertwood.
                  Doesnt make very good reading that does it :horror:

Comment

That is a short term practical view. IF Buz is using this to his advantage and exaggerating he should be sacked. Case of right and wrong and if he does get away with this what kind of precedent does it set for the future? Magilton's status and popularity should not come into it.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post

spot on

Comment

I'm going to wait for the outcome but if we find that we was lied to than I would have lost all respect for Buz, one for putting QPR back in the media for the wrong reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam-QPR View Post
                          spot on
                          Do you think he would have poo'd himself?

Chances is that he would have gone running to Gianni, they all love him!

Comment

Morris, You're right it doesn't make very good reading.

I honestly think that some fans here have been dazzled by a very good month agaisnt some very poor to average sides. QPR actually played Newcastle when they were on a minor blip having lost a couple of games.

I really believe that if the incident hadn't happened, QPR would still have gone on to lose at least 2 more games this month WBA, Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Ipswich to play, with JM in charge and a mass clearout of players in January needed.

I don't think the players are particularly bad, just that Magilton is not utilising them very well. A couple of full backs and a settled CB pairing (without Hall) would be a start. It would also help to stick to a CM pairing, with two wide players and Simpson with a partner, either another forward or Buzsaky.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Morris, You're right it doesn't make very good reading.

I honestly think that some fans here have been dazzled by a very good month agaisnt some very poor to average sides. QPR actually played Newcastle when they were on a minor blip having lost a couple of games.

I really believe that if the incident hadn't happened, QPR would still have gone on to lose at least 2 more games this month WBA, Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Ipswich to play, with JM in charge and a mass clearout of players in January needed.

I don't think the players are particularly bad, just that Magilton is not utilising them very well. A couple of full backs and a settled CB pairing (without Hall) would be a start. It would also help to stick to a CM pairing, with two wide players and Simpson with a partner, either another forward or Buzsaky.
                              Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                              X