Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cerny and 3rd

why was he not off his line sooner?
    i expected him out and gamble...by staying on his 6 yard line he allows forward time to think and balance...
    if cerny is in his face it may have an affect?
    i can't see schmeichel staying on his line!
    agreed he made 2 top saves and we threw all to the wind to get level, def break away but....

Agree thought he should have been out to the forwards feet.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
      i expected him out and gamble...by staying on his 6 yard line he allows forward time to think and balance...
      agreed he made 2 top saves and we threw all to the wind to get level, def break away but....
      its obvious to most on here..he doesn't care..he isn't trying ...he hates jim magilton...he want to get him the sack...blah..(yawn icon)

Comment

Cerny lacks the ability to read situations and come off his line, hes a shot stopper and a very good one, but he doesnt like coming off his line, ive listened to our defenders shouting at him for it non stop the past 2 seasons....
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Because he's not as good as the Cerny lovers on here think.

Hollywood Shot Stopper - top notch; command of peno area - nil; commanding presence on catches - ha; a flapper at best...

But a bit churlish to blame him when it was 4 or 5 on 1 for their last goal...

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
            Thats the first thing i screamed "Get off your line you ###X"

Comment

In his defence, if he comes out he either gets lobbed or rounded with ease.

Very little he could do, and im not a Cerny fan.

Comment

"command of peno area - nil; commanding presence on catches - ha; a flapper at best..."

he seemed commandin enuf to me yesterday...cudnt really fault him for any crosses either...hes definitely caught more than hes punched or flapped at this season compared to last

Comment

Yep - can see it now. 2-1 down. Game pretty much lost (whistle about to blow), Cerny comes out quickly into the forwards face, takes him out. Gets sent off.

Next day - all and sundry are calling him a ****** for getting sent-off needlessly.

We have problems at the moment. But Cerny is the least of em.

Comment

it's agamble and he could see red if a foul , but staying on his line made it so easy for cleverly..yes watford broke in numbers and we gambled for a 2nd....

if he comes out, as the forward looks up he sees cerny coming and it may, may put him off....of course odds are forward rounds goalie but ramage was getting back?

Comment

It's because the player would have dribbled it round him, by staying where he was he narrows t he angle as much as possible whilst making it very difficult for the player to take it round him without running it out of play!

Comment

Working...
                      X