Gary Borrowdale .... Thoughts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Borrowdale .... Thoughts....

Best defender and only one of the BACK FOUR who knew what he was doing out there yesterday.

RANT TIME
    Leigertwood is woeful. Between him Gorkss and Hall no one knew who was supposed to be marking the ginger ninja for the first goal. He was at fault for the third too and I was too fooked off to stay for the last, yet on the radio it seemed he was at fault for that too. BUT WHAT REALLY FOOOKS ME OFF is he never got a bit of verbal from anyone yesterday other than me! If BORROWDALE made one of those mistakes like he did or even gave the ball away once supporters would be coming down on him like a tonne of bricks. We went 2 down and got ourselves back in it with a very quick goal and then that turnip goes and does that at right back... He is woeful and what R's supporters sees in him is beyond me! He can't make a simple 10 yard pass 8 out of 10 times, his control is woeful and his positioning is absolute dire! Supporters give Rambo soooo much undeserved stick, there is a Hall haters society on here too and yet this fella never gets a ruddy mention. What exactly does he give the team more than Ramage, someone please tell me!

To finish my rant I'd like to say a quick 'Well Done' to MR BORROWDALE. Yeah we got hammered yesterday but I thought he was superb and I for one didn't want his name to go unmentioned. Still I bet he gets dropped the next game!

Hear hear.
    Thought Gorkss didn't do too badly yesterday, considering he spent most of his time trying to cover for Hall's mistakes and slowness.
    But Borrowdale = most improved player this season.
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Borrowdale imo is alright, hes needs to do more about stopping crosses coming in though, he stands off his man too much!!

Hes good at standing the wingers up, and his passing is also imo fairly decent, but, if a winger gets beyond him he hasnt got the greatest pace so he has no chance of getting back intime.

Leigertwood is as others are playing below par, also he is no captain!...

Fitz is awful! Truely awful, if i had to list everything he does wrong this thread would be 4 pages long.

Gorkss was our best defender yesterday....

IMO our back four should be: Connolly....Gorkss....Stewart....Borrowdale
      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
        Best defender and only one of the BACK FOUR who knew what he was doing out there yesterday.

RANT TIME
        Leigertwood is woeful. Between him Gorkss and Hall no one knew who was supposed to be marking the ginger ninja for the first goal. He was at fault for the third too and I was too fooked off to stay for the last, yet on the radio it seemed he was at fault for that too. BUT WHAT REALLY FOOOKS ME OFF is he never got a bit of verbal from anyone yesterday other than me! If BORROWDALE made one of those mistakes like he did or even gave the ball away once supporters would be coming down on him like a tonne of bricks. We went 2 down and got ourselves back in it with a very quick goal and then that turnip goes and does that at right back... He is woeful and what R's supporters sees in him is beyond me! He can't make a simple 10 yard pass 8 out of 10 times, his control is woeful and his positioning is absolute dire! Supporters give Rambo soooo much undeserved stick, there is a Hall haters society on here too and yet this fella never gets a ruddy mention. What exactly does he give the team more than Ramage, someone please tell me!

To finish my rant I'd like to say a quick 'Well Done' to MR BORROWDALE. Yeah we got hammered yesterday but I thought he was superb and I for one didn't want his name to go unmentioned. Still I bet he gets dropped the next game!
        Spot on dazzer agree with all that, was going to start a similar thread about Borrowdale but just cannot be arsed to go into one about yesterdays match.

Borrowdale without doubt has been our best player in the last 2 games and since Williams arrival he has really gone up a gear in his game. There was a moment yesterday when an eiree silence fell over LR and all you could hear was Borrowdale ranting at the ref at the top of his voice. He was the most passionate committed player on the pitch yesterday and he deserves the praise.

As for Legiertwood and Hall I cannot muster the energy to state what I have been complaining about these 2 players for over a year now....simply not good enough!
        Last edited by W12_Ranger; 06-12-2009, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I think superb is 'a little' over the top re: Borrowdale but he had a steady game and that was 'shampoo' above the other 3. In fact, this steadiness in Borrowdale is becoming a bit of a habit.
          Keep it up fella as there now seem other places in the team that need drastic action.

Re Legs, hes not a RB. He can do a job there, but sooner or later he will be(was) found out and the sooner we have have a squad with round pegs in round holes, square pegs in square holes, etc, the sooner we can think about pushing on for promotion.

Legs is a handy man to have as he can cover a few positions when needed, but can we please have players generally playing in their correct positions if we are serious about promotion.

Doing things on the cheap doesnt work!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mutley Legs is NOT a MIDFIELDER! He WAS as Centre Back/Right Back a Wimbledon so don't start trying to stick up for him... Whatever excuses next are we going to make about him. So are you telling me that because he is not a RB makes up for the fact that he can't make a simple 10 yard pass! Hs is an average Championship player end of! Ramage should be playing at RB and the central defence should be Gorkss and Stewart. I agree they are not the strongers players we have in those positions BUT that are the best two we have at our club who CAN PLAY TOGETHER!

Comment

I actually still think Gorkss and Connolly are better than Gorkss and Stewart, but I'd rather ANYONE than Hall and Legs.
              If those two are in the team tomorrow, I think I'll be inclined to walk straight out of VRd. and go home.
              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Dazzer u r talking nonsense. Hall is woeful but that doesn't turn Stewart into a decent centre back that will fix everything. This division is much stronger than last season and there are better centre forwards in this league. Hall and Stewart aren't good enough and we have to STICK to a combination and that should be Gorkks and Connolly who ARE they best of a bad bunch!
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
                  I think superb is 'a little' over the top re: Borrowdale but he had a steady game and that was 'shampoo' above the other 3. In fact, this steadiness in Borrowdale is becoming a bit of a habit.
                  Keep it up fella as there now seem other places in the team that need drastic action.

Re Legs, hes not a RB. He can do a job there, but sooner or later he will be(was) found out and the sooner we have have a squad with round pegs in round holes, square pegs in square holes, etc, the sooner we can think about pushing on for promotion.

Legs is a handy man to have as he can cover a few positions when needed, but can we please have players generally playing in their correct positions if we are serious about promotion.

Doing things on the cheap doesnt work!!!!!!!!
                  Borrowdale was superb. That was the best full back performance I have seen from an R for a few years. I think he has sharpened up too. His sprint back to cover late in the 2nd half showed that. If Jim drops him then Jim is a fool.

Comment

Mutley Legs is NOT a MIDFIELDER! He WAS as Centre Back/Right Back a Wimbledon so don't start trying to stick up for him... Whatever excuses next are we going to make about him. So are you telling me that because he is not a RB makes up for the fact that he can't make a simple 10 yard pass! Hs is an average Championship player end of! Ramage should be playing at RB and the central defence should be Gorkss and Stewart. I agree they are not the strongers players we have in those positions BUT that are the best two we have at our club who CAN PLAY TOGETHER!
                    EASY TIGER!!!!

Never said Legs was Midfielder, never said he was a RB either. Hes a useful squad man who can fill a few positions as back up.(end off )

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
                      Borrowdale was superb. That was the best full back performance I have seen from an R for a few years.
                      Please tell me you are not serious :shocked:

Comment

RANT TIME

Well said, I gave Legs some verbal after the 5th goal which I thought was his fault for being out of position. And I agree Borrowdale was the only defender I can't critise for Saturdays display.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Dazzer u r talking nonsense. Hall is woeful but that doesn't turn Stewart into a decent centre back that will fix everything. This division is much stronger than last season and there are better centre forwards in this league. Hall and Stewart aren't good enough and we have to STICK to a combination and that should be Gorkks and Connolly who ARE they best of a bad bunch!

It's all about opinions. Hall is the best defender we have whether you rate him or not. Connolly at the end of the day is VERY PROMISING and one that will develop into a great defender providing he keeps progressing BUT at the moment he is still not quite there yet! Sometimes you can or you have to play players who on paper are not the best but when mixed together compliment each other and make us stronger. That my friend is Gorkss and Stewart! They have the best understanding partnership out of all our centre backs currently at the club.

As for your comments about Hall...
                          - So you think Gorkss, Stewarts and Connollys distribution is better than Halls ... NEVER IN A MILLION YEAR.
                          - Hall is also better in the too than all those player mention and is our quickest defender at the club too (that is a fact - pop down the training ground to see it for your own eyes)
                          - Lastly remind me who has out of all our defenders who has played at the highest level. Footballs about opinions and your entitled to yours but I'm siding with what I watch and see. I'll also basing my opinion on players CV's and their experience.

HOWEVER I do agree he can't play (for whatever reason) in a partnership with any other CB at our club and hence why I said Stewart and Gorkss should be our CB pairing, leaving Hall out of the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
                            Borrowdale was superb. That was the best full back performance I have seen from an R for a few years. I think he has sharpened up too. His sprint back to cover late in the 2nd half showed that. If Jim drops him then Jim is a fool.
                            Mate your defence of Borrowdale is admirable, but best performance from an R in a few years, are you his brother or something?
                            Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

RANT TIME

Fully agree, Legs distribution is woeful to put it kindly
                              Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Working...
                              X