Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Atmsophere At Loftus Road..So Poor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
    That might have something to do with the fact that it is physically IMPOSSIBLE to take a p*ss, and grab a drink/bite at half time, and make it back to your seat in time for kick off.
    You just can't do it.

Loftus Road (well, Ellerslie Road anyway) is without doubt THE worst served ground for toilets and refreshments I've seen in the last few years. Anywhere.
    The queues are a joke... and so are the facilities, and service.

And seeing as the season tickets are the dearest in the whole league, that does p*ss a lot of people off.
    This is one of the reasons why I have grown to dislike LR. I tried going for half time 'p' during the Leicester game and it took around 10 minutes to navigate the journey to and from. If I had wanted to get something to eat or drink I would have been late back.

As for improving the atmosphere. I agree that all the 'vocalists' seem to be located in the p/q/r blocks with the rest joining in if QPR are winning.

I recall in the 80s standing fans in the paddock and the loft used to sing quite frequently. Perhaps if singing fans were located in different areas and the team made LR feel like a fortress again, we might see an improved atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      Did someone make a pass at you or what?
      No, a lot of the hard nut QPR fans sit there and even the kids were shocking. I heard a 6 year old say the word c.u.n.t and other kids were swearing some horrendous words up there. X block is awful as the fans don't watch the game. All they are bothered about is giving it large to the away fans. I seriously didn't enjoy the game that day due to idiotic supporters who shouldnt even be there if they are not watching the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
        No, a lot of the hard nut QPR fans sit there and even the kids were shocking. I heard a 6 year old say the word c.u.n.t and other kids were swearing some horrendous words up there. X block is awful as the fans don't watch the game. All they are bothered about is giving it large to the away fans. I seriously didn't enjoy the game that day due to idiotic supporters who shouldnt even be there if they are not watching the game!
        Cheers, I will not be taking my Mom
        to that block for the Boxing Day game then
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I think the overly strict stewarding as some part to play. I like to stand up when i sing. Also turning the lower loft into a family area was a big mistake, no atmosphere in there any more..

Comment

main problem is that people dont sing unless the section their standing in is singing because uva wise ur guna luk like a plonka on ur own

Comment

plus the home prawn sandwiches dnt know half the songs and like siting in seats with no leg room.
              last thing there scared of stewards but if we all stand up what can they do chuck us all out

Comment

Huh?

Comment

Has this not been discussed a zillion times ?

Comment

Because swearing is just so hard isn't it. I had the grave misfortune to sit behind similarly dumb clowns on Saturday, my 7 year old observed that it was the worst language he had ever heard at football and was as disgusted with it as much as me.
                    Some of our so called drunks, no sorry I meant fans, really need to grow up a bit and have a passing thought for the rest of society.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      Because swearing is just so hard isn't it. I had the grave misfortune to sit behind similarly dumb clowns on Saturday, my 7 year old observed that it was the worst language he had ever heard at football and was as disgusted with it as much as me.
                      Some of our so called drunks, no sorry I meant fans, really need to grow up a bit and have a passing thought for the rest of society.
                      I was being sarcastic should have an inserted sarcastic smiley.

Comment

I was being sarcastic should have an inserted sarcastic smiley.
                        I appreciated the sarcasm hun, no need for a smiley - my response was aimed elsewhere but I understand your defensive response :red_heart:
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I don't like swearing but I also don't have a negative to say about it.
                          Not so much this season but the end of last season our team could of made a saint swear.
                          Whats all this hun she should be seen as 1 of the guys if she wants to follow a mans game.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            I don't like swearing but I also don't have a negative to say about it.
                            Not so much this season but the end of last season our team could of made a saint swear.
                            Whats all this hun she should be seen as 1 of the guys if she wants to follow a mans game.

I can swear with the best of them and accept that football is one place it happens more than most. I don't have a massive issue with it and agree some of Rangers' efforts in recent times have warranted it. The rubbish we saw on Saturday is a prime example - but the 3 drunken clowns in front of me took it to a new level and the language was totally out of context to the converstion they were sharing with us all!!

As for your blatant attempt to upset Cait - I've no doubt she will respond once she's done the ironing :victory:
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                            X