Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Atmsophere At Loftus Road..So Poor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Atmsophere At Loftus Road..So Poor??

In all fariness, this is not just a QPR thing, but even up to a few years ago, it was great getting down to the ground and getting everyone behind the team. I remember years ago, it was the norm to get in around 2.30pm, now its dead on 3pm and even then, we may be slightly late.

As for half-time, many don't come back up until 10 minutes into the second half, many goals we've missed !!

How much of the day is more meeting with mates, as opposed to watching QPR? Plus, what can be done to get the atmosphere back?

Please don't say decent songs, because even with attempts to get traditionla QPR songs going, it still falls flat.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

pete the singing lads have to move to x block.this would create a bit of banter and make the away fans day out one to remember.cheaper beer and food would bring supporters into the ground earlier,entertainment on the concourses wouldnt go amiss either.theres basically #### all to do in the ground untill ko
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

As for half-time, many don't come back up until 10 minutes into the second half, many goals we've missed !!
      That might have something to do with the fact that it is physically IMPOSSIBLE to take a p*ss, and grab a drink/bite at half time, and make it back to your seat in time for kick off.
      You just can't do it.

Loftus Road (well, Ellerslie Road anyway) is without doubt THE worst served ground for toilets and refreshments I've seen in the last few years. Anywhere.
      The queues are a joke... and so are the facilities, and service.

And seeing as the season tickets are the dearest in the whole league, that does p*ss a lot of people off.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
        That might have something to do with the fact that it is physically IMPOSSIBLE to take a p*ss, and grab a drink/bite at half time, and make it back to your seat in time for kick off.
        You just can't do it.

Loftus Road (well, Ellerslie Road anyway) is without doubt THE worst served ground for toilets and refreshments I've seen in the last few years. Anywhere.
        The queues are a joke... and so are the facilities, and service.

And seeing as the season tickets are the dearest in the whole league, that does p*ss a lot of people off.
        agree

i challenge anyone who reckons they can go for a slash, have something to eat and grab a beer all within 15 mins

also the rule that u cant bring alcoholic drinks pitch side doesnt help the matter

:chill:

Comment

over zealous and aggressive stewards...does not help.
          also the "singers " in q,p and r blocks....away end cannot hear you, we barely do in SAR....

loftus rd has an air of big brother, cctv...imo not welcoming.

donny stewards i dealt with were ok..but i think some had run ins.

Comment

I think having our most vocal fans in the corner is ridiculous. I know that many of them like it there, and I completely accept that, but in terms of this thread, it doesn't help at all. Some people need to be led into making noise, and that is done at every club by a smaller hardcore bunch of noisy so and so's

At away games, when we are all together, the atmosphere is much better as it is like a dominos effect (not the Pizza, although why have they stopped doing that pizza thing at half time?)

ps - why have I still gor 'Bronze Seat' under my name, I write on here a lot and am extremely handsome
            Last edited by Stedders; 26-11-2009, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I always have a slash something to eat and 2 beers and back for second half in time, i go down on 37 mins

Comment

For me its because there is no striker to look forward to watching
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                  pete the singing lads have to move to x block.this would create a bit of banter and make the away fans day out one to remember.cheaper beer and food would bring supporters into the ground earlier,entertainment on the concourses wouldnt go amiss either.theres basically #### all to do in the ground untill ko
                  X Block? Sat there once and never again. I felt threatened by my own fans. Awful block.

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
                    X Block? Sat there once and never again. I felt threatened by my own fans. Awful block.
                    Did someone make a pass at you or what?
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

i have found X block to be good entertainment if the away fans are a bit lairy.
                      although r block is my natural habitat.

Comment

Originally posted by bkirk View Post
                        i have found X block to be good entertainment if the away fans are a bit lairy.
                        although r block is my natural habitat.
                        I enjoyed it but I got put there, didnt ask too. Normally I sit in R block as that is where the main atmosphere is.

However, people saying we need to move to the away end do have a point, but the reason why the atmosphere at qpr is bad is bad pricing, obv, but mainly they made the loft a family stand. This is our 'kop'. This is the stand that use to roar on the team, and now because of this, only the corner does.

Comment

What happened to the great "RANGERS!! " chant from the 70s? Bring that back I say!

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_matt View Post
                            I enjoyed it but I got put there, didnt ask too. Normally I sit in R block as that is where the main atmosphere is.

However, people saying we need to move to the away end do have a point, but the reason why the atmosphere at qpr is bad is bad pricing, obv, but mainly they made the loft a family stand. This is our 'kop'. This is the stand that use to roar on the team, and now because of this, only the corner does.
                            Big problem that.

The Gold pricing, and the "Family Stand" thing has scattered people from The Loft, to all over the ground searching for cheaper silver and bronze seats.
                            It's definitely caused a drop in volume and atmosphere.

Comment

Main reason is...
                              I've got a hole in my drum my drum my drum ...i've got a hole in my drum my drum I say!
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X