Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was there a floodlight delay on Tuesday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was there a floodlight delay on Tuesday?

I was gutted.....I was out for the night....on my way to the pub I popped into the bookies and put a modest £5 on Buszaky to score the first goal (I thought lots of rain plus QPR are great means it's obvious some Palace player will haul somebody down for a PEN or a FreeKick. Feeling rather clever with myself (it's like printing money I thought as I walked away with my betting slip showing 8-1 odds)......I walk in my local and my mates tell me that the game is called off because of Floodlight failure. Now I know the sensible thing to do would have been to wait but the bookies is in the middle of the high street (a miles walk or difficulty parking)....so having checked with my BROTHER that it was definately called off.......I ran back to the bookies coz it was only 4 doors away.......I explained that it had been called off......They said nothing showing yet on that but here's your refund..........I then glance at sky sports news during my drunken evening to see that our man Buszaky has in fact done what I'd bet £5 he would do......How blinking stupid do you think I felt?......Oh and I hope my Brother has a wonderful life.....it was only 40 notes but eh!!

fairplay,always nice to have some back
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
      I was gutted.....I was out for the night....on my way to the pub I popped into the bookies and put a modest £5 on Buszaky to score the first goal (I thought lots of rain plus QPR are great means it's obvious some Palace player will haul somebody down for a PEN or a FreeKick. Feeling rather clever with myself (it's like printing money I thought as I walked away with my betting slip showing 8-1 odds)......I walk in my local and my mates tell me that the game is called off because of Floodlight failure. Now I know the sensible thing to do would have been to wait but the bookies is in the middle of the high street (a miles walk or difficulty parking)....so having checked with my BROTHER that it was definately called off.......I ran back to the bookies coz it was only 4 doors away.......I explained that it had been called off......They said nothing showing yet on that but here's your refund..........I then glance at sky sports news during my drunken evening to see that our man Buszaky has in fact done what I'd bet £5 he would do......How blinking stupid do you think I felt?......Oh and I hope my Brother has a wonderful life.....it was only 40 notes but eh!!
      Sorry, I had a score at 9/1......

Comment

Working...
      X