Memories from THAT day at Hillsborough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories from THAT day at Hillsborough

I remember the celebrations, and how well we played, and how despite all of what was going on around me i still thought we would blow it (glass half empty kind of guy).
    I also remember the scores from the City game being announced on the Tannoy during the game.
    But the weird thing I still remember was that in the away stand next to us (I was along the side of the pitch not in the end) was the actor who played Simon the factory owner in 'where the heart is' (think he's in Corrie now) giving it large ammounts, shouting, swearing, gesticulating almost apoplectic with rage as the third went in.

I also got my picture (in the crowd) on the website and it was used on the fixtures pamphlet for the following year.
    Last edited by Pal; 05-11-2009, 01:37 PM.

Seems such a long time ago now,deffo due a win in Sheffield its a bogey city nevermind team.

Comment

Can never ever go back there again as it just will not be the same...

Comment

what day?
        when 97 died or qpr going up?
        we won and have moved on....

we have a bigger battle now.

Comment

Originally posted by PompeyRanger View Post
          Can never ever go back there again as it just will not be the same...
          you actually mean that? no wonder are away support has been poor this year

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
            what day?
            when 97 died or qpr going up?
            we won and have moved on....

we have a bigger battle now.
            Lighten up! No **** we have a bigger battle now but that wernt the question...

I was at LR watching this, ran on the pitch, loved every min of it!

Comment

What a day that was.

A pal of mine was playing for Wednesday that day and he got us in the Players bar after the game. Ainsworth walked in the bar swigging from a bottle of JD and Bircham and Gallen were singing "we are qpr", with QPR scarves on over there suits...!!

Had a good chat with a few of the players

My mate also said when he was marking Bircham he could hear Bircham humming along with what the Rangers fans were singing!!
              Last edited by jfish; 05-11-2009, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Stood very nervously lower tier. Remember them putting up on the scoreboard ever time Bristol City scored. Went on one of the 13 odd official club coaches and remember no atmosphere on it coming back
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

on the pitch?? ban ban ban lol...

great day...where is that support now??

we need to focus on the "Now!" the great memories are there for when needed..

much talk of a booklet from this day with stories,pics from the fans...maybe add p/off final and it'd be ok??
                  someone near me at hillsboro had a canada flag, so i am under that when seen on the dvd.

Comment

remember scanning 15 tickets off a computer and getting in for free along with many others!!

SWEET

Comment

more thuggery lol......

sorry qpr matt, very moody today....

Comment

werent much thuggery up there that day.wendy had a blinding firm out that day.
                        "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                        London Pride is a flower that's free.
                        London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                        And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Anybody go when we were done 7-1? Thankfully I was not there but remember shock at the scoreline.

Comment

i was. and you know what it should of been 8.1 they had a perfectly good goal dissalowed that was over the line
                            "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                            London Pride is a flower that's free.
                            London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                            And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Was that **** Doppey Dougie playing for Wed that day?
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X