Mahon, Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahon, Discuss

as like most fans i would say there are better midfielders in our squad than the above formentioned, however, i do believe Mahon is a leader and a leaderis what we have lacked in the last few games especially amongst the younger/flair players

agreed......sometimes the best lookin cars are least reliable!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
      agreed......sometimes the best lookin cars are least reliable!
      Take it you've had a few old bangers in your time :bad_smile:

Comment

Playing out of his skin at moment . but for how longer
        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
          Take it you've had a few old bangers in your time :bad_smile:

:very_sad:..............more old bangers than a box of fireworks........but all 'lovely' at the time:(
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

I just wrote this in the Adel thread, as it seemed to have turned into acentr mimdfield debate also so here it is again!!

Watson is, in my humble opinion, a better overall player than Mahon. However, as a partnership in the centre of midfield - Faurlin and Mahon have been excellent and a key to our recent good performances.

It was clear at the Reading game when Watson went off how much space Faurlin had to make things tick.

Mahon seems to be able to sit and allow Faurlin that time on the ball that he, and the team benefit from. Also our defence looks more solid with Mahon sitting there as an extra body just holds up the oppositions attack - rather than having Watson or Faurlin busting a gut running back trying to catch up with the runners.

Comment

Think Watson is the much better option, he just needs a run of games. Though, He is one booking away yet again from missing a game:cry:
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

What you have to remember and understand is that Mahon was brought in for experience and leadership on the field. In all sports you need a leader and he fit the bill, he captained Watford, won promotion, played in the premiership, so therefore it was thought he could fit and run the QPR side.

Comment

Originally posted by mjk View Post
                  I just wrote this in the Adel thread, as it seemed to have turned into acentr mimdfield debate also so here it is again!!

Watson is, in my humble opinion, a better overall player than Mahon. However, as a partnership in the centre of midfield - Faurlin and Mahon have been excellent and a key to our recent good performances.

It was clear at the Reading game when Watson went off how much space Faurlin had to make things tick.

Mahon seems to be able to sit and allow Faurlin that time on the ball that he, and the team benefit from. Also our defence looks more solid with Mahon sitting there as an extra body just holds up the oppositions attack - rather than having Watson or Faurlin busting a gut running back trying to catch up with the runners.

Nail on head, football is often about partnerships, some work some don't. Rowly / Watson worked well, Mahon / Faurlin works brilliantly Watson / Faurlin as evidenced by Tuesday and the Reading game, needs a lot of work at best

Comment

Originally posted by baz View Post
                    Nail on head, football is often about partnerships, some work some don't. Rowly / Watson worked well, Mahon / Faurlin works brilliantly Watson / Faurlin as evidenced by Tuesday and the Reading game, needs a lot of work at best

I agree that Mahon and Faurlin worked well before and allowed Buzsaky Taarabt and Routledge a lot of freedom to attack.

Mahon, is not a better player than Watson, but he is a better leader and more disciplined in his tackling, and in his temperament as well as willing to sit back.

It's a tough choice to make though, because if QPR want Watson to stay, he needs to be in the starting line-up.

If he stays and Taarbat leaves in January problem could be solved by playing a 4-2-3-1 formation with Mahon and Faurlin sitting back and Watson, Buzsaky and Routledge behind Simpson in attack.

Comment

Working...
                    X