Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we don't make playoffs... fans are to blame.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally agree with SM. Worst atmosphere of the season. I had not brought the drum because I felt if we couldn't sing when things were going well, then we never would. Well, I'll have to bring against Palace.

When we do sing, its about how much we hate Chelsea and not supporting our own team. Last night we were 2-1 down with about 30 minutes the team needed a 12th man and we the fans didn;t provide it, very disappointing. The extra crowd for some strange reason had a detrimental effect.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      Totally agree with SM. Worst atmosphere of the season. I had not brought the dum because I felt if we couldn't sing when things were going well, then we never would. Well, I'll have to bring against Palace.

When we do sing, its about how much we hate Chelsea and not supporting our own team. Last night we were 2-1 down with about 30 minutes the team needed a 12th man and we the fans didn;t provide it, very disappointing. The extra crowd for some strange reason had a detrimental effect.
      It wasnt a bad atmosphere up in till they scored, but to be honest the players were not doing the business on the pitch and that is what really gets the team going.
      Now, Then, Forever
      [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

People only sing when we are winning. It is a shame but it was a really poor performance last night and embarrasing, you realise that Cerny's bluner is in contention for blunder of the year award.

The problem with last night was everyone thought we were going to win easy and play well, which we didn't and i think people were just disappointed at half time that they had enough, not that I agree with that because I don't however I think there was far too much hype, and that result has brought us back to earth.

Comment

Sometimes we need to get behind them and not wait until we are 3-0 up.Works both ways.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Totally agree with SM. Worst atmosphere of the season. I had not brought the dum because I felt if we couldn't sing when things were going well, then we never would. Well, I'll have to bring against Palace.

Peterborough was worse.

I just object to all this stuff about the "extra" fans causing the problem. Like they're some kind of glory hunters who have never been before, and ruined it for the passionate loyal fans who were turning up weeks ago.
            "Where were you when we were sh*t" ??? Stupid song, helps nobody.
            The people who come out with stuff like that should be the ones being questioned here, as well as all the stuff about Leicester's support being "f***ing s**t".
            They brought treble the amount of fans that we took to Derby, for an evening game on the box.
            Doesn't take much working out, does it?

And I honestly don't think it was that bad last night, considering the game was live on tv, and we played very poorly. No booing, and plenty clapped the players off at the end.
            The level of noise has been poor for a couple of years now, but I don't think the extra 6000 last night can be blamed for that - not even partly.

It was the performance on the pitch that led to the quiet periods, and the MILD moaning.
            If we'd been 2-0 up, the place would have been rocking, but that's football fans for you, not just QPR fans.

Comment

That is 100% something that was annoying me last night, abit more of "come on rangers come on rangers come on rangers COME ON!!" would have been much better then another rendition of "west london is rrsssss west london is rrrssss so f of chelsea west london is rsss"...

Thats all well and good at 4-0, but 1-0 in a important game its stupid.
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Sometimes we need to get behind them and not wait until we are 3-0 up.Works both ways.
                Couldn't agree more.

Comment

The problem is that the fans who regularly go don't sing in great numbers - some never sing or show any emotion.

I sit in the Lower Loft with my kids and am disgusted with the lack of support shown. These people may as well stay at home and watch on t.v. It'd make no difference to the atmosphere if they did. Why can't people simply cheer or show any excitement.

Many in the Lower Loft used to be part of the painted mural they had at Highbury years ago.

Comment

I too sit in the LL bob but have you seen the looks you get from most of the people if you do try to join in or even just show a bit of encouragement . frustrates the living s**t out of me
                    God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

SM I understand your sentiments but I have to disagree with your post. However we managed to fill the ground is irrelevant the fact of the matter is the support was decent. My major gripe was those rattles, I was very tense before the game and had worked myself up all week in anticipation of this fixture my nerves were on edge but I all could here for the first 20 mins was a constant ****ing din those rattles created......I suspect I don't stand alone on this.

When we are playing well I encourage, cheer and clap.......However, when I see our players making school boy errors I scream and shout abuse because thats the sort of fan I am.

I don't ever boo players

I have my favourite players who I am more tolerant with

However, there are those players I have very little patience for when they start making mistakes because they are the same mistakes I have seen them make since signing for the club.

The club are to be commended on filling the ground and were it not for an outstanding performance from Leicester Loftus Road would have been rocking.

Comment

One thing I don't agree with, regardless of Friday's atmosphere - is how brilliant it used to be when we had lower gates. Utter plap. Been going to LR for 25 years and the atmosphere has been appalling for many spells, in many years, especially when we had lower gates.

The new pricing and moving of peoples seats and putting the family stand in the loft have really not helped. especially the latter which is the single biggest factor in our awful atmosphere imho. And the atmosphere wasn't better for some of our decent home wins/performances this season....?!

Manager motivates the team. They are paid professionals - they shouldn't need re-assurance from the fans. Look at Monacco - got to Champions League finals with almost no fans. Juve been champions of Europe many times with stadium 3/4 empty for most games....and when the 1/4 did sing they were 300 metres from the players!
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                          One thing I don't agree with, regardless of Friday's atmosphere - is how brilliant it used to be when we had lower gates.
                          That is correct, it's always been the case that sometimes the atmos is terrific, others it isn't.

Comment

I think QPR can go directly to the league as 1st or 2nd if they bought defenders at the required level

Comment

When I see how some continental supporters get behind the team, it doesn make you wonder/ Problem is that its a sit down sport for supporters now and so hard to generate atmosphere.

Think it should be good against Palace

Comment

Strange though,best football we have been playing for some time yet the crowd atmosphere is not that great.

When back down in theDiv 1 with Ian Hol - we were getting crowds og 16 k - and i thought atmosphere was pretty good then

Totally agree with pete - we do only seem to sing when we are winning.Oh - sorry - the odd sit down shut up when the away fans have a go.Singing will not score us more goals - but some players do respond to better atmospheres in the ground.

Eeven the " we are the p block r block q block " ditty seems to be sung less and less.

Comment

Working...
                                X