Great news.
    They seek him here.................

Comment

well done to the club

isleworth well done to u sir for your effort on this

u are a credit to everyone connected to the club

Comment

Fantastic! That will be a good day!..
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Fantastic hope the lads get a great reception.

500 free tickets is a superb gesture from the club.

Well done to everyone on this.
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

I am so glad this has now been finalised and I would like to especially thank Ian Taylor and Gianni Paladini who have been so enthusiastic in making this happen and Joan Conlon and Julie Davies at Hounslow Council who have been such a great help liasing with the club and of course all the QPR fans on each messageboard who have shown their support for the idea.

We really have a chance to show our appreciation for these brave Troops so lets all make the most of it and raise the roof with our gratitude.

QPR Official Site

THE TROOPS ARE COMING TO W12
            Posted on: Wed 28 Oct 2009
            The R's Championship fixture against Coventry City next month promises to be an extra special occasion for the troops of the 2nd Battalion Royal Fusiliers, based at Hounslow Barracks.

The Club have agreed to offer 500 FREE tickets to the service men and women who have served our country so well in Afghanistan in recent months.

Their family and friends will also be invited to the match, as we all unite to show our gratitude and appreciation to the troops from our local Barracks.

Deputy MD, Ali Russell, told www.qpr.co.uk: "This is something we have been thinking about for some time and we're delighted we've been able to pencil in the Coventry City match for the entire QPR fan-base to show their appreciation and gratitude to these incredible human beings.

"It puts football into perspective when you consider what these people have been through, but we will be giving them a day to remember at Loftus Road - and what better motivation to win than in front of a group of troops who have given blood, sweat and tears for their country in recent months."

The Football League recently selected Help for Heroes as their Official Charity Partner for the 2009/10 season and Russell added: "We will be working very closely with Help for Heroes on several initiatives throughout the season, but we're delighted that we've managed to get the wheels in motion with our local Barracks and hopefully it's the start of a really positive relationship."

As well as watching all the action unveil from Ellerslie Road, the troops - who will be granted the Freedom of the Borough by the Council on Thursday 26th November - will provide a guard of honour prior to kick-off and also take part in a lap of honour.

Captain Jay Shaw added: "It is great to see the support and appreciation shown to our regiment by the British public and especially on this occasion Queens Park Rangers Football Club."

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail...833859,00.html

Comment

Well done Paul and well done to all who backed this.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Excellent news well done Rangers
                We Are The People.....

Comment

well done to everyone involved

Comment

My only concern is if they have a parade of sorts b4 the game starts, hardly anyone takes there seats until a few minutes b4 kickoff, prehaps a halftime one would be good.
                    They seek him here.................

Comment

Absolutely fantastic news...makes me very proud to be an R.

Special well done to you isleworth for kicking this off
                      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Totally agree, parade should be at half time as i,m sure everybody wants to say THANK YOU to these guys and girls.

Comment

gotta fill those empty seats somehow!
                          but this is a gesture welcomed....
                          our troops deserve it....we know the risks they take, and are ordered to take.
                          shame we weren't the 1st to do this but whatever...i believe as many clubs as possible will follow...good pr and gives a feel good factor.
                          well done qprfc.
                          NOW DROP THE PRICES.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
                            My only concern is if they have a parade of sorts b4 the game starts, hardly anyone takes there seats until a few minutes b4 kickoff, prehaps a halftime one would be good.
                            Its a tough call but I guess ultimately its up to the Troops as its their day and they may just want to have a beer ay half time and relax etc rather then being gathered up to do a parade on the pitch.

Comment

great stuff

drove past the barracks today & they have yellow ribbons tied to the railing with a couple of "welcome home" posters

going to try & get a pic in the next day or 2

Comment

Working...
                              X