upset with a few of the players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upset with a few of the players

Last night i was at the club for the sponser night and have to say poor show from some of the players They couldnt wait to leave, Good on Answorth telling them to stay on for a while

Unfortunately, this is what happens when the friendly feel of the club is removed.
    There has been a moody cloud over the club since Flav put his authority on the club.

When was the last time that more than 4-5 players came to applaud the fans?
    When was the last time the fans really got behind the team?

Feels really depressing at the moment.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Flavio is an easy scapegoat, I have to say.

He is the one, we rarely see or get involved with as fans. Reality is, he is very very shrewd businessman
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Everything sucks about QPR at the moment and I can wait for the season to finish.

"Reality is, he is very very shrewd businessman"

Yep he only spends other peoples money, that's shrewd

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

He is the one, we rarely see or get involved with as fans. Reality is, he is very very shrewd businessman
          Pete,

It's not his business credentials I am weary of.
          I know he's shrewd.
          I even believe he know what he's doing with reference to the global branding.

My problem is his involvement with team affairs.
          It's not needed, nor appreciated.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

got to say though some of the players sure have some fab cars

Comment

Can I play devils advocate?

this is not a defence.

When the team is not performing and are paid very well, is it not the chairmans perogrative to ask questions. In any walk of life, if you do your job, you get left to your own devices, when you don't owners have every right to question. This can be players, managers, sproting directors, staff etc etc

Just a point and I don't want to be s.lagged down for it.

We did not hear anthing like this, when we were winning.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Players couldn't wait to leave the player of the year party last season. There should be certain events during the year where they are forced to stay for the duration.
                First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

If they wanted to leave last season when there was a huge feel good factor, I feel sorry for the ******s who have paid good money for the POTY do this year.

Comment

Agree I was there and once again the one player who stayed till about 330 was garath Answorth again god I love that man

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Sir Alan Sugar by definition is shrewd, Briatore is ruthless and a chancer!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                        When was the last time that more than 4-5 players came to applaud the fans?
                        I was thinking the same myself on Saturday.It used to be all bar 2 or 3 who would come over, now it seems the majority are happy to get down the tunnel asap.
                        Even some of the ones who used to come round don't any more.

Say what you like about Holloway, he never let the players forget the importance of the fans -- remember how they would all come over at the start AND end of away games?
                        Some of this lot seem to have let the "global brand" and "boutique" bit go to their heads.

If anyone (eg: Gareth) from the club is reading this -- have a word, will you? The PR between the fans and team is not very good -- this would be such a simple way to improve it -- if of course the club want to.
                        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

They did go pretty quickly, some stayed.

Puts into it reality. We argue of these guys everyday of our working life, yet they don't have the same passion. They have been blessed with having the ability to play football and in some cases earn the same amount of money a week, that some do in a year.

Egos have risen, bigger cars and more distancing from the fans. These are just human beings like the rest of us.

Ainsworth is first rate, no effort in talking to the fans. Have to say Camp, and Helgusson also stayed and mingled. To the others it looked like a chore, but aye thats football nowadays.

Comment

Pete, if I ran a company, and my computer system crashed, I'd go and see the IT manager and ask him to get it fixed and tell me what went wrong, what he's done to make sure it doesn't happen again etc. I wouldn't tell him what he needs to do fix it. That's his job, his responsibility. If I know what needs to be done, and I have the time to fix it myself, I probably don't need to employ him in the first place.

And if he was the fourth IT manager I'd fired in 18 months because none of them seemed able to do the job I want, then I'd probably really need to take a good long look at myself and ask whether I wasn't part of the problem.

Comment

i think its quite funny with some fans...they boo the players when performances are not how they want them....then expect the players to stay at functions or clap the crowds that are booing them.......

Comment

Working...
                              X