Cook and our tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook and our tactics

relating back to this thread saying could ephraim and balanta go into our side and not have any problems..

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ad.php?t=35018

do you believe cook can contribute?

cook has a good cross but rarely beats his man.. i would say his passing was divine but im 50/50 whether if cook could add to our system as it is. saying this and being a person who slated cook for last years performances i do like the guy and believe this injury will hopefully allow him to get going. i feel cooks crosses wouldnt be worthwhile as we saw vs derby we just dont have anybody to win the ball if a cross comes in.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

how about left back?

Comment

A fully fit and raring to go Lee Cook would still fit into our squad.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

No chance, Cook can't tackle for ****

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
          A fully fit and raring to go Lee Cook would still fit into our squad.
          Squad is the operative word there Dave. Squad meaning a target man on the bench who comes on with Cook when plan A isn't working.

Cook is best at beating his man and crossing in the air, he isn't so good at the intricate passing game we curently have on display imo

Comment

Yeah, fair point, last 15 with big Dave might prove interesting.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
              he isn't so good at the intricate passing game we curently have on display imo
              How do you know? We've never played this way before. Hes got enough ability to be able to pass and move.

I think he could fit in and give us a different option.

Comment

I would love to be proved wrong MorrisQPR but having watched him for years, as I bet you have as well, Cook doesn't come across as someone who would fit into the current Plan A passing system. Quality player when at his best but being left footed and playing on the left his instinct is to get to the byeline and cross the ball in the air for the target man, ala Blackstock.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
                  How do you know? We've never played this way before. Hes got enough ability to be able to pass and move.

I think he could fit in and give us a different option.
                  Agreed. If he can regain 100% fitness Lee Cook can still play a major part in our season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    but being left footed and playing on the left his instinct is to get to the byeline and cross the ball in the air for the target man, ala Blackstock.
                    Cook likes to cut in aswell, he doesnt just go down the line because he doesnt have great pace. And if he does decide to go down the line and put a cross in, it doesnt have to be in the air for a target man(because we dont have one) he can keep it low for Simpson to latch onto, which is just as dangerous as a high cross, probably more so seeing as most center backs eat up high balls into the box anyway.

He will have to adapt his game slightly but he has more than enough ability to do that.

Comment

I agree with the young boy on this one.
                      Cook will be a great player if fit and he has more about him than just a left foot.
                      I see him as an important player over what will be a long season where strengh in depth will be key
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

cook cant put the ball over the first man

Comment

Originally posted by F_Block_Tifosi View Post
                          cook cant put the ball over the first man
                          This is a Blackstock video, but watch how many Cook sets up by first class crossing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PtjKeGe6gk

Comment

ok that year he played half decent, a lot of assists, but last year he was shocking. i suppose he was unfit and not really up for the task. but that was a season when he was good, no more unfortunalty

Comment

Last season he had pain in his knee, this season he wont.

Give him a chance, home to Sheffield Weds when we was 2-0, he put in 2 top class crosses for the 2nd and 3rd goal. Hes got it in his locker, and when hes fit he needs to show it.

Comment

Working...
                              X