A Message to our Board of Directors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Message to our Board of Directors.

The Board should, in my opinion, take a good look at what other clubs are, or about to do, to address the problem of poor attendences. I don't think the average season ticket holder would object to some radical action to attract past fans back, and just as important, get the local kids in to see some of the most attractive football seen at LR since the 70's.

Birmingham City's new Directors have a similar problem (empty seat wise, not good football wise, you understand) even in the Premiership, and they are about to scrap the price structure introduced by their predecessors, and let accompanied kids in for free. The new owner said to his staff, "I don't want to see 6,000 plus empty seats every match, I want them filled for every game from now on, do it ".

Have we got the sort of Board members likely to see the potential of taking such drastic action NOW, or are they more interested in entertaining freeloaders in the W12 and C Club? My past experience has always indicated the corporate side only becomes a real profit source with a successful team coupled with the great atmosphere that this engenders, and another 5,000 voices would do just that.

The atmosphere last night was electric with less than 12,000 present; this team deserves a near full house. It’s up to our Board to do something about it and show us, the real fans , that they are prepared to listen and then act.

Oh, and why have 8-00pm kO's ? Consult the fans, but my impression is that the majority would prefer a return to 7-30pm or latest 7-45pm. The old traffic augument seems to be outweighed by people who have to rely on public transport having serious problems getting home. ( the fact that I live 110miles away has nothing to do with it ).

It is a catch 20-20 situation.

We wouldn't have 11,900 for the last game of the season against Newcastle if it mean't we were going up.

It is only £20 in certain areas of the ground.

Middlesboro just sacked there manager because of poor crowds.

Other side of coin we are in a recession and people simply cannot afford it, and priorities in life dictate home essentials come first before recreation
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      We wouldn't have 11,900 for the last game of the season against Newcastle if it mean't we were going up.
      So the board is happy to have 12 -13000 crowds on the basis that the last game of the season COULD be a sell out in certain circumstances?

It's NOW that counts, not some speculative situation at the end of the season. Do what is necessary to fill the ground now and for the rest of the season. Bums on seats means more food, drink, programmes and merchandise sold FACT. Get the place rocking and backing the team to the max.

Comment

It is a catch 20-20 situation.

It is only £20 in certain areas of the ground.

Middlesboro just sacked there manager because of poor crowds.

Other side of coin we are in a recession and people simply cannot afford it, and priorities in life dictate home essentials come first before recreation
        I think it's a "Catch 22"... but if you want to take it to the next level, go for it.

Totally agree with qprhopps on this.
        Needs looking at again, urgently.

Comment

I queued up last night for a £25 silver tkt in the ER. Sold out I was told so had to pay £30 for gold. To my horror the silver seats were half empty in x block. Was I conned?

Comment

Originally posted by irememberlesley View Post
            I queued up last night for a £25 silver tkt in the ER. Sold out I was told so had to pay £30 for gold. To my horror the silver seats were half empty in x block. Was I conned?
            Probably.....
            A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

No must of been a geniune mistake
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

One of the best statements i have seen you make.

Comment

old news but bradford did a £99 ssn tkt if renewed before xmas..ie renew now for next season

i have paid near £600...why not lower prices and then say reduce mine by £100+ for next season??

Comment

Originally posted by irememberlesley View Post
                    Well episodes like that have been brought up before on here, and elsewhere.
                    Makes you wonder?

At best, it's appalling, slack service.
                    At worst....??

Comment

Don't think match day pricing puts off many. Neutrals will come regardless. We shot ourselves in the foot with the season ticket pricing, rendering it a useless product if you miss just 2 league games. People decide not to purchase and just get out of the habit of going.

Plus it's a weekday school night as Pete says - always historically far lower. The crowd v Preston on Saturday was up on like for like last season.

Comment

Everything is so expensive. We even have the world's most expensive fanzine at £3. Were promised 100 pages per issue - only 56 last night.

Comment

I think a reasonable structure would be

Upper and Lower Loft £20.00
                          HU and QU £15.00
                          Ellerslie Road Centre £25
                          Ellerslie Road Wings £20
                          Sa Road Centre £25
                          Sa Road Wings £20

Members get £2.00 off and no booking fee

Under 8's free with a full paying adult anywhere in the ground
                          under 16 £8.00 anywhere in the ground
                          16 - 21 £12.00 anywhere in the ground

For season tickets I would look at the data base and give people major discounts who have had a season ticket for a number of years

what they need to do is reward the loyal fans who were there in the bad old days and make the "new" fans pay top whack
                          Last edited by Rangersw12; 21-10-2009, 01:33 PM.
                          We Are The People.....

Comment

Again very pro kids but you have done nothing for a full paying adult that is semi out of work
                            Yet looking after a 21 year old who doesn't probably want to work.
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

On the subject of the programme - slight digression so apologies - it is a lot thicker than when I went in the eighties as a kid but actually has far less in it. It is totally banal. Back then there were some decent articles, particularly Michael Whale's essay, and the page of stats and past matches etc. I used to horde them, now I often don't even bother taking them out of the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X