For those that still support Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Tarbs no matter how much you think i like ollie, the players are at fault yesterday, the manager wouldnt have told them to jog around and dont bother making space and dont bother pass & move, there basics and every player should know them!
    But the buck stops with the manager mate, just as it does in any walk of life.

You've managed people right? Had your own road surfacing business if I remember correctly? Let's put this in terms you can relate to. If you had a team of 30 lads used on rotation, and regardless of which lads you used on a particular job, the surfaces that were being laid weren't up to standard, would you pass the blame onto the lads working for you? Would you get away with using the same excuse of your lads not working hard enough or not following instructions to every disappointed client?

Of course you wouldn't mate, you'd get the blame as you are the manager. Just as I have taken the blame in the past when teams of guys I've managed have been under-performing. That's the nature of being a manager. Sometimes you may cop some flack when somebody under your management has let you down, but when the results are consistently below expectations the blame has to lie with the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      But the buck stops with the manager mate, just as it does in any walk of life.

You've managed people right? Had your own road surfacing business if I remember correctly? Let's put this in terms you can relate to. If you had a team of 30 lads used on rotation, and regardless of which lads you used on a particular job, the surfaces that were being laid weren't up to standard, would you pass the blame onto the lads working for you? Would you get away with using the same excuse of your lads not working hard enough or not following instructions to every disappointed client?

Of course you wouldn't mate, you'd get the blame as you are the manager. Just as I have taken the blame in the past when teams of guys I've managed have been under-performing. That's the nature of being a manager. Sometimes you may cop some flack when somebody under your management has let you down, but when the results are consistently below expectations the blame has to lie with the manager.
      Tarbie we havnt been like yesterday in every game though have we mate! not making excuses up about yesterday as it wasnt good enough tarbs and needs to change, and could spell trouble for the manager if it doesnt, thats all im saying, but the players were very poor yesterday and has been said the qualities missing, especially upfront.
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Its hard enough about yesterday without you being a disrespectful little tool bakes
        Told ya. Losing it just like your chum Ollie.

Does it not dawn on you that you're the only one on here with sad hero worship of Ollie, who comes up with all manner of excuses week on week (normally the players fault) which never seem to be the managers fault.

Maybe the whole world other than you is wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          Told ya. Losing it just like your chum Ollie.

Does it not dawn on you that you're the only one on here with sad hero worship of Ollie, who comes up with all manner of excuses week on week (normally the players fault) which never seem to be the managers fault.

Maybe the whole world other than you is wrong?
          Lol im losing it nothing mate, youre the one whos name calling and disrespecting, carry on bakes if it gives you abit of pleasure.

Comment

Lol im losing it nothing mate, youre the one whos name calling and disrespecting, carry on bakes if it gives you abit of pleasure.
            You called me a disrespectful tool you wally. LOL

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day. You can't even do that.

Comment

You called me a disrespectful tool you wally. LOL

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day. You can't even do that.
              I did bakes as its exactly what youre behaving like mate, just cos im blaming the players for yesterdays bad performance youre calling me.

Comment

I did bakes as its exactly what youre behaving like mate, just cos im blaming the players for yesterdays bad performance youre calling me.
                ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. The whole world is wrong and Pinkie is right again.

I stand corrected. Sack all the players.

19-14-32. All the players fault.

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. The whole world is wrong and Pinkie is right again.

I stand corrected. Sack all the players.

19-14-32. All the players fault.

Knew youd see some sense son

Comment

Knew youd see some sense son

Comment

Tarbie we havnt been like yesterday in every game though have we mate! not making excuses up about yesterday as it wasnt good enough tarbs and needs to change, and could spell trouble for the manager if it doesnt, thats all im saying, but the players were very poor yesterday and has been said the qualities missing, especially upfront.
                      We've been rubbish all season, and all of last season mate. Of course you can let Ollie off for last season to some extent, as he inherited JFH's team. No excuses now though, Ollie has had 15 months to bring in his own players and stamp his authority on things. Yeah, you'll point to a handful of good results, but it's the bare minimum. To finish lower than mid-table with this squad of players is criminal. To be in a genuine relegation scrap is even worse than that.

What worries me the most is how bad it could get next season. It seems everyone is available for a price at the moment. This means that we'll probably loose Smithies and Luongo at some point. I also don't see any progress being made in signing up Robinson to a new deal. Take those 3 out of this team and we are bang in trouble.

We need to get a smarter manager in either now, or at the very latest in the summer. Another season with Ollie in charge will be a disaster. I'd also fully expect a lot of fans not to renew!

Comment

Bristol City are a better team than us, even with 10 men they made us look poor.
                        Man City are a better team than most, even with 10 men they make teams look poor.

If you want a manager out, stop going to games, whether an ST holder or not.
                        Last edited by Olly; 28-01-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

It's been like that every single game. Bar the Mighty Burton. It will the same Saturday.

Comment

There is no way there should be a gulf of diffence that size where a side in the championship (not even in tne top two either) can beat another side with that much ease. Ridiculous.
                            I mean Fulham showed againnst ten men what should happen in this division.
                            We are so much worse now than we were under jfh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              There is no way there should be a gulf of diffence that size where a side in the championship (not even in tne top two either) can beat another side with that much ease. Ridiculous.
                              I mean Fulham showed againnst ten men what should happen in this division.
                              We are so much worse now than we were under jfh.
                              We had it last week too kev with Middlesbrough being lorded around as if they were Barcelona. Far too much acceptance Of mediocrity. Some can’t see the wood for the trees with regards to Holloway

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                                We had it last week too kev with Middlesbrough being lorded around as if they were Barcelona. Far too much acceptance Of mediocrity. Some can’t see the wood for the trees with regards to Holloway
                                To be honest, I thought we were poor against Burton too. They were absolutely dreadful and it took us til the final 20 minutes to stamp our authority on that game. A decent side would have taken them to pieces.

We're on a horrible run and have got some very important games coming up. Tony needs to man up and sack this clown. Garry Monk, Paul Clement and Mark Warburton are all out of job. He needs to get on the blower to all 3 and get them interviewed pronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X