No announcement yet.

Ollie Instagram Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a very mature way to look at dealing with this specific situation. Yet it’s not just this that bugs the fans. As the Millwall posting below attests, there may be a much deeper issue in play here. Ollie has taken to lashing out at the fans, playing odd tactical schemes without result, selecting squads based on favouritism and stubbornness of habit, and posted a lousy record with what most feel is a better-than-lousy squad. So what are we waiting for here? If the Hoops are relegated, which looking at the standings is now a more distinct possibility, the fans will revolt at everyone on the Club starting with TF. As for the players, they want two things: (1) To advance their own prospects in football; (2) To be a part of a winner. Ollie is not helping them advance, or the team win. What more evidence is needed that we don’t already have?

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    As an employer I thought how would I deal with this situation if I had an equivalent one with a senior employee in my business?

Said senior employee has been underperforming for a while and it wasn't that long ago I'd had to pull him up for having a pop at some of our customer base publicly. The message I would be getting loud and clear would be that he was looking to be sacked or had completely lost the plot.

You cannot have employees using their official social media accounts and linking in the 'c' word. It is ridiculously bad judgement to say the least. As an employer you would have to be at the least issuing a formal written warning and trying to work out with the person how to best manage the PR fallout.

The word is offensive to most women and should not be used around children. Posting it on a public forum where you are in the public eye is just stupid beyond belief. Imagine the field day the press would have if it was Mourinho or Wenger. Embarrassing for the club.

The point is made that this is a working class sport and the word is used commonly. If I'm out having a few beers with the boys it gets used within that social circle. If we are out as a mixed group or I'm out with Mrs Fox or around kids I wouldn't use it. Simple as that. Need to have some standards. The club needs to have some standards.

He is not some teenager who has been a bit silly. He is a fifty something experienced manager. Absolutely no excuse for it. Seriously don't know what it wrong with the guy.

If I was Uncle I would ask him outright if he is looking for a way out of the job and, if so, work out the most amicable way to deal with it for both sides. If that is not the case needs a formal warning with some very strong assurances he can control himself better in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
      This is a very mature way to look at dealing with this specific situation. Yet it’s not just this that bugs the fans. As the Millwall posting below attests, there may be a much deeper issue in play here. Ollie has taken to lashing out at the fans, playing odd tactical schemes without result, selecting squads based on favouritism and stubbornness of habit, and posted a lousy record with what most feel is a better-than-lousy squad. So what are we waiting for here? If the Hoops are relegated, which looking at the standings is now a more distinct possibility, the fans will revolt at everyone on the Club starting with TF. As for the players, they want two things: (1) To advance their own prospects in football; (2) To be a part of a winner. Ollie is not helping them advance, or the team win. What more evidence is needed that we don’t already have?
      if we do go down, the fans will turn on fernandes big time, he will be in for a major shock.

there will not be enough dofs and forever r's to hide behind.

going down would be his end game.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
        Uncle has said in the past one of his failings in business is being able to sack staff. He gets others to do it. Perhaps he feels given this is not just business, but personal too, he can't just palm it off and is finding it very difficult to deal with. I had to sack someone just before Christmas. Gave me sleepless nights leading up to it even though I had discussed it to death with my business partner and we were 100% convinced it was right thing to do for the best of the business. When it comes down to it though you have to flick that internal switch, man up and do what you have to do. The disadvantage Uncle has is he has to do everything in the public eye and the ramifications much deeper. He is judged by his decisions. When it comes down to it nobody cares what I do in my business. Might get a few staff mumbling internally but that is it. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. Would quite fancy his dosh though.
        Last edited by FurtiveFox; 31-12-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

This just may be the issue. We’ve seen it before with TF re JFH, Redknapp and Ramsey. Because TF needs to sack both a manager and a DOF, how can the latter perform the task on the former if he himself is about to be (and needs to be) axed?
          Uncle has said in the past one of his failings in business is being able to sack staff. He gets others to do it. Perhaps he feels given this is not just business, but personal too, he can't just palm it off and is finding it very difficult to deal with. I had to sack someone just before Christmas. Gave me sleepless nights leading up to it even though I had discussed it to death with my business partner and we were 100% convinced it was right thing to do for the best of the business. When it comes down to it though you have to flick that internal switch, man up and do what you have to do. The disadvantage Uncle has is he has to do everything in the public eye and the ramifications much deeper. He is judged by his decisions. When it comes down to it nobody cares what I do in my business. Might get a few staff mumbling internally but that is it. I wouldn't want to be in his shows. Would quite fancy his dosh though.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            When you have mugged self off on coach and your team has not turned up for you last thing I would be doing is drawing more attention to myself; but As said in another post he’s turned into a Diva and it always has to be about him

He wants all the eyes and attention on him and hence explains why he dresses as he is on touchline and acts like a madman waving arms beating chest, it’s because it attracts attention. We don’t have a manager currently we have an entertainer

Bet if you asked him now if he regrets giving up Sky job the answer would be yes as it gave him all the exposure he craves without the stress and pressure
            Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              One, of such high stature, should never par-take in such vulgar language and/or behaviour.

Now, jeeves, black coffee, stirred anti clockwise please.

#primandproper
              #lordsnooty
              #peasents

Spat my bleeding tea out.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

if we do go down, the fans will turn on fernandes big time, he will be in for a major shock.

This.

Said when he appointed Olly that not only was it a RIDICULOUS appointment but that in my opinion he was taking a massive gamble with the fans support.

Been speaking with loads of fans over the last 2 months and have been surprised how even the biggest fans of Uncle Tone are now turning on him.

Olly has already lost the fans and TF is trying very hard to do the same.

Comment

When you have mugged self off on coach and your team has not turned up for you last thing I would be doing is drawing more attention to myself; but As said in another post he’s turned into a Diva and it always has to be about him

He wants all the eyes and attention on him and hence explains why he dresses as he is on touchline and acts like a madman waving arms beating chest, it’s because it attracts attention. We don’t have a manager currently we have an entertainer

Bet if you asked him now if he regrets giving up Sky job the answer would be yes as it gave him all the exposure he craves without the stress and pressure

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    From a Milwall Forum

He was given the biggest budget in Millwall's history - one which dwarfed Rotherham's for instance (who stayed up) - and not only that spent a big chunk of the following season's budget in a last minute gamble to avoid the drop.

He was also paid a king's ransom.

Having guided us to the brink of relegation with one brainless and bizarre decision after another and by far the worst football I have seen in over 50 years he was then, correctly, sacked, with morale on and off the pitch at its lowest ebb in living memory. Having kept lecturing us about the wonderful morals he was taught in a council house as a kid, he then demands - and gets - a grotesque amount of money for abject failure.

Instead of saying: "Thank you for bringing me, a busted flush, back into football and giving me a chance. And I'm sorry I didn't do the job you expected of me," as any decent man with the morals he claimed to have would have done, he then demands his pound of flesh...which comes to more than we have ever spent of a single player in the club's history.

So, having ripped our budget apart for the next season he further diminishes us by ransacking us for the pleasure and honour of being relegated by him.

Finally, he insinuates it was Neil Harris' fault we were relegated.

I could tell you some pretty bizarre things about the bloke's actions when manager, but I don't betray confidences. So bizarre, i doubt if you'd believe me.

The Insane One is by far and away the worst manager we ever employed at Millwall FC. Now just read the comments on the QPR forum, Adam. It appears that his failings here was not a one off. Their comments are just about identical to ours'. Could that be because he's been unlucky for a second time running. Or, yet again, he has been found out as a one season wonder, a chancer and blowhard who really hasn't the slightest clue how to organise a football team.

Had he walked away from Millwall, held his hands up and said he came back into the game too early, I would have held nothing against the man and wished him well in the future. The fact, though, that he should demand every last penny from a club with such limited resources as Millwall was an insult to the club and every single supporter I will never either forgive or forget.
                    If you remember when he became manager there was a delay as he negotiated his contract, no doubt to ensure he got a decent pay off when the inevitable failure occurred. People slaughter JFH but he had a 12 month rolling contract to reduce any pay off. If Holloway loves the club why not agree to a similar contract.

Comment

As an employer I thought how would I deal with this situation if I had an equivalent one with a senior employee in my business?

Said senior employee has been underperforming for a while and it wasn't that long ago I'd had to pull him up for having a pop at some of our customer base publicly. The message I would be getting loud and clear would be that he was looking to be sacked or had completely lost the plot.

You cannot have employees using their official social media accounts and linking in the 'c' word. It is ridiculously bad judgement to say the least. As an employer you would have to be at the least issuing a formal written warning and trying to work out with the person how to best manage the PR fallout.

The word is offensive to most women and should not be used around children. Posting it on a public forum where you are in the public eye is just stupid beyond belief. Imagine the field day the press would have if it was Mourinho or Wenger. Embarrassing for the club.

The point is made that this is a working class sport and the word is used commonly. If I'm out having a few beers with the boys it gets used within that social circle. If we are out as a mixed group or I'm out with Mrs Fox or around kids I wouldn't use it. Simple as that. Need to have some standards. The club needs to have some standards.

He is not some teenager who has been a bit silly. He is a fifty something experienced manager. Absolutely no excuse for it. Seriously don't know what it wrong with the guy.

If I was Uncle I would ask him outright if he is looking for a way out of the job and, if so, work out the most amicable way to deal with it for both sides. If that is not the case needs a formal warning with some very strong assurances he can control himself better in the future.
                      well said.

I think he has once again been irresponsible with his actions.

And as for the post re Millwall, yes, he is doing the same at QPR, which is not far off what he was doing towards the end of his 1st spell.

I am not sure that he should be sacked for this, but he should be for the poor run of results since September.

Sept
                      W1 D3 L2

Oct
                      W2 D2 L0

Nov
                      W0 D1 L3

Dec
                      W1 D2 L3

Comment

Just like Redkrap its all about me bull #### bull ####,his saving grace former player and manager but he has more than worn that one out,go now with respect

Comment

But the end for us as a club also.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Not a great word but when northerners call u a t w a t .now that gets me mad
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                              Not a great word but when northerners call u a t w a t .now that gets me mad
                              Speaking for myself k ant or t wat I would go in two footed

Comment

Speaking for myself k ant or t wat I would go in two footed
                                Fooking t wat???

Comment

Working...
                                X