Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hove Ranger
    We played 4 at the back today
    think its more of the players in the back 4 rather than the system, we do miss hall and we do miss big ned, we kept a clean sheet against a shite sheffield utd side but as soon as we come up against a well drilled side going forward we seriously lack ned and hall imo lynch is garbage and bidwell is simply a ok left back. to move forward we need to improve our defence along with our strike force otherwise were a mid table charlie team

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
      we kept a clean sheet against a shite sheffield utd side
      2nd in the league at the time tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
        2nd in the league at the time tbf.
        Wasnt they top and Wolves were second?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Wasnt they top and Wolves were second?
          Yeah, maybe..not sure. 1 goal conceded against top 2 is pretty decent I think.

Comment

Yeah just a really bad day Saturday, every single player was bad. Hopefully thats the one and only time.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              annoying thing is though is no onr knows our best system! one week the wingbacks are excellent and the next week they're awful
              Almost always ineffective away mate. We have the advantage of a very small pitch which prevents our wing back from getting isolated and our defence getting overstretched at home.

If Ollie must insist on using this system, I just wish he'd be a bit smarter about the games it will be effective in, and those that it won't!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Almost always ineffective away mate. We have the advantage of a very small pitch which prevents our wing back from getting isolated and our defence getting overstretched at home.

If Ollie must insist on using this system, I just wish he'd be a bit smarter about the games it will be effective in, and those that it won't!
                Exactly how small is our pitch?

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                  112 by 72 yards, but different sites state different sizes.
                  Same site that shows the above dimensions, has Fulhams pitch smaller at 109 x 71
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Think it was proven when we were In Prem that our pitch is not small and baring some big surfaces like villa park it compares with most; given odd yard it’s not significantly smaller. Stands being so close make it feel tighter.

Comment

City ground is 6 yards wider than our pitch so it is considerably wider. That is enough to make a huge difference on our pressing game. I think should change formation and play wide players with fullbacks
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                        Smallest pitch in the Championship I thought. Anyone got the exact measurements?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Smallest pitch in the Championship I thought. Anyone got the exact measurements?
                          There are six clubs in the Championship with pitches smaller than us by area, including Wolves, Birmingham and Brentford - which somewhat goes to disprove this theory.

All the details for every club in each division are here: http://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/a...the-same-size/

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            There are six clubs in the Championship with pitches smaller than us by area, including Wolves, Birmingham and Brentford - which somewhat goes to disprove this theory.

All the details for every club in each division are here: http://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/a...the-same-size/
                            Fair enough........guess we are just crap away from home then!

Comment

Forest obviously done their homework on studying our play against the 2 top teams and worked out a formula to shaft us.
                              Lets hope Villa didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                                Forest obviously done their homework on studying our play against the 2 top teams and worked out a formula to shaft us.
                                Forest actually changed their tactics 10 minutes into the game, until which point we were totally dominating and had created some good chances. Seeing this, Warburton then nullified our supply from the midfield - which we, in turn, had no plan B for and they went on to dominate the rest of the game. Their first goal came completely against the run of play. Our confidence levels visibly dropped after that which was a concern as it showed lack of mental strength. They took advantage of that further by adding a second before half-time.

2nd half we came out and had a gilt-edged chance with Mackie poorly missing that close-range header. Had he scored at 2-1 the game could have turned out v differently, but instead they grabbed a third shortly after which effectively killed the game. #GoalsChangeGames

Comment

Working...
                                X