if and I mean if IH goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    I think it's simply within the expectations everyone had at the start of the season, mid table.
    Sorry what I meant was scraping say 20th, bit like last season. Mid table would be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      Yeah I agree with you
      So we are going to get worse and worse as the season goes on then ginge cos we aint really been bottom ten so far.
      Damn, we got some bad times ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        So we are going to get worse and worse as the season goes on then ginge cos we aint really been bottom ten so far.
        You jest but may not actually be wrong. Ollie relies on a high pressing game. As season goes on if squad starts tiring and we get injuries we could easily falter and it is clear enough there is no plan B. At the moment we are relying on our home form. If you look at last season that went to pot along with our away form. If we have a repeat could end up in trouble.

Hopefully we are lucky with injuries and can stay around mid table but I'm not convinced. Ollie was a strange appointment and I'm no more convinced now than I was when it was announced.

Comment

• If we play any worse than yesterday or our away record gets any worse and we win even less away then im definitley getting a chelsea kit and scarf

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post

Not sure what table you are looking at,we are currently 15th which is 10th from bottom,and this is the 3rd time this season we have been in the bottom 10. I'm not making an issue of our position but you keep saying "we haven't been in the bottom 10 yet" !?!

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Would just keeping us up with this group of players be viewed as success though or just averting disaster?
              with the manager and coaching staff we have, it will be classed as a success mate.

infact, i would hope for an open top bus parade.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Can we start planning the route then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  with the manager and coaching staff we have, it will be classed as a success mate.

infact, i would hope for an open top bus parade.
                  Sounds like a fun way to end the season. Lets just hope Uncle keeps faith with Ollie then.

Comment

• Ollie is a bang average manager who came out of semi retirement to manage us again,he lacks a football brain ,can't find his best team,plays players out of position,plays Forest Gump regularly, speaks unbelievable s h I t in aftermatch interviews in a language that's hard to understand BUT,this is a big positive,the players like him, they give 100% for him and when we win oily gives all the players a big hug,it's called bonding......he is QPR ,YES he isn't a particularly good manager and his team selections and tactics are often plain daft but I honestly can't think of any other manager out there,available, willing to work with a zero budget and probably very modest salary that could do better with the players we have here.....I hope Holloway stays.

Comment

• We are treading water until FFP is done and dusted. Just survive has got to be the motto, doesn't matter who the manager is at the moment.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Our hour currently equals Ollie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        ... I honestly can't think of any other manager out there,available, willing to work with a zero budget and probably very modest salary that could do better with the players we have here.....I hope Holloway stays.

Can't see why more people can't see that. Be careful what you wish for, I say.

Comment

• I don't share the doom and gloom on the club in general. A new manager may not be given much of a budget but we have a reasonable squad and are not a selling club. With the right manager and say a couple of good loan signings we wouldn't be far off play off potential. Other unfancied clubs have worked wonders using loan system in this division.

Advantages to Ollie are he does get players geed up and provides a degree of stability. The latter due to his connection with the club but also, to put it bluntly, because no other club in this division would likely touch him. Is high risk though. There is no plan B and his style of play requires the players to be fit and energised. If tiredness sets in and/or we start suffering injuries we could fade as per last season and, as we saw, Ollie floundered and almost took us down from a position of seemingly being safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            I honestly can't think of any other manager out there,available, willing to work with a zero budget and probably very modest salary that could do better with the players we have here.
                            Gareth Ainsworth?

Comment

• Who is actually out there and available ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                Who is actually out there and available ?
                                Not for us to know. As with any other vacancy once it becomes available names get linked etc.

I know a lot of people rate Ollie but for me we have a League 1 standard manager managing a reasonable Championship side.

Just my personal opinion though. If I'm proved wrong great.

Comment

Working...
                                X