Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
    You know what's going to happen though?

He'll be brought in as back up...someone will get injured and incomes Hill...then they won't be able to get him out of the starting line up because he was so good! That's me being optimistic and Hill's track record of proving people wrong

However, we should not have let it get to the stage where we are (possibly) signing a 37 year old on a free.
    He's 39 in 6 weeks mate!

Personally, I'd actually give him a year deal as a Player-Coach on modest money if he'd take it. Caulker looks shot, so I make us a man short in defensive positions. He probably wouldn't need to play much, more just be available if he's needed for the bench. In the meantime, he can work on obtaining his coaching badges and play a part in the backroom set-up.

It's actually a bit of a no-brainer for me. Having a guy like him around the club can only be positive.

Comment

Great news, welcome back Clint.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Some great news, Clint is always welcome, born leader, grafter and thoroughly top bloke
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
          Please let it happen!

He did a tidy job at Glas Rangers last year, so why not here? Regarding coaching badges, I thought he was out injured for a spell a couple of years ago, but still kept coming in to see how the non-playing side of the club worked, and I thought then he was doing his badges then.

What's the eligibility requirements for some one to play in the U23s, can he be a "Trialist"?
          He was a free agent when the transfer window closed, as such he is available to sign for any side and play for their first team thereafter. As I understand it, before he signs for any particular club he is able to train with any club of his choice and appear as a trialist for their reserves or U23's.
          Last edited by Tarbie; 11-09-2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Ta! So not a done deal yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Hylla and Sylla it could be thrylla..
              Will the new ted please step forward.

Comment

My only concern is that his lack of pace was starting to show before he left us and he was being found out more and more often, giving away free-kicks in dangerous places. He will probably be OK alongside Ned now and again but I would worry about anything more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  He's 39 in 6 weeks mate!

Personally, I'd actually give him a year deal as a Player-Coach on modest money if he'd take it. Caulker looks shot, so I make us a man short in defensive positions. He probably wouldn't need to play much, more just be available if he's needed for the bench. In the meantime, he can work on obtaining his coaching badges and play a part in the backroom set-up.

It's actually a bit of a no-brainer for me. Having a guy like him around the club can only be positive.
                  Oh god! Even older than I thought!

Again, the man does look after himself and is always 110% effort level. No nonsense etc we all know what he's about and without knowing about any other CBs as free agents I would take him for a year.

Watching him in under23s match now and not sure how well he'd do as LCB as you need at least a little bit of pace there...
                  My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    I can assure you that is incorrect. He has at least a UEFA B licence and by now may even have his Pro licence or at worst, is part way towards obtaining it
                    Stand corrected. He has his UEFA A licence. Therefore has earned his chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                      Oh god! Even older than I thought!

Again, the man does look after himself and is always 110% effort level. No nonsense etc we all know what he's about and without knowing about any other CBs as free agents I would take him for a year.

Watching him in under23s match now and not sure how well he'd do as LCB as you need at least a little bit of pace there...
                      Don't think he has a lot left to offer on the pitch at this level anymore mate. I still think he'd be a positive influence on the squad even if he barely plays!
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 11-09-2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Not he has a lot left to offer on the pitch at this level anymore mate. I still think he'd be a positive influence on the squad even if he barely plays!
                        this and even if he does play it'd be in a back 3 with 2 wingbacks so his lack of pace could be well covered. we lack a bit of experience and composure at the back and thats were he could be a massive help

Comment

Great influence to have around the club. Would never moan if he was on the bench or starting due to injuries either.
                          If only we could get Caulker out. The only bad apple at the entire club now.

Comment

Clint played an hour apparently. Winning 5-0
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              If only we could get Caulker out. The only bad apple at the entire club now.
                              Every Rangers fan across the globe should stop what they are doing and blast out Pigbag at full volume when they hear the news of Caulker leaving the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                Every Rangers fan across the globe should stop what they are doing and blast out Pigbag at full volume when they hear the news of Caulker leaving the building.

Comment

Working...
                                X