No announcement yet.

What the fu ck has happened to us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've been so unlucky in this window. Most of the players we were connected with moved to other clubs. What do they have that we don't?

Comment

I know that money is tight but I'm not sure why a RB, CB and a goal scoring forward have not been signed. Could they not have signed a RB on loan and perhaps a deal for Graham or Winnall?

Maybe, they did try, but it is a bit galling to watch other clubs see deals go through, not just today but throughout the window from end of May - 31st August, whilst QPR have signed Scowen, Baptiste, Lua-Lua, Smythe and Wheeler. The last 3 are wide attackers to add to Wyzsolek, Ngaboto, Mackie, Petrasso and Shodipo.

We've known since last season that certain areas needed improvement and I don't think the 5 signed do that.

In defence;

Lynch is not as good as hoped, Furlong is not good enough, at least not yet, neither is Perch. Hall is injured and Caulker way off the pace given his issues. As for Captain Onuoha, he has at least one major error in almost every game.

In attack;

Washington is not going to score many more than 10, neither does Smith look like getting much more than that. Mackie will be in single figures even if he plays a full season. Sylla looks like the best of them, but seems to score most when coming off the bench.

The midfielders are not likely to get into double figures combined.

So where are the goals going to come from? Perhaps Wheeler will surprise us.

Still, as some have said , this season is all about staying in this division so let's hope they can achieve that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        dont think there is a training ground and there is definatly no stadium. the owners are cutting losses as to make it more attractive to potential buyers.
        yeah, we had our accountancy debate towards the end of last term and that was the general opinion. Does raise a few questions though. Even if the books balance and we retain championship status, in the event of a sale TF plc is going to take a massive hit on the project; the Mittal stake will come into play; and since smaller club margins (like ours) rely heavily on media rights income, a buyer would have to have some surplus funding post purchase to get us back in the direction of the top table. From where I'm sat that makes a buy out longshot territory. Not impossible, but unlikely. If the Mittals aren't keen it is hard to imagine who would be.....
        Last edited by hal9thou; 31-08-2017, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          I know that money is tight but I'm not sure why a RB, CB and a goal scoring forward have not been signed. Could they not have signed a RB on loan and perhaps a deal for Graham or Winnall?

Maybe, they did try, but it is a bit galling to watch other clubs see deals go through, not just today but throughout the window from end of May - 31st August, whilst QPR have signed Scowen, Baptiste, Lua-Lua, Smythe and Wheeler. The last 3 are wide attackers to add to Wyzsolek, Ngaboto, Mackie, Petrasso and Shodipo.

We've known since last season that certain areas needed improvement and I don't think the 5 signed do that.

In defence;

Lynch is not as good as hoped, Furlong is not good enough, at least not yet, neither is Perch. Hall is injured and Caulker way off the pace given his issues. As for Captain Onuoha, he has at least one major error in almost every game.

In attack;

Washington is not going to score many more than 10, neither does Smith look like getting much more than that. Mackie will be in single figures even if he plays a full season. Sylla looks like the best of them, but seems to score most when coming off the bench.

The midfielders are not likely to get into double figures combined.

So where are the goals going to come from? Perhaps Wheeler will surprise us.

Still, as some have said , this season is all about staying in this division so let's hope they can achieve that.
          Exactly,staying up is the aim,I think we are better than Burton Bolton and millwall

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
            Exactly,staying up is the aim,I think we are better than Burton Bolton and millwall
            Just!

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              Just!
              So a 4th 5th or 6th from bottom place would be good,right?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                So a 4th 5th or 6th from bottom place would be good,right?
                at this stage, I am expecting about 15th-17th, but that might change to hoping for 20th if start losing regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  at this stage, I am expecting about 15th-17th, but that might change to hoping for 20th if start losing regularly.
                  Ollie will be working his "magic" soon so you won't have to wait long.

Comment

Said 17th pre-season and nothing has changed my mind at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      except for us.

even bungle tweeted "theres no point in getting promoted" two days ago.

when those sorts of comments come from the owner, is it any wonder we cannot sign a player like winnal for a couple of mil.
                      I see this story now actually involves exact quotes he didn't say
                      Comical aliesque spread of misinformation to take down the current regime

Comment

To not strengthen the defence when you look at the injuries we have seems a very strange move.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                          I see this story now actually involves exact quotes he didn't say
                          It's easy to take a tweet or quote and twist it to suit an agenda lol.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I see some (the OP being one) still haven't got their heads around where the club currently is and what we're trying to do here because of it... I'm not sure it can be said or made to be understood any clearer and some special cases still don't get it...

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              To not strengthen the defence when you look at the injuries we have seems a very strange move.
                              These are my thoughts as well 73.
                              However, when I think about it a lot of the problems are temporary hopefully. When injured players come back there is actually plenty of cover.
                              I am guessing it was all about living within our means. Having said that the Blackpool winger would seem a bit needless unless he was very cheap.

Comment

It's as clear as day now that there was never any intention of spending any money. Just kept up the pretence till 11pm last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X