No announcement yet.

Ollies working his magic.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That first post is enough shouting from the roof tops for me mate!

Comment

I think in the same way that the knockers were talking about giving Ollie ten games to see how it pans out, the same should still apply now. Its been a great start and lets hope it continues but it is very early days.
      I haven't changed my view about Ipswich still being relegation candidates for instance and they have won all four games.

Comment

I noticed Ipswich boards are the same as ours (and they have won all 4 games),they were screaming for his head at the end of last season now they also have "thank you mick" "Mick is a genius " ect type threads but still quite a few on there (Ipswich sites) telling the fans not to get carried away,it's only 4 games and the same fans fearing,despite 4 wins they will still be involved in a relagation fight,like we will be too

Comment

Fickle fans us football fans!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            I think in the same way that the knockers were talking about giving Ollie ten games to see how it pans out, the same should still apply now. Its been a great start and lets hope it continues but it is very early days.
            I haven't changed my view about Ipswich still being relegation candidates for instance and they have won all four games.
            Apparently Brentford were all over them on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Apparently Brentford were all over them on Saturday
              Had something ridiculous like 20+ shots to Ipswich's 5 !

Comment

Ipswich, Cardiff and us for the drop is my bet.

Comment

No we can't shout from the roof tops yet but we can have a shout from the back doorstep

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Exactly, Ipswich also have a very limited squad with a manager who is lucky still to be in the job,so a great start for them,which is bad news for us and Birmingham, Forest,Sheffield utd,Bolton ect because they are presently on top on our "mini league",but will Ipswich finish in the top 6,of course they won't, nor will Huddersfield finish in the top 6 in the premier league.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Yes, I think Brentford are also in a false position and will comfortably finish above Ipswich.
                      I am happy to be wrong about that though.

Comment

Yes, I think Brentford are also in a false position and will comfortably finish above Ipswich.
                        I am happy to be wrong about that though.
                        No team is in a true position after a few games,especially in the championship, with the possible exception of Man Utd , very little should be read into the first few games . By the way I agree,I wouldn't include Brentford in our "mini league" of 10 teams and think they will finish above Ipswich

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Ipswich, Cardiff and us for the drop is my bet.
                          We aint good enough to drop

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                            He does look like the Bristolian version of Pep? Lol

I think he's really good tactically when going in to a game with a game plan, but as soon as something happens that isn't in the game plan i.e. A player sent off on either team then i think he is very limited and relies on the players hard work and effort to see them through
                            Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            I understand it, I just think playing with two small guys up front against Dawson and Hector and then trying to overuse the right wing and cross it isn't the best tactic.

These are just some of the reasons why some of us have huge doubts about Ollie's tactical ability. Throw in his use of substitutes (they worked against Hull, but usually fail) and yes, he does fall short.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                              He does look like the Bristolian version of Pep? Lol

I think he's really good tactically when going in to a game with a game plan, but as soon as something happens that isn't in the game plan i.e. A player sent off on either team then i think he is very limited and relies on the players hard work and effort to see them through
                              Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              Again we have another one who seems to hate the fact ollies doing well, if you read what i put im not on about being proved right at all or i told you so`s or nothing, just asked whats everyones opinions now, read what i put instead of following on from rickyranger
                              I did read what you wrote thanks.

"I know we`re only 4 games into the new season but surely now even the biggest ollie knockers can see whats going on now?"
                              Can we see what you see? Well why not give it another 6 games and then post this? It is early days and yes, if he continues to get these type of results perhaps then we can say we were wrong to doubt him.

QPR have a few players missing as well i.e Hall and Caulker against Reading, then Sylla and Yeni for other games, but the 2 wins have both come at home against weakened teams too. As pleasing as it was to see those wins, Reading were missing their 2 most influential players and Hull have been decimated from their Premiership side, so much so, that 1 Hull fan tweeted, we were watching the U23s for free last season. The team has performed far better than expected in those and both away games, (and picked up a bonus point at Sheff W) but let's not get carried away just yet

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                Why have i lost you ricky? You was telling me how ive set myself up with this thread yet you was questioning why i believed we'd do well and telling how ill be proved wrong and wont admit it and eat humble pie! But youre telling me about setting myself up! your rant made me chickle as im not fussed if someone has a different opinion as we all have them mate, this original post wasnt getting carried away at all if you read it! I think you are mate tbh like youre one you asked me to copy n paste it for you!
                                Only because I didn't understand and still don't. Anyway bored with this whole discussion as I said time will tell and by the way stick to my original prediction we have a mid to upper table squad and a relegation manager, which will equal anything from 16 place downwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X