No announcement yet.

Baptiste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30k a week for a back up keeper. Jesus Christ what a master plan. ######## to the highly rated youngsters we've got let's just get some fossil on 5 times the wages instead. Gotta laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
      6ft6 Matty Smith would make 6ft7 Peter Crouch look small?
      Yeah lol

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        Birmingham city about the same size as us you're having more than a chuckle there buddy when was he last time you were at st Andrews ?
        What's you're point...because they've got a big ground (which they generally don't fill) that they're clearly a bigger club? Their average attendance last season was about 18k.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
          30k a week to have Boruc on the bench? Wonder how we got in this mess in the first place
          We got in this mess by paying 70k a week plus on 4/5 year contracts. 30k a week for a year or two for a goalkeeper who a) would would provide Smithies with competition in the short term and b) provide valuable experience to the likes of Lumley and Ingram is not even close to the same thing. I get that you're all bulking at 25-30k a week like that's an outrageous amount of money, but it really isn't in the Championship in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            30k a week for a back up keeper. Jesus Christ what a master plan. ######## to the highly rated youngsters we've got let's just get some fossil on 5 times the wages instead. Gotta laugh
            No, you bring in the 'fossil' for a year or so to speed up the learning process of the highly rated youngsters, so that they are ready to challenge Smithies quicker. I wouldn't necessarily call that a master plan, but thanks all the same. With all due respect to Gavin Ward, I highly doubt he's got as much knowledge to impart as someone who's been capped 64 times for Poland.

Comment

Imagine bringing in a backup gk that would likely be on more money than our starter

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                No, you bring in the 'fossil' for a year or so to speed up the learning process of the highly rated youngsters, so that they are ready to challenge Smithies quicker. I wouldn't necessarily call that a master plan, but thanks all the same. With all due respect to Gavin Ward, I highly doubt he's got as much knowledge to impart as someone who's been capped 64 times for Poland.
                but why do we even need boruc?? we have 3 quality keepers already at the club who could all do a good job for us, especially smithies. theres literally no point wasting 30k a week on someone to come in and sit on the bench when we could bring in 2-3 people for that.
                it makes 0 sense, smithies is probably only on 20k a week here max

Comment

In all seriousness though - gobsmacked that some fans still seem to think we're in a position to spend that sort of money. Especially on a backup gk.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    but why do we even need boruc?? we have 3 quality keepers already at the club who could all do a good job for us, especially smithies. theres literally no point wasting 30k a week on someone to come in and sit on the bench when we could bring in 2-3 people for that.
                    it makes 0 sense, smithies is probably only on 20k a week here max
                    Firstly, that depends entirely on whether you consider it a 'waste' or not. Secondly, anyone you bring in on 10k a week will be a waste in itself, because they would clearly be nowhere near to Smithies in terms of ability. As I said before, QPR (and clearly the majority of fans) seem to have a fascination with bringing in one good goalkeeper, a couple of young unproven goalkeepers to make up the numbers...and consider that competition for the jersey. It isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                      What's you're point...because they've got a big ground (which they generally don't fill) that they're clearly a bigger club? Their average attendance last season was about 18k.
                      Don't worry they fill it but can they recognise dross when they see it , and check out their attendances again

You're on one big chuckle here mucker
                      Last edited by dogsrrs; 08-08-2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                        In all seriousness though - gobsmacked that some fans still seem to think we're in a position to spend that sort of money. Especially on a backup gk.
                        Again, the only reason we can't afford it is because of our gross financial negligence for nearly half a decade - had we been anything close to fiscally prudent, 30k a week with the parachute payments that we received would've clearly been a viable option. It's an indictment of how the club has been run for a long time, not of my idea. Although I appreciate that there are other areas of the squad which need addressing as a matter of urgency, I honestly don't think it's as a ludicrous of a suggestion as some are making it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          Don't worry they fill it but can they recognise dross when they see it , and check out their attendances again

You're on one big chuckle here mucker
                          Not an argument. Next.

Comment

If we suddenly decided we are going to give one player £30k a week I would be seriously pissed off if it was for an old back up keeper. We have Ingram and Lumley with good lower league experience and the only way to see if they can step up is to play them.

Comment

Be interested to know if any backup gks in our league are on or near the figure you've mentioned.

Doubt the majority of starters are even on it.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
                                If we suddenly decided we are going to give one player £30k a week I would be seriously pissed off if it was for an old back up keeper. We have Ingram and Lumley with good lower league experience and the only way to see if they can step up is to play them.
                                Jesus Christ, judging by the reaction on here from some of you you would've thought I suggested that we sign Neymar.

Comment

Working...
                                X