Baptiste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
    Couldn't disgaree more. As good as Smithies is, who do we have to come in to replace him (due to injury) who's anywhere close to him? With all due respect to Joe Lumley, he isn't it.
    Ingram is more than good enough. Lumley got rave reviews out on loan last year. A club like rangers can't afford to have two first choice keepers. Think we're more than covered in that area personally

Comment

I think Ingram would be fine if called upon.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
        Ingram is more than good enough. Lumley got rave reviews out on loan last year. A club like rangers can't afford to have two first choice keepers. Think we're more than covered in that area personally
        He's played 4 games for Rangers. Absolutely no way you can make that assessment with such a small sample size.

Comment

He's played 4 games for Rangers. Absolutely no way you can make that assessment with such a small sample size.
          How can you fully judge a player whos played 4 games? honestly as i said earlier smithies had a few dodgy games at the start!
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            Make you right on this though I doubt either are at Smithies standard yet , still both are adequate back for a club at our level and size

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              How can you fully judge a player whos played 4 games? honestly as i said earlier smithies had a few dodgy games at the start!
              It isn't me saying 'he's more than good enough'. I'm saying that he isn't ready to compete with Smithies for the place yet - which he isn't.

On the point of Rangers 'not being a big enough club to have two 1st choice goalkeeping options'. Birmingham City about the same size as us. Their goalkeepers - Kuszczak and Stockdale. Both 1st choice Championship goalkeepers.
              Last edited by surrey_hoop; 08-08-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Maybe we can find a couple of 36 year old international goalies for our bench. Don´t think we´ve ever tried that. Can probably get them at a bargain too.
                https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                  Maybe we can find a couple of 36 year old international goalies for our bench. Don´t think we´ve ever tried that. Can probably get them at a bargain too.
                  I'm certain you're being sarcastic, yet I'm struggling to think of why that's a bad idea on the right money. Someone like Boruc at Bournemouth (who's on about 30k a week, so not big money) would be perfect for us for a season or two.

Comment

I'm certain you're being sarcastic, yet I'm struggling to think of why that's a bad idea on the right money. Someone like Boruc at Bournemouth (who's on about 30k a week, so not big money) would be perfect for us for a season or two.
                    30k a week is well out of our league

Comment

£30k a week. No way would we be paying anything like this under the new regime.
                      Not a lot for the Prem I agree but other than Ned and Caulker I doubt anyone is on anything like that at ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                        30k a week is well out of our league
                        It's only 'well out of our league' because we spent 4 years giving out 70k to anyone who'd ever won the Champions League. 25-30k a week even by Championship standards is about the going rate these days, and far from big money.

Comment

Ingram is at least 3-4 years away from being good enough to challenge Smithies.

Rangers as a club have always had this mentality of signing a good 1st choice keeper, and then making up the numbers. All I'm suggesting is that we bring in a decent keeper with a bit of experience to challenge for the jersey, or at the very least represent a decent option off the bench. Again, would you trust Ingram or Lumley at this level if (god forbid) Smithies was seriously injured and out for a number of months? I wouldn't.
                          At the end of the 15/16 season there was a poll on here about first choice goalie. From memory it was very close and I remember some blinders from Ingram.

3-4 years away? You're having a giraffe!

Comment

It isn't me saying 'he's more than good enough'. I'm saying that he isn't ready to compete with Smithies for the place yet - which he isn't.

On the point of Rangers 'not being a big enough club to have two 1st choice goalkeeping options'. Birmingham City about the same size as us. Their goalkeepers - Kuszczak and Stockdale. Both 1st choice Championship goalkeepers.
                            Birmingham city about the same size as us you're having more than a chuckle there buddy when was he last time you were at st Andrews ?

Comment

It's only 'well out of our league' because we spent 4 years giving out 70k to anyone who'd ever won the Champions League. 25-30k a week even by Championship standards is about the going rate these days, and far from big money.
                              You're about 3-4 years behind if you think we're sticking 30k a week towards a reserve gk

Comment

30k a week to have Boruc on the bench? Wonder how we got in this mess in the first place
                                https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Working...
                                X