Baptiste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
    I like the fact Holloway said he's a big character because that's a department we are short in.

Also he can play in a few positions I think it's a decent signing
    Tbh, I'd never taken notice of him before, but it sounds like he is an organiser at the back and comfortable on the ball as well as a good communicator. I'd say he could be appointed captain in a few weeks time.

Overall not a bad signing at all and he could prove to be as useful as Clint Hill was.

Comment

Solid signing. At 31 he isn't old by any means, but still has plenty of experience at this level. We need a little savvy in this squad, especially at the back, and on a free I see nothing to really dislike about this deal. We will still need to spend a few bob before the end of August on an attacking midfielder and a goalkeeper IMO.

Comment

I actually think he's pretty pony the times I've seen him play, can't really complain if he's come in for back up with the lack of funds though. Knows Ollie which is a plus and obviously likes playing for him. Taken Karlos Henrys shirt got a lot to live up to

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
          Solid signing. At 31 he isn't old by any means, but still has plenty of experience at this level. We need a little savvy in this squad, especially at the back, and on a free I see nothing to really dislike about this deal. We will still need to spend a few bob before the end of August on an attacking midfielder and a goalkeeper IMO.
          Goalkeeper? Would have thought goalkeeper is the least of our worries

Comment

I'm with Fordy he's not a player when I have seen him who I have thought was particularly good but overall view on thread is positive and that it's an astute purchase so hopefully

I read we need keeper!!!! Probably last position which needs attention

Comment

He must have something about him, he's played in promotion teams, decent club like boro and ex managers like Grayson and Holloway like him so much they want to resign him

Comment

Dont he look small ? Or is that a trick of the eye.

Comment

To be fair he's up against 6ft 6 matty smith lol he'd make peter crouch look small

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                    To be fair he's up against 6ft 6 matty smith lol he'd make peter crouch look small
                    6ft6 Matty Smith would make 6ft7 Peter Crouch look small?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Remember this one?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Ill tell yer what cant believe that bowling green surface we train on yet need a new training ground, would love to play on a surface like that let alone just for training on, superb pitch.
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                          Goalkeeper? Would have thought goalkeeper is the least of our worries
                          Couldn't disgaree more. As good as Smithies is, who do we have to come in to replace him (due to injury) who's anywhere close to him? With all due respect to Joe Lumley, he isn't it.

Comment

Couldn't disgaree more. As good as Smithies is, who do we have to come in to replace him (due to injury) who's anywhere close to him? With all due respect to Joe Lumley, he isn't it.
                            Ingram been sold?

Why would anyone close to Smithies come to sit on our bench...

Comment

Ingram would be good enough given game time, seem to recall smithies first couple of games where he looked awful or made a few poor mistakes, its all about confidence, for me we`re sound in goalkeepers and even in midfield, get shodipo back from his injury and a new striker and we`ll be bout done in my opinion.
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                                Ingram been sold?

Why would anyone close to Smithies come to sit on our bench...
                                Ingram is at least 3-4 years away from being good enough to challenge Smithies.

Rangers as a club have always had this mentality of signing a good 1st choice keeper, and then making up the numbers. All I'm suggesting is that we bring in a decent keeper with a bit of experience to challenge for the jersey, or at the very least represent a decent option off the bench. Again, would you trust Ingram or Lumley at this level if (god forbid) Smithies was seriously injured and out for a number of months? I wouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X