Sack the board chants!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Cant see what isn't true. It's a matter of opinion thereafter though.
    Quarter of a million pound debt.
    Enlighten me please. Im ready to be taught.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Quarter of a million pound debt.
      Enlighten me please. Im ready to be taught.
      I'm not here to enlighten you; only expresss my opinions.

TOP 10 CLUBS BY DEBT, JANUARY 2017

1. Manchester United - €536m

2. Benfica - €336m

3. Inter - €306m

4. Valencia - €285m

5. QPR - €279m

6. AC Milan - €249m

7. CSKA Moscow - €224m

8. Galatasaray - €222m

9. Juventus - €209m

10. Roma - €208m

Comment

Originally posted by QueensParkPurgatory View Post
        I think we're in the middle of a gruelling transitional period. Finances are being dealt with far more pragmatically than in recent years. I think money is going to be invested moreso into the training ground and the stadium. These two elements are vital to the future, if the stadium is built and the training ground is developed in the right fashion, the club becomes instantly more attractive to other owners. If the club are trying to emulate the Bournemouth/Burnley model, it'll take time. So I'd keep a level head for the first fifteen games - by which Holloway will probably be gone.
        Your moniker is very apt and resonates with your post. I agree with the first two sentences. The rest remains speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
          this is so ridiculous!

As far as i can see - we went up under this board and the fans cried out for champions league players etc etc In came the likes of Boswinga , Julio cesaer , loic remy, Samba , Mbia all those types of players - This is want you wanted - Unsustainable!

No wait ! we want our Rangers back - you all cry! ok so we are back in the second tier of league trying to find golden nuggets to move us forward but ultimately be able to sell to keep us afloat.

As for managers - warnock should never have gone - but many on here thought he was out of his depth in the premiership
          Hughes - great signing everyone said! well there was the start and he should be shouldering a lot of the responsibility of where we are now.
          Ramsey- i'll gives you that one! Baffling!
          Hasslebank - on paper a good appointment but no one would have known he would turn out like he did.
          Holloway - a victim of the wasn't it good in the old days we want our ranger back theme.

no one is saying the board hasn't made mistakes and they are trying to go about putting them right. but it seems that some fans are so far out of love with the club that even signing messi would be seen as signing some old argentinian at the end of his career looking for one last pay check.

yes the last couple of seasons haven't been the best but the club is trying. And the support last year was the worst i have seen it in 40 years - even i couldn't be bothered and as someone how has flown from the other side of the world to get to a game and been a season ticket holder for 30 years - thats saying something!

Lets wait for the season to start before the sack the board threads start!
          ...and according to Dave McIntyre the board went after Gary Rowett but settled for Holloway when Rowett turned us down (shortly before Brum sacked him!)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            I'm not looking for bites on this thread.

This is a genuine question...............................

With 6 years in charge at qpr. promises of training grounds and 40k stadiums and being an established premier league club.

All we have to show for ourselves now is a quarter of a billion of debt,

football league threatening to fine us or bring in a transfer embargo,

club is being run by a dof novice,

forced to swallow dross and rotball and pay one of the highest tict prices in the league for that privilage.

appointing sky pundits, pe teachers and novices as managers.

And now we enter a new era of yearly relegation battles from the championship.

i'm not disputing the fact that uncle is a nice man but is he a capable chairman?

my question now is what will it take for you guys on here and at hq for these chants to start.

abuse this thread if you wish. like i said, its a serious question that i would like to hear your views on.
            Training ground met with legal action from local people - stadium also having trouble acquiring a large plot of land in West London which I'm sure anyone would have trouble doing if they want to keep us West London.

We have basically wasted £250m which is absolutely disgraceful. Could have signed Messi for half of that. Don't think it's classed as debt though.

FFP regulations are a joke as we all know, and thankfully the club are fighting against them.

Agree Les is a novice, but he has brought in the likes of Smithies Luongo Freeman who can all be sold for profit, just like Chery and Polter so he is getting better

Totally agree that the ticket price does not reflect the football we watch. Saw glimpses of very good football last year but nowhere near to justify the money we pay

Also appointed experienced managers with premier league pedigree who were the ones that spent the £250m and were where the problems began

Some of my fondest (and most stressful) memories of QPR are relegation battles eg. Kiwomya hatrick against palace i think? QPR used to be a club where the fans and players would rally together no matter what. Things have changed at this club

Is TF a capable Chairman? No, I don't think so. But he's done well in appointing Lee Hoos.

It would take us being in the bottom 3 just before Christmas with absolute sh*te football being served up for me to finally have enough of TF, LF, IH etc
            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Football is broken, and dirty to the core. Clubs are always been forced to live outside their means and QPR did just that at the beginning of TF's reign. Now we seems to be being run like a business again while at the same time with ambition to stop the rot long term. In my time of supporting QPR we nearly went out of business 2-3 times. Our best days have coming from buying lower level players and selling them for profit.

If we are to expand/get a new stadium this could secure QPR for the long term, but in my opinion there are better clubs financially in League One than us !! Yes accept it the club has a great following and anyone who shared the day at Wembley will know that... but out ground is poor and when we get a big club come to loftus road our only choice is to fleece the few because we know we won't get more than 18500 people through the door. Our hospitality facilities are the worse I have been in(been in a few).... I am talking the rooms not the service etc.

Lets look at the League one...

Blackburn 30K Ground
              MK Dons (Great ground and facilities/shame they got no fans).
              Charlton 28K Ground
              Wigan 25K ground
              Bradford 25K (7000 more seats than us)
              Portsmouth 21K ground

The club needs and must regenerate from the bottom up, and while this is happening we have to work with the Financial unfair Process...

I will take top 10 this season all day long.

Comment

Some great posts on here found myself agreeing to a lot of points raised in both sides of the debate. I do think we have to be careful what we wish for though, at least with Tony his intentions are in the right place, he owns up to his mistakes and has been willing to pay heavily financially speaking. He also seems to be getting a few things very right, the appointment of Hoos especially.

I think QPR have been the scapegoat of FFP and totally demonized, yes the club did manage to mess up in a big way, yet other clubs seem to have got a free pass on the matter, Premier League winners Leicester being a prime example who broke rules to get promoted and along with 'doing it the right way' Bournemouth who were also in breach. It's still going on in the Championship year on year Wolves splashing out 20 mill on one player!!! You then have the Premier league teams who manage to do a bit of 'creative accounting' to get over such problems, think we all know City rarely fill their ground, but the accounts say different. We were also unlucky we got to the promised land of the Premier League, just a touch early, with the increased revenue given to these clubs I can only see the gap widening and eventually due to financial rewards including parachute payments the same clubs going up almost exclusively being made up from the ones who went down.

I think Tony has been too easily influenced by the demands of some vocal fans at times when a bit of stability might have been the answer. I hate seeing a massive influx of players each season, however understand that does seem to be part of the modern game, and a change of manager just seems inevitable at some point each season. I think there are a great number of positives going forward that have been mentioned on this thread, and would be seriously concerned what a new owner and board would do and if you see the state of some clubs they are in a far worse position.

So the answer is ............ I really don't know!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  I'm not here to enlighten you; only expresss my opinions.

TOP 10 CLUBS BY DEBT, JANUARY 2017

1. Manchester United - €536m

2. Benfica - €336m

3. Inter - €306m

4. Valencia - €285m

5. QPR - €279m

6. AC Milan - €249m

7. CSKA Moscow - €224m

8. Galatasaray - €222m

9. Juventus - €209m

10. Roma - €208m
                  Oh right. Well that means we are actually bankrupt and will fold. No club of our size can cope with debt like that.
                  Dont need to sack the board, there is no club.
                  RiP QPR

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Some great posts on here found myself agreeing to a lot of points raised in both sides of the debate. I do think we have to be careful what we wish for though, at least with Tony his intentions are in the right place, he owns up to his mistakes and has been willing to pay heavily financially speaking. He also seems to be getting a few things very right, the appointment of Hoos especially.

I think QPR have been the scapegoat of FFP and totally demonized, yes the club did manage to mess up in a big way, yet other clubs seem to have got a free pass on the matter, Premier League winners Leicester being a prime example who broke rules to get promoted and along with 'doing it the right way' Bournemouth who were also in breach. It's still going on in the Championship year on year Wolves splashing out 20 mill on one player!!! You then have the Premier league teams who manage to do a bit of 'creative accounting' to get over such problems, think we all know City rarely fill their ground, but the accounts say different. We were also unlucky we got to the promised land of the Premier League, just a touch early, with the increased revenue given to these clubs I can only see the gap widening and eventually due to financial rewards including parachute payments the same clubs going up almost exclusively being made up from the ones who went down.

I think Tony has been too easily influenced by the demands of some vocal fans at times when a bit of stability might have been the answer. I hate seeing a massive influx of players each season, however understand that does seem to be part of the modern game, and a change of manager just seems inevitable at some point each season. I think there are a great number of positives going forward that have been mentioned on this thread, and would be seriously concerned what a new owner and board would do and if you see the state of some clubs they are in a far worse position.

So the answer is ............ I really don't know!
                    Agreed. Some excellent posts on here. Yours included.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                      this is so ridiculous!

As far as i can see - we went up under this board and the fans cried out for champions league players etc etc In came the likes of Boswinga , Julio cesaer , loic remy, Samba , Mbia all those types of players - This is want you wanted - Unsustainable!

No wait ! we want our Rangers back - you all cry! ok so we are back in the second tier of league trying to find golden nuggets to move us forward but ultimately be able to sell to keep us afloat.

As for managers - warnock should never have gone - but many on here thought he was out of his depth in the premiership
                      Hughes - great signing everyone said! well there was the start and he should be shouldering a lot of the responsibility of where we are now.
                      Ramsey- i'll gives you that one! Baffling!
                      Hasslebank - on paper a good appointment but no one would have known he would turn out like he did.
                      Holloway - a victim of the wasn't it good in the old days we want our ranger back theme.

no one is saying the board hasn't made mistakes and they are trying to go about putting them right. but it seems that some fans are so far out of love with the club that even signing messi would be seen as signing some old argentinian at the end of his career looking for one last pay check.

yes the last couple of seasons haven't been the best but the club is trying. And the support last year was the worst i have seen it in 40 years - even i couldn't be bothered and as someone how has flown from the other side of the world to get to a game and been a season ticket holder for 30 years - thats saying something!

Lets wait for the season to start before the sack the board threads start!
                      This is a great post!!!!

Comment

Like others imply, we defintly are the most hated club in England. Just a pity that we so easy attack each other as fans. However, I find the debate on this actual tread quite sound. When all is said an done, we do definetly not need punished harder than other Clubs when it comes overspending.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          Like others imply, we defintly are the most hated club in England. Just a pity that we so easy attack each other as fans. However, I find the debate on this actual tread quite sound. When all is said an done, we do definetly not need punished harder than other Clubs when it comes overspending.
                          I am sure there are clubs which are more hated. It depends on the club and who supports them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Oh right. Well that means we are actually bankrupt and will fold. No club of our size can cope with debt like that.
                            Dont need to sack the board, there is no club.
                            RiP QPR
                            Rebel and the like are positively frothing right now.
                            It's all over. Club's gone. Might as well pack up and go home now.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

What?
                              We are nowhere close to being the most hated club in England.
                              People have gone off us admittedly but not the most hated.

Comment

Ha ha good one. We won't even get a second thought from most fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X