QPR sign Scowen....Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Well happy, just the sort of player we need.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Two out and one in over the last few days. Good to see things moving.

I noticed on Facebook the announcement included 'on the first day of the summer transfer window' - that can't be right, as the window opened back in early June.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
          Well happy, just the sort of player we need.
          What would you list as his strengths and weaknesses?

Comment

I like what I heard in his interview, big tackling rat who can pass.

Comment

Good signing on the face of it. Don't know much about him so will wait to I see him in action before getting overly excited

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                I like what I heard in his interview, big tackling rat who can pass.
                Haha glad you got value for money with your Barnsley season ticket. Like west said let's wait and see
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Haha glad you got value for money with your Barnsley season ticket. Like west said let's wait and see
                  i'm glad your glad.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                    Two out and one in over the last few days. Good to see things moving.

I noticed on Facebook the announcement included 'on the first day of the summer transfer window' - that can't be right, as the window opened back in early June.
                    ha, media team dig at Twitter fans?

Comment

Well done, QPR!
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        1st of July has he signed yet !! Well I'm prepared to give Les untill 9 o'clock and if ain't happend then Les and Hoos have to go
                        Phew

You had Les sweating there

Comment

What Wycombe boss and QPR legend has said about former charge Josh Scowen...

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...egend-13267303

“He can play any midfield roles though, that’s the beauty of Josh. He understands the game really well and is at the heart of everything, attacking and defending. He will get goals too Josh, he’s that sort of character who pops up anywhere. He will put in a tackle, win a header and he’ll get a goal for you.”

Comment

Dont know much about him but seems to be exactly the type of player we were crying out for last season. Well done the club to get it over the line. Just a few more needed now.

Comment

Nice interview with the little rat.

https://www.qpr.co.uk

Comment

Miss being a statto so here's some comparison stuff:

2.5 successful tackles per game, more than all players in midfield except Luongo and Freeman (Ie more than Cousins, Manning, Borysuik, Hall and Henry)
                                1.7 interceptions per game, same as above
                                He's been fouled 2.6 times per game, more than any of our midfielders but he also commits more fouls than any of our midfielders (1.8 per game)
                                1.7 clearances per game, more than all midfielders except Luongo
                                0.8 passes blocked per game, only manning and hall of the midfielders have done fewer than that
                                Only Luke Freeman (2) takes more shots per game than Scowen (1.5)
                                1 successful dribble per game, only freeman (2.9) and Luongo (2.2) have dribbled more in midfield per game
                                2.1 possession losses per game, a better number than all but Henry, Hall and Borysuik in midfield
                                1.7 aerial duels won per game, better than all but Hall and Luongo in our side.
                                Only Luongo (32.8) and Cousins (32.8) play more accurate short passes than Scowen (26.8) but only Luongo plays more inaccurate short passes

Those I'd say are the key stats with this guy, he scored 2 goals and got 4 assists from that deep midfield role this season too. Fingers crossed it works out for him.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X