Grenfell Tower Fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    I visited yestetday laid flowers and paid my respects. Tv does not do the scene justice it's only when you see the building with your own eyes and see the missing pictures that you can really take on board what has happened. I'm not an emotional person but seeing a burnt out tower with a back drop of a beautiful blue sky in summer but knowing the anguish people went through in there brought lump to my throat

We have some nasty QPR fans on twitter showing no respect and trying to use it for political gain S CUM
    Staggering mate, isn't it?

Comment

Nice words west and good sign of respect. Devastating
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        So, for just an extra 5k out of the £8.6 million Grenfell refurbishment, they could have had fireproof cladding for the building, but they rejected it to put savings before safety....and the cheap version that WAS used is BANNED in America. Repeated calls by fire services and coroners for retrofitting sprinklers to high-rises were ignored too. Absolutely sickening.
        And Kensington and Chelsea have £270M in the bank and handed back £30M to community charge payers in the richest borough in the UK last year. Immoral.

Comment

whats really ticked me off over all of this is how the government has handled it. the public has gone above and beyond in helping the people of grenfell tower, we've even heard individual stories on this very same topic of people using their work vans to help yet the government, with all their money, the 5th-6th largest economy in the world has so far done very little! theresa may turned up the other day JUST for publicity and was off after a quick 'sym(pathetic)' photo shoot with firefighters and the building. utterly disgraceful, theres so much that the government should have done but if anything they've just rubbed their hands together at the public stepping up to help and have clearly hoped to do as minimal as possible to step up!! there are TONNES of large hotels just minutes away from grenfell tower that the government should have immediatly hired out to house the victims of the fire but instead quite a lot of people have had to lodge with family, community centers or even with complete strangers!! utterly utterly shameful!! theres still families out there who STILL have no idea if their family member is one of those in hospital or one of the dead, very little has been done to provide any support or advice to people and its truly disgusted me.

you could bet your left nut that if this happened to a towerblock full of politicians the government would have pulled out all the stops to show solidarity and sympathy to them but because the people of grenfell are on the "bottom" of the social ladder they've been overlooked.
          i drive past grenfell a few times a week and everytime i see it it just breaks my heart. i dont blame the government (although the council are partly to blame) for the fire but i 100% hold those repulsive abhorent pigs responsible for what they've done in the aftermath. man i wish swearing wasn't censored on this site as i don't think the government deserve anything better than cussing right now!!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
            whats really ticked me off over all of this is how the government has handled it. the public has gone above and beyond in helping the people of grenfell tower, we've even heard individual stories on this very same topic of people using their work vans to help yet the government, with all their money, the 5th-6th largest economy in the world has so far done very little! theresa may turned up the other day JUST for publicity and was off after a quick 'sym(pathetic)' photo shoot with firefighters and the building. utterly disgraceful, theres so much that the government should have done but if anything they've just rubbed their hands together at the public stepping up to help and have clearly hoped to do as minimal as possible to step up!! there are TONNES of large hotels just minutes away from grenfell tower that the government should have immediatly hired out to house the victims of the fire but instead quite a lot of people have had to lodge with family, community centers or even with complete strangers!! utterly utterly shameful!! theres still families out there who STILL have no idea if their family member is one of those in hospital or one of the dead, very little has been done to provide any support or advice to people and its truly disgusted me.

you could bet your left nut that if this happened to a towerblock full of politicians the government would have pulled out all the stops to show solidarity and sympathy to them but because the people of grenfell are on the "bottom" of the social ladder they've been overlooked.
            i drive past grenfell a few times a week and everytime i see it it just breaks my heart. i dont blame the government (although the council are partly to blame) for the fire but i 100% hold those repulsive abhorent pigs responsible for what they've done in the aftermath. man i wish swearing wasn't censored on this site as i don't think the government deserve anything better than cussing right now!!
            Well I absolutely DO blame the council for the fire. They are 100% responsible for this appalling tragedy. It was they who clad a 24 storey tower block with combustible cladding which is banned in many other countries - and possibly banned in the U.K. too according to Hammond. Let's not forget the cladding was just to prevent the tower block being an eyesore to the well-heeled residents - they could've spent a fraction of the cost to put in adequate fire safety equipment like a sprinkler system FFS!!!!!! Nicholas Paget-Brown's contempt for the those affected is there for all to see. He's been anonymous... the council's offices didn't even open at the weekend. It's a disgusting outrage. Nothing less. I hope he and his Tory cronies all get banged up for corporate manslaughter - don't hold your breath though. The ROYAL BOROUGH OF KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA - fûck the lot of them. C.unts.

Comment

Absolutely spot on mate.

There was a huge silent procession along Ladbroke Grove yesterday, several of my friends were on it - incredibly moving. The point is to launch the Justice4Grenfell campaign and to keep this in the public eye, because you just know the powers that be want us all to move on from this and forget about it.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3568456.html

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                I visited yestetday laid flowers and paid my respects. Tv does not do the scene justice it's only when you see the building with your own eyes and see the missing pictures that you can really take on board what has happened. I'm not an emotional person but seeing a burnt out tower with a back drop of a beautiful blue sky in summer but knowing the anguish people went through in there brought lump to my throat

We have some nasty QPR fans on twitter showing no respect and trying to use it for political gain S CUM
                I know exactly what you mean, went past on Saturday on route to Wembley and have to say i got really choked up. Seeing it, really put into perspective the reality of what has happened and all those poor poor people who were affected by it. As for some fans you are correct with you're description, some beggar belief, whatever your persuasion and beliefs there is a time and a place and as for the ones making jokes about it.......absolutely disgraceful and i will not be posting with one individual anymore on this site.

Comment

The utter scumbaggery of the council just goes on and on:

"Two women feared dead in the Grenfell Tower blaze were allegedly threatened with legal action after raising fears over fire safety.

Mariem Elgwahry, 27, and mother-of-three Nadia Choucair, 33, were reportedly sent letters ordering them to stop a campaign for improved safety.

The two women were battling with Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation (KCTMO) to get building improvements, according to The Mirror.

They are believed to have set up a petition and protested outside the TMO’s management offices, and were helped by the Radical Housing Network.

Pilgrim Tucker, who works for the group, told the paper: “The TMO’s response was to threaten tenants with legal action and send out letters. Nadia and Mariem would have received them too."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3567636.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    I know exactly what you mean, went past on Saturday on route to Wembley and have to say i got really choked up. Seeing it, really put into perspective the reality of what has happened and all those poor poor people who were affected by it. As for some fans you are correct with you're description, some beggar belief, whatever your persuasion and beliefs there is a time and a place and as for the ones making jokes about it.......absolutely disgraceful and i will not be posting with one individual anymore on this site.
                    He won't be posting any more either mate, rest assured.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      I must've missed that, has someone on here made a joke about it??
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        He won't be posting any more either mate, rest assured.
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          I must've missed that, has someone on here made a joke about it??
                          ye ... what happened?!

Comment

Seems some people almost enjoying this and the Finsbury attack as mostly affected what they see as foreigners. Just don't understand that mentality. People are people.

And in terms of Finsbury that is exactly what IS wants, for things to escalate. If it does what we have seen so far won't even be tip of the iceberg.

Something very wrong with parts of our society.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                              Seems some people almost enjoying this and the Finsbury attack as mostly affected what they see as foreigners. Just don't understand that mentality. People are people.

And in terms of Finsbury that is exactly what IS wants, for things to escalate. If it does what we have seen so far won't even be tip of the iceberg.

Something very wrong with parts of our society.

Completely agree
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                The utter scumbaggery of the council just goes on and on:

"Two women feared dead in the Grenfell Tower blaze were allegedly threatened with legal action after raising fears over fire safety.

Mariem Elgwahry, 27, and mother-of-three Nadia Choucair, 33, were reportedly sent letters ordering them to stop a campaign for improved safety.

The two women were battling with Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation (KCTMO) to get building improvements, according to The Mirror.

They are believed to have set up a petition and protested outside the TMO’s management offices, and were helped by the Radical Housing Network.

Pilgrim Tucker, who works for the group, told the paper: “The TMO’s response was to threaten tenants with legal action and send out letters. Nadia and Mariem would have received them too."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3567636.html

This bloody fire has been a real nuisance for some though. It ruined Rock Fielding-Mellen's weekend:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3568101.html

Y.O.U. C.O.M.P.L.E.T.E. C.U.N.T

Comment

Working...
                                X