Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we really seriously in debt or hard up with poor owners??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    We`ll probably let smithies go for about 3-4 million knowing how savvy we are at selling our prize assets!
    They ain't getting him for that. Best keeper outside of the Prem and on a long contract. Unless he has a release clause that we don't know about then his market rate has to be more like 8-10m in my opinion. Worse players have been sold for more too!

Comment

It's damage limitation on behalf of the owners really, Fernandes was sold down the river by agents and managers with transfers but equally liable for not doing his own diligence. The club need to be careful not to go into further debt, and while promotion would alleviate that - the spending required isn't viable and the club isn't currently attractive to any potential buyers. It can't be emphasised how important the stadium is, if that's built it's a different ballgame. Fernandes has probably gone for the sentimental options in Ferdinand and Holloway not for their football savvy but for their passion for the club which gives him security.

It won't be the best summer in all likelihood lads, Smithes will have to go as part of the 'sell to buy' policy being incorporated. If Ingram's as good as some of this lot make out it shouldn't be too big a loss. Bowler will go with a sell on clause, it's all pragmatic thinking on the board's part as much as we all hate it. And to be completely honest, I don't think the board trust Ian Holloway with a strong budget (and can you blame them!) either as rightly pointed out earlier. He'll be the fall guy - the fact the club wanted Rowett first is indicative of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        They ain't getting him for that. Best keeper outside of the Prem and on a long contract. Unless he has a release clause that we don't know about then his market rate has to be more like 8-10m in my opinion. Worse players have been sold for more too!
        Can't see us getting anywhere near £8m for Smithies. Most I would bet is £5m.

Comment

Personally feel and always have done, that if FFP was cleared and no embargo was provided then QPR / The board would splash the cash on what was required to get up and back to the Prem.

Comment

Not a chance in hell that we will be able to get close to 10 mil for him.

more realistic figure would be 5 or 6 tops.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
              Personally feel and always have done, that if FFP was cleared and no embargo was provided then QPR / The board would splash the cash on what was required to get up and back to the Prem.
              Same as that . Hope we are right mate.

Comment

Can't see it happening Buddie they've had their fingers well and truly burnt by throwing money at TFs dreams and will carry on with this stringent plan untill they see a new stadium under way , how sure are we that they still hold that plan ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Same as that . Hope we are right mate.
                  You never quite know, but one thing is for sure we need some huge / miracle luck in the youth / next transfer spending basic amounts to do a Southampton IMO

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
                  Can't see it happening Buddie they've had their fingers well and truly burnt by throwing money at TFs dreams and will carry on with this stringent plan untill they see a new stadium under way , how sure are we that they still hold that plan ?
                  Who knows; to be fair you dont always need to spend big in that league. We did it without and others have done since too. Its about 1 manager, a team of players who fit and want to work and play well together.

Comment

You never quite know, but one thing is for sure we need some huge / miracle luck in the youth / next transfer spending basic amounts to do a Southampton IMO

Who knows; to be fair you dont always need to spend big in that league. We did it without and others have done since too. Its about 1 manager, a team of players who fit and want to work and play well together.
                    This is very true. So many examples of teams getting out of this league without spending huge sums. Huddersfield have done it this year with a Championship squad, a number of smart loans, and a manager than knows how to win ugly.

My concern is that we really don't have the right combination at the club right now. Although I'd love to be proven wrong on that!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      Not a chance in hell that we will be able to get close to 10 mil for him.

more realistic figure would be 5 or 6 tops.
                      Haven't Bournemouth just dropped 10m quid on Begovic? He's 30 years old and has barely put on a pair of gloves for 2 years.

3 years younger, English and coming off the back of a great season. Personally, I'd take Smithies over Begovic at the same price, let alone a couple million quid cheaper!

Comment

This is very true. So many examples of teams getting out of this league without spending huge sums. Huddersfield have done it this year with a Championship squad, a number of smart loans, and a manager than knows how to win ugly.

My concern is that we really don't have the right combination at the club right now. Although I'd love to be proven wrong on that!
                        We could forever be saying that.

Current crop not ideal, needs work and Ian could be able to do it if given time.

Comment

Haven't Bournemouth just dropped 10m quid on Begovic? He's 30 years old and has barely put on a pair of gloves for 2 years.

3 years younger, English and coming off the back of a great season. Personally, I'd take Smithies over Begovic at the same price, let alone a couple million quid cheaper!
                          You mentioned that Smithies is English. How many Premier clubs have an English keeper? Very, very few. And with Huddersfield being managed by a German coach, I do wonder if they actually sign a foreign keeper. We were very angry when McCarthy was sold to Cystal Palace. How many games did he played for them before being replaced? Smithies have no expirience of the Premier and although I am sure he is a good keeper, he may struggle in a team that is already been made favourites for relegation!

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                            You mentioned that Smithies is English. How many Premier clubs have an English keeper? Very, very few. And with Huddersfield being managed by a German coach, I do wonder if they actually sign a foreign keeper. We were very angry when McCarthy was sold to Cystal Palace. How many games did he played for them before being replaced? Smithies have no expirience of the Premier and although I am sure he is a good keeper, he may struggle in a team that is already been made favourites for relegation!
                            I wasn't. Thought he was utter pants for us and wasn't surprised one bit when he flopped!

Comment

I agree with tarbs and qpr4life but if we keep getting rid of our best players itll always be very difficult in my opinion, there comes a time you need to hold onto them for abit atleast until a readymade replacement is waiting otherwise we`ll pay for it eventually cos we arent a southampton!
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Yeah but we have a bunch of muppets who always seem to takew really low offers on our best players so i bet any money we wont get no more than 4 million for smithies if we`re lucky!
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X