No announcement yet.

If you're going to sack a manager...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't know why a club of our current size needs a director of football or anyone doing Les's job. At a club of our size the manager can do Les's job, it's what's always worked for us in the past - why do we need to over complicate it and copy what Southampton have done. We're nothing like Southampton, they had the foundations in place before they started to do what they did - they had a brand new 30k stadium for one.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      At a club of our size the manager can do Les's job, it's what's always worked for us in the past.
      While I'm not advocating Les' role, I would say managers like Hughes and Redknapp are exactly why Fernandes got someone else involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        While I'm not advocating Les' role, I would say managers like Hughes and Redknapp are exactly why Fernandes got someone else involved.
        IMO managers like this suit us. My questions would be, what other clubs our size have a DOF? We aren't a european superclub.

What we needed with gaffers like HR and MH was someone like Lees Hoos, who'd make sure money was spent sensibly.

Comment

Cant wait to see how Harry does next season.
          Be really embarrasing and annoying if he takes them up after we hounded him out like he was some sort of predator .

Comment

IMO managers like this suit us. My questions would be, what other clubs our size have a DOF? We aren't a european superclub.

What we needed with gaffers like HR and MH was someone like Lees Hoos, who'd make sure money was spent sensibly.
            If they couldn't do the job with huge resources, why do you think they could do it with very little?
            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

looks like the owners and dof les are sticking with holloway then.

No matter what, he must stay the whole season.

absolutly pointless sacking him if/when we are bottom 3 in october.

you made your bed uncle bungle, now its time you lay in it.

wishing my team all the luck for the new season, we are going to need it.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                If they couldn't do the job with huge resources, why do you think they could do it with very little?
                They could do the job though couldn't they?

HR got us promoted and MH kept us up - Fact.

Not the point anyway... My point is managers who are free to manage and have full control have worked for us in the past, and work for clubs our size.
                Having a DOF in the Championship peering over the managers shoulder also effects the calibre of gaffer we'll get in IMO.

If I was a well established/talented manager why on earth would I want someone like LF; who is inexperienced and quite frankly a 'nobody' in his role, peering over my shoulder every 2 seconds? Why would a Rowett, Pardew, and such like, come to us and work under him? - I'd be turning around and going, 'who the fvck are you again?'
                Last edited by West London is Rss; 12-05-2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

They could do the job though couldn't they?

HR got us promoted and MH kept us up - Fact.

Not the point anyway... My point is managers who are free to manage and have full control have worked for us in the past, and work for clubs our size.
                  Having a DOF in the Championship peering over the managers shoulder also effects the calibre of gaffer we'll get in IMO.

If I was a well established/talented manager why on earth would I want someone like LF; who is inexperienced and quite frankly a 'nobody' in his role, peering over my shoulder every 2 seconds? Why would a Rowett, Pardew, and such like, come to us and work under him? - I'd be turning around and going, 'who the fvck are you again?'
                  Charlie Austin got us promoted under HR - not any tactical mastermind from him? Admittedly he signed him so I'll give him that
                  MH didn't keep us up? Crowd baying for Barton blood v Liverpool and wanting Mackie on changed the season. Results also went our way.

I completely agree we don't need a DoF! And i agree that it will be difficult to attract managers under current regime. Personally wouldn't want the likes of Pardew or Pearson etc. Rowett and Clements would be preferred choice but obviously already in employment and we have a manager.

I will say that LF has brought in a few good signings, and I dare say had a hand in making profits from Chery/Polter.

Comment

Charlie Austin got us promoted under HR - not any tactical mastermind from him? Admittedly he signed him so I'll give him that
                    MH didn't keep us up? Crowd baying for Barton blood v Liverpool and wanting Mackie on changed the season. Results also went our way.

I completely agree we don't need a DoF! And i agree that it will be difficult to attract managers under current regime. Personally wouldn't want the likes of Pardew or Pearson etc. Rowett and Clements would be preferred choice but obviously already in employment and we have a manager.

I will say that LF has brought in a few good signings, and I dare say had a hand in making profits from Chery/Polter.
                    Dress it up how you want, on file or on paper it will say - HR promotion, MH survival. It's football, it's a results business, it doesn't matter how you get the job done.
                    Just as If we'd lost the play-off final HR would be seen as a failure for not getting us up - it wouldn't be seen as Charlie Austin not scoring the goal that got us up.
                    Harry Redknapp managed Charlie Austin and got the best out of him, his development and goal scoring that season was not just down to Charlie Austin.

You can't blame the manager for when it goes wrong and then not give him credit for when the job gets done.

You should see my point there?
                    Last edited by West London is Rss; 12-05-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      I agree. However the problem was the person he brought in (LF) was a total novice and has been literally learning on the job - he's even admitted this himself. As mentioned in the OP, he was only hired because he was seen as popular with the fans, being the populist that TF is, never mind the fact that he was totally unqualified for the role - which 2.5 years on (since the LF was hired) we have all seen the results i.e. 3 car-crash managerial appointments.

Comment

Dress it up how you want, on file or on paper it will say - HR promotion, MH survival. It's football, it's a results business, it doesn't matter how you get the job done.
                        Just as If we'd lost the play-off final HR would be seen as a failure for not getting us up - it wouldn't be seen as Charlie Austin not scoring the goal that got us up.

You can't blame the manager for when it goes wrong and then not give him credit for when the job gets done.

You should see my point there?
                        Were we not relegated under HR, in part due to MH very poor start to the season? Can't give them credit for when they get the job done and then not blame them when it goes wrong... Also spending hundreds of millions of pounds between them...

Stand by what I said. Don't think promotion had anything to do with Redknapp other than signing Austin. Also don't think we were saved by Hughes.

Comment

Were we not relegated under HR, in part due to MH very poor start to the season? Can't give them credit for when they get the job done and then not blame them when it goes wrong... Also spending hundreds of millions of pounds between them...

Stand by what I said. Don't think promotion had anything to do with Redknapp other than signing Austin. Also don't think we were saved by Hughes.
                          Hang on, you aren't even giving them the credit for when they got the job done? You're contradicting yourself. Who is saying I don't blame them for when it went wrong?

I think you are totally missing my point in that I'm purely stating fact in a period of time in regards to us and those two managers.
                          Take all the circumstances away, the facts are as follows - which will be on both managers CV's.

Their CV's won't have - 'Promoted because of Charlie Austin' or 'survival because of luck'

They will purely read:
                          Harry Redknapp manager - promotion whilst in charge.
                          Mark Hughes manager - premier league survival.

Do you put Spurs's good season purely down to Harry Kane? Or do you put it down to Pochetinno? Exactly the same kind of scenario you're trying to get across in regards to Austin and Redknapp.

Whether you like it or not they got the job done for a period of time and it worked for us for a short period of time.
                          Last edited by West London is Rss; 12-05-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Hang on, you aren't even giving them the credit for when they got the job done? You're contradicting yourself. Who is saying I don't blame them for when it went wrong?

I think you are totally missing my point in that I'm purely stating fact in a period of time in regards to us and those two managers.
                            Take all the circumstances away, the facts are as follows - which will be on both managers CV's.

Their CV's won't have - 'Promoted because of Charlie Austin' or 'survival because of luck'

They will purely read:
                            Harry Redknapp manager - promotion whilst in charge.
                            Mark Hughes manager - premier league survival.

Whether you like it or not they got the job done for a period of time and it worked for us for a short period of time.
                            But you were ignoring Redknapp relegation and Hughes avoiding drop because of other results? "Dress it up how you want, on file or on paper it will say - HR promotion, MH survival"

That will also be on their CVs.

And I'm not stating this as someone looking at their CVs, I'm looking a this as purely as a QPR supporter as i can't look at it any other way which is probably where my argument loses it's credibility!

However, saying having someone in like Lee Hoos working with Redknapp wouldn't have worked either. Redknapp was told he wasn't allowed to sign anyone and he upped and left feigning knee injury.

Comment

But you were ignoring Redknapp relegation and Hughes avoiding drop because of other results? "Dress it up how you want, on file or on paper it will say - HR promotion, MH survival"

That will also be on their CVs.

And I'm not stating this as someone looking at their CVs, I'm looking a this as purely as a QPR supporter as i can't look at it any other way which is probably where my argument loses it's credibility!

However, saying having someone in like Lee Hoos working with Redknapp wouldn't have worked either. Redknapp was told he wasn't allowed to sign anyone and he upped and left feigning knee injury.
                              I'm not ignoring anything, this is why I'm saying you're missing my point! I'm stating the simple fact in that's what they did! We got promoted under HR and survived under MH. I know the circumstances surrounding both, I'm saying that's what it will say on paper of their time here.

If you really think on Mark Hughes's CV it states 'kept QPR in the premier league because of other results' or on Redknapp's CV it says 'promoted QPR because of Charlie Austin' - then you are deluded my friend.

Can you answer my question in regards to my previous post? i.e. Spurs, Kane and Pochetinno?

Comment

I'm not ignoring anything, this is why I'm saying you're missing my point! I'm stating the simple fact in that's what they did! We got promoted under HR and survived under MH. I know the circumstances surrounding both, I'm saying that's what it will say on paper of their time here.

If you really think on Mark Hughes's CV it states 'kept QPR in the premier league because of other results' or on Redknapp's CV it says 'promoted QPR because of Charlie Austin' - then you are deluded my friend.

Can you answer my question in regards to my previous post? i.e. Spurs, Kane and Pochetinno?
                                But you originally ignored the relegation on Redknapps CV. I'm so confused. I've probably missed something massive here, it is Friday so allow me that!

I know it doesn't say that on their CV, I've already stated I'm looking at it through a QPR supporters eyes.

You're right, they are short terms solutions which have severely damaged the club in the long run. We need a long term solution. As stated as well, Redknapp ilk wouldnt work with someone like Hoos as evidenced when Redknapp left. Told he couldn't spend as he'd spent enough, off he goes.

"Do you put Spurs's good season purely down to Harry Kane? Or do you put it down to Pochetinno? Exactly the same kind of scenario you're trying to get across in regards to Austin and Redknapp.

Obviously Pochettino is in a different class to Redknapp and Hughes. Harry Kane is a massive factor in how well they are doing, as was Austin for us. I see what you're saying, but as i said i'm looking at it through blue and white tinted glasses

Comment

Working...
                                X