If you're going to sack a manager...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    I will tell you what has happened between march and now mate..............he has lost the dressing room.
    been a worry for a while, and plenty of evidence sadly.

However. On all known form it is impossible to see any change in the hot seat. And Les seems to have got the gig for life.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      I'd get Pardew or Karanka, seriously.
      Way to ambitious for QPR.

We don't make sensible decisions like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
        His quote is hardly inspiring is it?

“We need a really good window now the window is open and you can do business, which I used to do with loan players, which really was handy – when you could pop to the shops and buy some milk and some bread because you needed it because it all goes off.

“Now you’ve just got to buy tons of it just in case you get injuries.”

Holloway added: “People have got to change the rules back to how it used to be, because it’s absolute nonsense, but they won’t do and we’ll have to learn how to do it this way.

“That means sometimes it’s going to be tough, particularly for us.”

Which hes had loads of injuries as stated by birch so would explain his comments about the loan market!
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          Pinkie, sorry mate but his quotes plus our recent form are really annoying me.

The problem is that he has changed his mind so quickly. It wasn't too long ago that the squad was fine.He said this in March (during our good run):
          http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...d-3617745.aspx

Now the squad isn't good enough and we need to make all these changes. So what has happened between March and now to change that? If he had played either a (reasonably) consistent team or given players a run of games (around 4) then I could understand that he could make that assessment. But he's thrown players like Goss, Doughty and Petrasso into games and then got rid of them. I can't believe that you can make a judgement in that space of time. And it's not exactly good for the confidence of the player.

He is very erratic and it scares the crap out of me for next season. We need consistency but that should start with the manager's decisions and also his comments
          I agree with you about this chopping and changing of players btw, he should stick to a more settled 11 but birch explained yesterday about having loads of injuries so would explain the changes and comments about the loan system!
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            Way to ambitious for QPR.

We don't make sensible decisions like that.
            We should be attracting these managers though, I don't know where the expectation level has all of a sudden gone in just a couple of years!

Are we budget cutting for the foreseeable or are we just being tight from now on, with the owners no longer investing?

At the moment it feels like we are ambling and accepting the fact we may end up in League 1 eventually...

Comment

Are we allowed to gloat and bring up a load of this thread when/if Holloway does well ?

Or will we get told we are childish?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                but birch explained yesterday about having loads of injuries
                experience tells me there was some spinning going on. Most managers go through the injuries at the pre match press conference, that way you don't leave yourself open to the kind of understandable criticism they're copping for this nonsense.

And none of it excuses the tactical sHitfest and lack of effort we saw served up.

Comment

We lost 6 games in a row twice in half a season under Ian Holloway

Those first 6 games I think it was widely agreed we played well in most of those games, better than the other teams in most cases but didn't get anything from them - obviously a few exceptions. Didn't get the results we deserved.

Shall we ignore the period where we were the form team in the Championship which was interrupted by the international break? Got the results we deserved.

Next run of 6 losses were all by 1 goal. Yes we were not very good in 99% of those matches but we weren't totally out of the game. Norwich last game of the season was just a shocking display all round. Got the results we deserved but were only 1 goal out of most of the games which means one bit of luck could have seen us get a point or go on to win it still end up losing it!

Whilst the points return under Holloway has not been anywhere good enough there are some encouraging signs detailed below:

Penrice coming in for scouting. Great track record, QPR man
                  Manning looks a good prospect - brought in to the team by Holloway
                  Freeman - exciting player brought in very cheaply by Holloway and still young.
                  All excited by Lua Lua - didn't deliver due to injuries
                  Bringing youth through - everyone moaned during big spend era that this was not happening, expect to see more of it next season

I agree that his ramblings in interviews are becoming incredibly frustrating. You had an extremely poor end to the season so go about your business quietly, don't make promises you can't keep like previous managers and get them ready for next season.

But all this doom-mongering on here is more of a farce than the club. Stop moaning, start supporting. He isn't going anywhere.
                  My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Are we allowed to gloat and bring up a load of this thread when/if Holloway does well ?

Can do, but won't happen.

Comment

We should be attracting these managers though, I don't know where the expectation level has all of a sudden gone in just a couple of years!

Are we budget cutting for the foreseeable or are we just being tight from now on, with the owners no longer investing?

At the moment it feels like we are ambling and accepting the fact we may end up in League 1 eventually...
                      £250,000,000 down the swanny.

We had our chance and blew it. It's a case of 'as you were' circa 10 years ago.

Cost cutting and stumbling through on the cheap until the owners see OOC come alive. That's my belief anyway.
                      Last edited by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit; 10-05-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        I agree with you about this chopping and changing of players btw, he should stick to a more settled 11 but birch explained yesterday about having loads of injuries so would explain the changes and comments about the loan system!
                        That's the third reason now behind experimenting with team selection and playing the the team he thought was best suited to winning each game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          £250,000,000 down the swanny.

We had our chance and blew it. It's a case of 'as you were' circa 10 years ago.

Cost cutting and stumbling through on the cheap until the owners see OOC come alive. That's my belief anyway.
                          It's quite a gutting realisation.

Comment

Bit like getting the golden ticket for Willy Wonker
                            and losing it on the way home

Or pulling a right stunner taking her home to discover that she
                            Actually has a secret peenis under her skirt

Comment

Yes. According to the CEO his remit is to make the club self-sustainable and can no longer be reliant on cash-injections from the owners, especially with parachute payments ending soon, and with them writing off the previous substantial debt by turning it into equity. Further, Hoos is saying the club has to stand on it's own feet moving forward by surviving on self-generated revenue, hence why the new stadium is still high on the agenda with the Linford Christie site now being a far more realistic prospect than OOC, which has virtually been discarded as a viability.

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Yes, absolutely! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                Yes. According to the CEO his remit is to make the club self-sustainable
                                We wont do that if we continue to make questionable appointments which see the club becoming a less and less attractive to fans. Poor appointments = loss of revenue. Self sustainability will not be achieved via a totally reactionary fiscal policy, boom and bust is of itself a non sustainable model. No one seems have grasped this at HQ, which explains our continuing decline.
                                Last edited by hal9thou; 11-05-2017, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X