No announcement yet.

Supporting Ian Holloway for next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said elsewhere, Ollie is a symptom - just as JFH was, just as CR was, just as Harry was. The managers are not at the root of our problems. The buck stops upstairs. When you look at the rear end of the championship, you can see at least four clubs with a similar problem: us, Forest, Blackburn and Brum. The parallels aren't specifically financial, but the composition of the boards are similar insofar as there is an absence of footballing suss in the boardroom. The similarities with Birmingham in particular are striking.

We wont make significant progress until the football vacuum in and around the boardroom is addressed. Les was brought in to bring that in, but his own appointment was questionable since he had absolutely no experience of doing that job. Tbf to uncle, I think he's been eaten alive by 'advisors' and agents, Harry pointed that out but we all knew. You can tighten the purse strings but how you then apportion the money becomes even more vital and imo this is at the heart of the matter.

Until it is sensibly addressed I can't see anything changing in terms of footballing progress. It could be worse...... but for >0.25bn it really should be a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      Like I said elsewhere, Ollie is a symptom - just as JFH was, just as CR was, just as Harry was. The managers are not at the root of our problems. The buck stops upstairs. When you look at the rear end of the championship, you can see at least four clubs with a similar problem: us, Forest, Blackburn and Brum. The parallels aren't specifically financial, but the composition of the boards are similar insofar as there is an absence of footballing suss in the boardroom. The similarities with Birmingham in particular are striking.

We wont make significant progress until the football vacuum in and around the boardroom is addressed. Les was brought in to bring that in, but his own appointment was questionable since he had absolutely no experience of doing that job. Tbf to uncle, I think he's been eaten alive by 'advisors' and agents, Harry pointed that out but we all knew. You can tighten the purse strings but how you then apportion the money becomes even more vital and imo this is at the heart of the matter.

Until it is sensibly addressed I can't see anything changing in terms of footballing progress. It could be worse...... but for >0.25bn it really should be a bit better.

For youre intelligent ways of looking at things hal itll take time for getting us back on a good level footing and knee jerking like alot on here wont bring that back, patience and letting ollie do his stuff will, getting a new manager in wont!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Spot on post

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          For youre intelligent ways of looking at things hal itll take time for getting us back on a good level footing and knee jerking like alot on here wont bring that back, patience and letting ollie do his stuff will, getting a new manager in wont!
          The post you are replying to is spot on however your post is dependent on the manager you so love knowing what he is doing, which is at best questionable. Whoever is right will be proved after the first 10 or so games of next season, hope you have the balls to come back on and say you got it so very wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
            The post you are replying to is spot on however your post is dependent on the manager you so love knowing what he is doing, which is at best questionable. Whoever is right will be proved after the first 10 or so games of next season, hope you have the balls to come back on and say you got it so very wrong.
            Lol of course ive got the balls to come back on, ive already said not happy with how things have gone and shouldnt of happened ie switched off before we was safe points wise! youre one of the ones that goes quiet like a few when we do start playing well! ill post no matter wether we`re doing well or not!

Comment

Is it possible that Olly knows what games are important and how to win them. The games before the international break were vital, after the break not so much, though another win might have been good. He knew that we had to beat/or draw with Forest which he did.

Comment

Anyway its not about having the balls its about being stubborn and hating to be proved wrong which i dont have a problem with, if ollie starts tinkering too much with a settled team he deserves to get pelters like any manager! hes got a very good core to the squad so shouldnt need to mess about with it too much apart from getting a few new additions and getting rid of ones we dont need!

Comment

Not so sure. Les Ferdinand was brought in to steady the ship, I don't think anyone though his CV was anything than it was, he wasn't a one man machine to transform the clubs fortunes. It was clear prior to his arrival that the club was losing its identity and I agree with you advisors etc were taking advantage. SLF universally respected in English football plus a legend for us. He was ideal as coming in and being the face of the club to tell agents/advisors to behave and almost protect a naive board, that naivety was acknowledged by uncle tone.
                  To be fair to SLF he helped to stop the rot, amount of wastage and costs could easily led us to disaster but contracts in keeping with the club were encouraged and big money contracts/players discouraged ...now most pundits and media accept we are being well run. Admittedly on the pitch needs improving but hopefully that will come.
                  SLF wasn't some autocratic leader ...and the board does understand concerns that's why Lee hoos was brought in, he did wonders at Burnley who are quite rightly applauded as to how a small club can flourish.
                  The board has been addressed and now on field improvements need to occur which Ollie fully accepts. I think the clubs moving in the right direction and I'm looking forward to next season, its all moving slowly admittedly but right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    No more playing players out of position. Washington is our best striker so let's play him there. We can talk about his stats then as a centre forward not winger
                    Read the post. Never said play him out of position. I said if- if- we wanted to defend the lead we could have tucked him in on the right for the last fifteen minutes. I would have stuck with him and 442.

Comment

Great post OP but I've said it all before, unfortunately some cannot be swayed. Rightly so they have their reasons and we have ours for supporting.

QPR is fundamentally having a lot of lows, and some very rare highs but when those highs come...you know you would never support any other club in the world
                      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        Read the post. Never said play him out of position. I said if- if- we wanted to defend the lead we could have tucked him in on the right for the last fifteen minutes. I would have stuck with him and 442.

Comment

Originally posted by Fghoop View Post
                          Clements – Swansea on the precipice after a bright start with him
                          The Jacks out of the bottom three.....

Comment

Of the op's list, i'd only have Clement above Ollie, the rest are older and more stayed than he is accused of being! Moyes just seems like a beaten man since Man Utd.

I don't think Ollie & Birch can take us forward into the Prem, but i wouldn't want them to. The club severly lacks confidence, which hinders consistency, this has been going on since we signed Joey and SWP, unfortunately at the same time TF took over, but i don't blame him. Some of the recent lack of confidence is absolutely on Ollie, he's made a mess out of a situation he'd done really well at fixing. He'd brewed the tea just right and put too much milk in and ####ed it up.

I reckon, and hope he gets that and will sort out his tea making for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                              Of the op's list, i'd only have Clement above Ollie,
                              He was the natural choice for many reasons. Wouldn't touch us under the current regime and you can't really blame him.

Comment

He was the natural choice for many reasons. Wouldn't touch us under the current regime and you can't really blame him.
                                Time will tell, whos he been in charge of corinthian casuals or whatever there called?! hardly experienced! obviously ollies record speaks for itself over clements! but lets ignore that

Comment

Working...
                                X