No announcement yet.

Realistic candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garry Monk on the verge of being sacked due to not making play offs.

I'd have him in a heartbeat personally if Ollie walked or was sacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      Garry Monk on the verge of being sacked due to not making play offs.

I'd have him in a heartbeat personally if Ollie walked or was sacked.
      I'd take him.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        Pardew would be ok.
        Pardew is an utter tool. In my opinion, he'd be even worse than Ollie.

At least Ollie occasionally makes us laugh whilst losing 2 games out of 3. With Pardew you'd have to stomach loosing every week and suffering having a smug tw*t like him as your manager!

Comment

I see what you mean, Tarbie. Personally, I now think we can drop the idea of Ollie`s getting replaced with another manager. The fact that we have brought in Gary Penrice as a scout makes me much more optimistic regarding the next step of building a better squad. If Ollie fails Next season, he can`t really blame anyone but himself.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

We lost out bigtime on Clement.
            I think he's gonna be a great manager in years to come.
            Highly rated at Swansea.
            Hope he keeps them up, didn't deserve to lose his job at Derby and has always been my 1st choice for us, and still is now

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
              You're right, but not according to some people on here.......

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                I think he's gonna be a great manager in years to come.
                Highly rated at Swansea.
                Hope he keeps them up, didn't deserve to lose his job at Derby and has always been my 1st choice for us, and still is now
                Massively agree. Would of came to us aswell pretty sure he was interested. Was him or Rowett for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                  Massively agree. Would of came to us aswell pretty sure he was interested. Was him or Rowett for me.
                  2 managers unlikely to work under a DoF, a bit like every other manager half worth their salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    2 managers unlikely to work under a DoF, a bit like every other manager half worth their salt.
                    You know what you're right.

Clement would've come here, i know it. we didn't offer enoguh cash and he probably didn't want to work with a DOF.

Les was brought in as a football minded shield to Uncle Tony, to protect him from rash decisions. Now we have Lee Hoos, who seems excellent business wise, i don't see how we need protecting.

So, how do we get rid of Les? He isn't going anywhere without a push.

We need to start a grass roots campaign to get him in as manager. It'll be a woeful period, but it'll get him gone. Sure, jobs for the boys means he'll get another job at the club. But, just maybe, if we can time his sacking in line with Clement or Rowett being available, we might just squeeze one of them in before Les heads back upstairs....?

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                      You know what you're right.

Clement would've come here, i know it. we didn't offer enoguh cash and he probably didn't want to work with a DOF.

Les was brought in as a football minded shield to Uncle Tony, to protect him from rash decisions. Now we have Lee Hoos, who seems excellent business wise, i don't see how we need protecting.

So, how do we get rid of Les? He isn't going anywhere without a push.

We need to start a grass roots campaign to get him in as manager. It'll be a woeful period, but it'll get him gone. Sure, jobs for the boys means he'll get another job at the club. But, just maybe, if we can time his sacking in line with Clement or Rowett being available, we might just squeeze one of them in before Les heads back upstairs....?
                      Been saying the same for a while now.

Personally though, I don't see why w need to over complicate getting rid of Les. He has done well in some ares (i.e. getting some infrastructure in place, reducing expenditure etc.), and failed in others. Failing to appointing a decent manager at any stage in his tenure being the biggest failure. As you've pointed out, Lee Hoos is now in control of the purse strings, and we have some sort of order to the off the field stuff. What we do not have is the right personnel in place.

The answer is simply to advise Les his role is now redundant and pay him off. Then sack Ollie and replace him with a manager capable of running all areas that Lee Hoos doesn't. Personally I'd hang onto the PE teacher. If you believe what you hear, he is one of the best in business when it comes to youth policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Been saying the same for a while now.

Personally though, I don't see why w need to over complicate getting rid of Les. He has done well in some ares (i.e. getting some infrastructure in place, reducing expenditure etc.), and failed in others. Failing to appointing a decent manager at any stage in his tenure being the biggest failure. As you've pointed out, Lee Hoos is now in control of the purse strings, and we have some sort of order to the off the field stuff. What we do not have is the right personnel in place.

The answer is simply to advise Les his role is now redundant and pay him off. Then sack Ollie and replace him with a manager capable of running all areas that Lee Hoos doesn't. Personally I'd hang onto the PE teacher. If you believe what you hear, he is one of the best in business when it comes to youth policy.
                        We haven't got a chairman who is capable of making these important decisions. That has been and will be our downfall.

Idiots from the top down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          We haven't got a chairman who is capable of making these important decisions. That has been and will be our downfall.

Idiots from the top down.
                          So true mate!

Comment

So true mate!
                            Its excruciatingly annoying.

Is it that fkin hard to have someone who can run the club properly and can make decisions that are for the benefit of the football club not just to please or not upset individuals?!

Does my fkin nut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                              Its excruciatingly annoying.

Is it that fkin hard to have someone who can run the club properly and can make decisions that are for the benefit of the football club not just to please or not upset individuals?!

Does my fkin nut.
                              Mate, I'm exactly the same. The consistent inability to get the simple things right is just driving me nuts.

I used to get excited by the prospect of the 4 or 5 games a year that I'd travel home for. These days, it feels like more of an obligation than something I actually enjoy. I feel so far removed from the club and I really don't have any faith in those in charge to get us moving back in the right direction.

I've actually canned all plans to come back for any more games in 2017 in favour of going on the Lions tour in New Zealand. May actually do the same in 2019 and go to Japan for the Rugby World Cup instead of expensive flights back to the UK to watch Rangers.

Sad day when a fan of nearly 30 years is favouring watching Egg Chasers over a trip back to Loftus Road.

Comment

Mate, I'm exactly the same. The consistent inability to get the simple things right is just driving me nuts.

I used to get excited by the prospect of the 4 or 5 games a year that I'd travel home for. These days, it feels like more of an obligation than something I actually enjoy. I feel so far removed from the club and I really don't have any faith in those in charge to get us moving back in the right direction.

I've actually canned all plans to come back for any more games in 2017 in favour of going on the Lions tour in New Zealand. May actually do the same in 2019 and go to Japan for the Rugby World Cup instead of expensive flights back to the UK to watch Rangers.

Sad day when a fan of nearly 30 years is favouring watching Egg Chasers over a trip back to Loftus Road.
                                You know Buddy that paragraph about it feeling like an obligation and feeling so far removed from the dross the club feels justified in churning out with constant promises that things are looking up behind the scenes when we know things are moving backwards or at best stationary sums it up perfectly

Comment

Working...
                                X