That ones down to you Holloway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Completely agree about Hall. A player that is never critised. If we want to progress in this league, he can't be in that central midfield, defender position because he isn't that great in midfield. He has also declined as a centre back since last season. He loses markers and has been at fault quite a few times this season. Yet poor old Ned seems to be the one who gets the blame most!
    That's my view too. Hall is decent and better then he has showed this season but on performances this season He's behind Ned and Lynch but he gets away with it.

Comment

Ah good, contention and disagreement is back and all's right with the world!

I'm with the people who think it was fine for Olly to try things out, and surely the best way to do this is in a fiercely competitive game, not a dead rubber? It's only in the heat of the battle that you see what your players are made of. It was great to see Jack Robinson back on the pitch and also fascinating to see what Ravel brought to the game. I'd say he was clearly under instructions to keep it simple and I thought his class shone through despite that. It was also great to see how we battered them after the substitutions were made. Lots of positives as others have said. Really looking forward to next season.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        When was the pen decision people are discussing. I totally missed that??
        There was a shout for handball but personally think it would have been a bit harsh on the Brighton player.
        Would've been nice to get it all the same.
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

Why don't they try experimenting with what they charge to get in every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Ah good, contention and disagreement is back and all's right with the world!

I'm with the people who think it was fine for Olly to try things out, and surely the best way to do this is in a fiercely competitive game, not a dead rubber? It's only in the heat of the battle that you see what your players are made of. It was great to see Jack Robinson back on the pitch and also fascinating to see what Ravel brought to the game. I'd say he was clearly under instructions to keep it simple and I thought his class shone through despite that. It was also great to see how we battered them after the substitutions were made. Lots of positives as others have said. Really looking forward to next season.
            Well if Bristol and Blackburn win today, we've got Bristol away next. They beat us, down to 3-4 points.....too competitive for my liking!

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
              Well if Bristol and Blackburn win today, we've got Bristol away next. They beat us, down to 3-4 points.....too competitive for my liking!
              Oh, I agree, but I really don't think there's any need to panic!

Comment

Originally posted by East London R View Post
                Fully understand Holloway's​ team selection. Let's see what Morrison can do so that we can make a call on him at the end of the season. The difference between him and Freeman was there for everyone to see. Bye bye Morrison. We are safe and giving players opportunities will only help the management team make the right decisions for next season.
                One game isn't enough to judge Morrison. Look at Washington he didn't come good for a whole year. Morrison is worth keeping. His set piece delivery was class and consistent plus he showed real glimpses of quality just needs more games which he should get. Freeman is a good player but Morrison with a bit more time would surpass him comfortably and we have to risk it. We aren't gonna go out and buy a player of Morrisons class, and he could easily be the difference between us going up.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                  Pen could have been given, but not stone wall for me. you say he controlled the ball with his hand but it hit his upper arm and went no where near him afterwards, so it didn't touch his hand or come under his control.
                  Murray did go down easy after treading on the ball, but the free kick was given for the foul a second or so before that, by Lynch, not for the Murray fail.
                  Just so you know, it is a handball if it hits the upper arm.

He pushed the ball away from its natural flight in the box. That is a penalty.

Comment

Brighton had it all to play for and we werent far off the pace even with an experimental side. Important to mix up formations and players when the games are still competitive.

We're not going down. I'm all for multiple changes each game. So what if we picked up 3 more points.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      Leave it out. That was a very good performance against the best side in the division. The table doesn't lie.

Stone wall penalty not given. Dunk clearly controlled the ball with his hand, Murray goes down like a fairy for the winning FK.

Brighton got lucky tonight and they know it.
                      Bang on. Bar a 10 minute spell where we got sloppy and Brighton capitalised, we were more than capable of beating a side that will be promoted this season.

Comment

All those saying we are safe...can we afford to lose every game to the end of the season?

We need at least 3 more points to be safe IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          All those saying we are safe...can we afford to lose every game to the end of the season?

We probably wont lose every game of the season, even when trying to be pessimistic theres at least 4 points we'll gain in our last games but personally i think we'll get more than that.
                          The point is you can see just by the teams performances near enough week in week out that we can match up to the best teams in the league which is why i'm not worried and suppirt what ollies doing 100%. Losing games atm is beneficial to us long term because we can see what we're lacking which imo is that cutting edge type player

Comment

To be honest, I think we are safe. And so do the bookies. 250-1 against us being relegated The last thing we need is to finish the season with a run of 8 games without a win And with this constant mass changes, 6 last night, it become more of a possibility.

Comment

Giving players a chance to to show if they are up to it now could save us millions in summer transfer fees and contracts, or mean we can spend what money we do have, on 1 or two quality players.

We aren't going down. We technically could, but we won't lose every single game and the teams below us won't win every single game.

I do think that wholesale changes against string opposition doesn't do players out of match practice any favours though. Unfair almost, though in that sense encouraged that last nights performance was good. Especially after the subs.

Think we probably should have tried our best 11 last night and against Villa, if we know what that is, just for the knowledge that we can beat these top tier teams, our form before the break suggested yes.

But yeah, go on Ollie, try everyone out.

Comment

What I've been saying all along. We will beat Forest at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X