Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
      Now where is that cuckoos nest ,,,,,,
      the doddinghurst?

;)

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
        on current form we are the third best team in the division
        Depends what period your looking at. Over the last 6 games (usual form guide) we are about 13th but over the last 3 we are possibly the best (cant think of anyone else with 3 wins on the spin)

Comment

I was not sure about Ollies return and the run of bad results confirmed my fears... Now however, he's saying things that make sense about fitness and game tempo. I can also see what he's trying to do with the players and the kind of players he's trying to get into the team. I think he could definitely build a strong championship side. I don't think we'll get into the play-offs this season, but if things continue we could be a strong contender next season. That said, we're not in a position to compete in the PL. We need to look at clubs like Burnley and do something similar. It's all about getting things right behind the scenes.

Comment

can you really imagine farty pants fulham standing against hollways blue army,your having a girafffe
            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Holloway is a f*cking ledge

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Holloway is a f*cking ledge
                so is our very own ted

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                  I was not sure about Ollies return and the run of bad results confirmed my fears... Now however, he's saying things that make sense about fitness and game tempo. I can also see what he's trying to do with the players and the kind of players he's trying to get into the team. I think he could definitely build a strong championship side. I don't think we'll get into the play-offs this season, but if things continue we could be a strong contender next season. That said, we're not in a position to compete in the PL. We need to look at clubs like Burnley and do something similar. It's all about getting things right behind the scenes.
                  That run of bad results could quite easily happen again,our form is so unpredictable, Holloway has gone from hero (norwich) to zero ( 6 defeats in a row including bottom team),when nearly everyone on this board were saying what a mistake Les made made bringing Holloway back to hero again now after 3 wins .......QPR fans are very fickle,lose the next 3 on the run and Holloway will be zero again

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    QPR fans are very fickle,lose the next 3 on the run and Holloway will be zero again
                    MOST are but you can't taint us all with that brush....some have continued to back Holloway throughout.

Comment

That run of bad results could quite easily happen again,our form is so unpredictable, Holloway has gone from hero (norwich) to zero ( 6 defeats in a row including bottom team),when nearly everyone on this board were saying what a mistake Les made made bringing Holloway back to hero again now after 3 wins .......QPR fans are very fickle,lose the next 3 on the run and Holloway will be zero again
                      A large part of that bad run was Ollie trying out players and systems (giving everyone a go), now we are seeing the formation and players that he expects to do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                        A large part of that bad run was Ollie trying out players and systems (giving everyone a go)
                        And just as importantly: Improving team spirit by getting rid of players that no longer wanted to be here.

Both these reasons are why I believed it was premature to judge him so harshly during that losing streak. Classic case of things sometimes having to get worse before they can get better.

Yes, of course it's still early days as it's still only 3 wins on the bounce, however the signs are definitely positive and encouraging!

Comment

A large part of that bad run was Ollie trying out players and systems (giving everyone a go), now we are seeing the formation and players that he expects to do well.
                          That's a fair point.

Comment

There was a certain amount of panic on here, but to be fair the majority wanted to give Olly a chance.

Comment

That is exacatly the reason for that run!!

New manager trying out different formations/players etc. Of course its going to unbalance things at 1st. 1 thing for me that was noticable though was that our performances changed very quickly.

Sure I remember people saying because of our run of loses, had we stayed with JFH we'd had more chance of staying up. Very odd/sure term way of thinking of things - its a long season....
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Agree some fans are fickle and you're right, the bad run could happen again. The difference however, is his thinking seems clearer, to me anyway. People might have legitimate reservations, doesn't mean they can't enjoy a good run of form.

Comment

Working...
                                X