Luongo. Enough is enough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    I think Luongo is one of the players most disadvantaged by the tactical merry go round, selections etc etc. I don't think he's fantastically able, but I don't think he's despreately poor either. Jury out imo.

We've all seen worse here, including at this level.
    Last part spot on hal!.... some seem to think we're a little bit better than we actually are.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      I think Luongo is one of the players most disadvantaged by the tactical merry go round, selections etc etc. I don't think he's fantastically able, but I don't think he's despreately poor either. Jury out imo.

We've all seen worse here, including at this level.
      I would be delighted for you to be proven right, Hal. Jimmy, like the Upas tree, ruined everything he touched. Thank God he's gone. Up to Ol and all his squad- those he inherited and those he's bright in- to crack on now.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Mass has been here since the start of last season, hasn't he? More than enough time to be playing more effectively and more consistently. Very slow progression IMO.

Compare his performances and his effectiveness to the team with young Ryan Manning, a lad who was thrust straight into first team football with a Championship side, without the benefit of time in League One either.
        Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        I'm wide awake. Going forward he's worse than pony. S hit in fact. Assists? Yeah, right. But there it is.
        Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        When has Luongo played RM for QPR !!?
        100% has, sorry, I don't have my list in front of me to confirm

Comment

• Willing to give him more time, I don't see him everyday in training and I don't know where his best position is or where he actually wants to play. Maybe he has been asked to do things that don't suit his game in the past. See what Ollie can do with him but happy to have him around for another 18 months and see how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
            100% has, sorry, I don't have my list in front of me to confirm
            Never seen him at RM for QPR at all and also don't buy that a player who has played Internationally in CM both attacking and defensively is struggling to get to grips playing both roles in the Championship.

I think it's not the role, its the management and a clear instruction - and that is why Luongo is having some much better games under Holloway (Reading especially)
            Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 03-02-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• I think we should back all of our players who are picked in the team, and are deemed good enough by management, who know a lot more than us.
              We should be backing this lot right up until they leave Rangers - as they are a good bunch who at least play for the badge and are never are short in the shift they put in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Why if you aint a fan mate?
                He's good enough to be part of our squad and who knows if he manages to score sometimes in the future.
                Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 03-02-2017, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• We have to give him time...
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    I think we should back all of our players who are picked in the team, and are deemed good enough by management, who know a lot more than us.
                    We should be backing this lot right up until they leave Rangers - as they are a good bunch who at least play for the badge and are never are short in the shift they put in.
                    This. And this week I think they will work on Furlong and his weaknesses. IMO, Luongo did ok, but can improve. So can Furlong.
                    Last edited by Shania; 03-02-2017, 06:46 PM.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...g-new-contract

Luongo close to agreeing new QPR contract

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        I think it's not the role, its the management and a clear instruction - and that is why Luongo is having some much better games under Holloway (Reading especially)
                        Spot on. Let's give the boy time in a more settled environment ie as we are now. Contract negotiations should be on hold until end of term. He can't go anywhere in the meantime so we shouldn't be making a commitment until we absolutely have to.

Comment

• It must be very encouraging for Luongo to read this thread. Not...
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

• I hope he does. $hit or get off the pot.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              I think we should back all of our players who are picked in the team, and are deemed good enough by management, who know a lot more than us.
                              Is of course the right answer. I'm not convinced about Mas but he is a decent player at this level. Problem on this MB is poor old Nas has made him out to be the best Mid in the division, which imo is clearly wrong and has polarised views for and against him.

Dont think anyone doesn't think he can be half decent and an asset to this club tho.

Comment

• Good player who looks short of confidence and as with Washington a little bit of luck or just being picked in the right position could change that. It should not be debated about him being the best in the division as anyone can see who watches the game that is not the case. Stats are slanted but actual end product is not and luongo's end product prove he is a long way from being the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X