X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news as we certainly need him

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
      I'm pished off with caulker. HD fit to go to Russia but can't play 90 for us.
      Nice little well deserved million quid windfall for the grafter as well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ndfall-9731156

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Nice little well deserved million quid windfall for the grafter as well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ndfall-9731156
        But apparently he hasn't left according to the last few posters

Comment

Not official till its anounced mate. Pm Peter Odiwingie

Comment

I can understand Shodipo being loaned out. We have Freeman, pawel (now ours & lualua on the wings with little chance of a game.

Much better to have him playing regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
              I can understand Shodipo being loaned out. We have Freeman, pawel (now ours & lualua on the wings with little chance of a game.

Much better to have him playing regularly.
              Agree, I can see the concern but he'll be getting matches week in, week out there, while getting odd bench appearances here.

It's a bit different with Doughty, Furlong etc as we don't have as much depth. Doughty is gonna be rotating regularly with Manning, Luongo, Goss and Cousins when he returns as part of a pair. Shodipo is only ever taking that left side spot.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Of all the business made so far, the permanent signing of Pawel is the most satisfactory. He is just brilliant and seems to like playing for us.

Comment

Caulker apparently will go to russia in march until may and i doubt he'll be allowed to play for us up until march.
                  Gotta say that this window has been cracking so far, really loving the shrewd signings that have been made especially wzolek and potentially morrison. We've got rid of dead wood, brought in promising new signings AND made a huge profit this window, what more could you ask for?! I know one things for sure and thats that i cannot wait until im next at loftus road!! Would love to be able to catch the game tomorrow but im on a train to florence during the game

Comment

Hope she's worth it

Comment

It's been alluded to above, but to reiterate the point, Shodipo needs to learn about the defensive part of his game. Whether employed as a winger or a wing back, his defensive qualities leave a lot to be desired. Not criticising him because he is a prospect but you need that side to your game in the role he plays.

As for the work done in this transfer window, it's been really decent and it's nice to see people giving the board and DoF some credit. A week ago people were ranting that the Board were effectively asset striping view to selling up, but I think this window really just re-endorses the noises that have been coming out of the Club for months - we have to become a realistic and financially prudent outfit
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                        It's been alluded to above, but to reiterate the point, Shodipo needs to learn about the defensive part of his game. Whether employed as a winger or a wing back, his defensive qualities leave a lot to be desired. Not criticising him because he is a prospect but you need that side to your game in the role he plays.

As for the work done in this transfer window, it's been really decent and it's nice to see people giving the board and DoF some credit. A week ago people were ranting that the Board were effectively asset striping view to selling up, but I think this window really just re-endorses the noises that have been coming out of the Club for months - we have to become a realistic and financially prudent outfit

still not satisfied with the striker situation.

think we done that on the cheap but hope the big lump proves me wrong.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I get that hits and agree that we haven't really sorted it - but look at the reality of getting a "decent" striker in this window. The Rhodes price tag, the McCormick wages etc etc.................We can't (and shouldn't) spend like that because we don't have the resources. So, thinking back a week or so, Ollie made it quite clear that he was sticking with Washington and that is probably a lot of the reason why we bought the big man from the fools: to accommodate Washington and make him the focal point, without having to spend a fortune.
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            still not satisfied with the striker situation.

think we done that on the cheap but hope the big lump proves me wrong.
                            This lacks ambition which does not surprise me.

Think Smith is a good signing but need Washington to step up if they play as a pair.

As much as i would like Washington to do so i dont think he is up to it so
                            once again the real problem has not been addressed but hopefully i am proved wrong

Comment

I also think Ravel will score a few as he did last time so we may be ok up top.

Comment

All in all a great window - well chuffed with the club.
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X