No announcement yet.

The best midfielder in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair Nas he could only get better in the 2nd half as he was shocking. I always liked him but he just does not influence games in the way he should.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Maybe Nas. But with one bloke continuously making them, it doesn't help.
      What and Luongo makes those mistakes regularly? He made one error yesterday in not tracking the run of the striker and that is in part because there would have been no way he would have gotten to it even if he did, he's not got the speed that their guy does. It's that simple really, he closed him and made it difficult. Furlong gave the guy a bit too much space and Doughty who was actually the man initially marking the scorer just stood there instead of covering any potential movements.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        To be fair Nas he could only get better in the 2nd half as he was shocking. I always liked him but he just does not influence games in the way he should.
        It's not the way he should, it's the way you want someone to. Luongo, as I've said many times is deployed defensively. Making 5 interceptions, 4 tackles, 6 aerial duel wins shows that he's influencing the game how he should. What we want is Ravel to come in and influence the game the way you want someone to. It's not Luongo's main job to influence the game that way, he's influenced it in a positive manner the way he is asked to: By defending and breaking down attacks and carrying the ball from defence
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nas with respect that is rubbish as that boy has the ability and game to dominate that rubbish that we played yesterday. Sorry but goes missing too often and especially when we are in trouble like yesterday. I always defended him but think we are at a crossroads with him and would assume he will be benched for the new boy Goss.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            See now that's how you choose to perceive him. I went to the match, watched every minute of it and didn't look at the stats till after. He had a poor first half but was much much better in the second and the stats backed that. I see that as something important, when you have the data on your side, it tends to validate the statement.
            Stats aside you think he had a good game then? Ie. Before you saw the stats he was decent? It's not a personal attack Nas. I just think he's rubbish

Comment

Nas quoted:- "I think that stats help so much, you won't see everything, you'll naturally react to something bad and remember it more than you remember something good. Your eyes are linked to your memory and if you are disappointed at an event, your memory will highlight that as a big thing while ignoring all else!"

Again a load of rubbish, maybe for someone whos not too football savvy, but you dont judge everything on one player at just one occassion, you build the knowlege up by watching and learning!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Stupid if you just look at stats and go "welp, thats 100% accurate and reflects how well someone played!!" Im a fan of mass but yes he was crap yesterday, shocking first half and ok in the second half but still made mistakes. I dont give a crud about stats say about him yesterday because theres no two ways about it, he was very bad and if you look at stats and take them as gospel everytime you need to get your head checked

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  What and Luongo makes those mistakes regularly? He made one error yesterday in not tracking the run of the striker and that is in part because there would have been no way he would have gotten to it even if he did, he's not got the speed that their guy does. It's that simple really, he closed him and made it difficult. Furlong gave the guy a bit too much space and Doughty who was actually the man initially marking the scorer just stood there instead of covering any potential movements.

Do believe he didnt track his man against brighton away!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    Do believe he didnt track his man against brighton away!
                    Because he's got no engine or ability to recover. You look at really decent players in this league shelvey cairney they get up and down there proper box to box Mass struggles to do box to half way line.

For professional footballer He looks fat and plays like he's fat would be interesting to see his conditioning stats

Comment

Not anywhere near that horrible Stephens at Brighton either.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Because he's got no engine or ability to recover. You look at really decent players in this league shelvey cairney they get up and down there proper box to box Mass struggles to do box to half way line.

For professional footballer He looks fat and plays like he's fat would be interesting to see his conditioning stats
                        I agree westy, i was merely just pointing out to nas who was saying he doesnt often make that error! i agree i always thought he looks dead on his feet when trying to recover/get back! noticed it loads!

Comment

Despite Nas's insistance on him being a defensive midfielder him not tracking back would suggest otherwise

Comment

Creates little and hasn't scored a goal so not exacting an attacking plus either

Comment

Where does he play for Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

To be Honest West Loungo is nowhere near Cairney and Shelvey, unfair comparison. They are players that are capable of Playing in the EPL, Loungo is miles away.
                                C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Working...
                                X