Sylla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    Players at any club have too much power and rows always become public (Costa and Payet for example.)
    Was Sylla upset when he was brought off because he wanted to continue playing, or was it because he felt he was too important to be subbed?
    I see what you mean, jmelanie. But anyway; Let`s hope Ollie knows how to "man-manage" and thus(?) handle all the different personalities in his squad.
    Last edited by Shania; 19-01-2017, 09:12 PM.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

I felt sorry for sylla watching the game the other night some of the balls played into him were very poor,we need to show a bit more composure on the ball instead of rushing our passes to strikers up front.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        don't know why Sylla's action has been deemed negative. I thought at the time, well done mate. We need more with that attitude
        could not agree more. Last five years we have had players picking up big dough and not caring less if they played or not now their getting dug out for actually wanting to play for the badge

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          IH covers it during his press conference pre-Fulham.

All he said was that when a player is taken off, he should accept the managers decision as anything else is disrespectful not only to the manager but also the player coming on.

He did go on to say however, which is extremely encouraging, that this is his environment and players will need to accept it or jog on.
          Reasonable from IH in many ways, but hang on a second here, Sylla is QPR's top scorer and tbh should not be asked to run the channels but instead get into the area to get on the end of crosses to score goals.
          Also suggesting that he can move on, when the club have no other centre forwards of any worth is imo stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
            he hardly had a hissy fit! he showed disappointment at coming off when e was playing well.. if you read the comments on the match thread most on here thought it was the wrong decision at the time too and thought it was mackie who was flagging a bit. Players do it all the time...and the managers don't come out and coat them off to the press. express your disappointment to the player but don't the go and brag to the press. I love ollie but sometimes he gets to Media luvvy for his own good!
            This.
            Keep it private IH.
            Ffs you are the manager and should know how to treat incidents like this. Wenger does and dealt with Sanchez in a diplomatic manner.
            As I said earlier, IH has valid points, but so does Sylla, as he wanted to stay on and perhaps score that 2nd goal.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              This.
              Keep it private IH.
              Ffs you are the manager and should know how to treat incidents like this. Wenger does and dealt with Sanchez in a diplomatic manner.
              As I said earlier, IH has valid points, but so does Sylla, as he wanted to stay on and perhaps score that 2nd goal.
              Who's the manager Sylla or Holloway?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                Who's the manager Sylla or Holloway?
                Both. Henceforth they shall be known as Syllyway. Or Holla. Take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  Both. Henceforth they shall be known as Syllyway. Or Holla. Take your pick.
                  I quite like Holla.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    could not agree more. Last five years we have had players picking up big dough and not caring less if they played or not now their getting dug out for actually wanting to play for the badge
                    Maybe he should learn English so he can actually communicate?
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Like a couple have mentioned I think it was the wrong decision to take him off and it should have been Mackie, as after that as I said to a mate at the time, we no longer had a target who could hold up the ball and take the pressure off a bit more...but we won so who cares.

Just think things like this need to be kept in house, all Ollie had to say is that there wasn't a problem and things have been sorted behind closed doors.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Maybe he is do you know he's not?? Anyway bit off topic

Comment

We signed him in full knowledge of his language capabilities. He's our best striker and has been playing well. Irrespective of all that what is the purpose of announcing this to the press? Other than another Ollie sound bite.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Maybe he is do you know he's not?? Anyway bit off topic
                            How is it off topic, look he's been here long enough to learn the language. Its crucial and very much on topic.
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

How is it off topic, look he's been here long enough to learn the language. Its crucial and very much on topic.
                              You really are a troll WeAre enjoy your day son

Comment

whether he speaks english well or not has nothing to do with whether he wants to play for us or anything to do with this reaction when he went off the pitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X