Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Club & Fan Group Disagreement re Stan Bowles Benefit - Game vs Bournemouth Jul 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You could make this whole thing up! Only at Rangers could this happen

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      You could make this whole thing up! Only at Rangers could this happen
      Cant se to many clubs doing anything for gazza or samson, so its not only here mate.
      Don't forget he had a stan day last season

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Cant se to many clubs doing anything for gazza or samson, so its not only here mate.
        Don't forget he had a stan day last season
        Both of them made big money and p*ssed it up a wall. Not the same thing is it? Bowles retited in the early 80's, just as players were starting to earn decent money!

This atricle is a bit old, but it will give you an idea of the gulf between what players earned back in the day compared to now.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/...-wages-200101/

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Both of them made big money and p*ssed it up a wall. Not the same thing is it? Bowles retited in the early 80's, just as players were starting to earn decent money!

This atricle is a bit old, but it will give you an idea of the gulf between what players earned back in the day compared to now.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/...-wages-200101/
          Skint is skint no matter what you had or have spunked up the wall. Dont see your point.
          Suffer Kenny you mug cos you done more dough than our Stan.
          It will be sorted and the owners have done a lot for him already.

Comment

Skint is skint no matter what you had or have spunked up the wall. Dont see your point.
            Suffer Kenny you mug cos you done more dough than our Stan.
            It will be sorted and the owners have done a lot for him already.
            I'm just saying that clubs owe a debt to influential players from back in the day. More so than players in recent years who were rewarded handsomely for their troubles.

Comment

• Dave Thomas is going blind aint he?
              When will people start a campaign for a match for him?
              Its such a difficult one cos youset a precedent, clubs probably better off just giving stan another few quid

Comment

• Now I'm new to properly supporting QPR (I'm a rugby league man at heart, but back in 2006 when Australia advanced in the World Cup the whole country was football crazy, and suddenly everyone was a lifelong diehard fan of an English club they'd seemingly never mentioned before. Now me, never really caring too much for the sport, never had a team but I got caught up in the excitement and decided to join in. I ended up picking QPR because I liked their name and jersey design plus they had similar colours to my NRL team (Black, White and Blue). You can imagine everyone's response at school when I told them my team was QPR (I believe Brisbane's signature would add insight). Years passed and if anyone asked i'd say QPR was my team and I would occasionally look online to see how we were going. Halfway thru 2014 I see that Foxtel's showing every Premier League game live, Google to see if we got promoted (we obviously had) so I decided to start tuning in and watching our games. Got really into it and a few months later I found this site, joined, and the rest is history) but even I know who Stan Bowls is and how important he is to the clubs history. He's currently battling a terrible disease and he's low on cash, I can see why the club should help him...

HOWEVER, I can understand why the club reluctant to help. It does open this door for other past players to come to the club asking for help. This was going to end with bad PR for the club no matter what. Either they do as they have done and just say no, or they say yes to Bowls and when other past players come and ask for help the club will either have to fork out money for them, or say no to them which will start this whole 'they helped him but won't help me' fiasco.
                Last edited by Ranger-JimBob; 12-01-2017, 01:45 PM.
                Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Dave Thomas is going blind aint he?
                  Its such a difficult one cos youset a precedent, clubs probably better off just giving stan another few quid
                  That's a fair point!

Comment

Ian Gillard is going blind aint he?
                    Don't you mean Dave Thomas? The club have supported his charity for guide dogs.

Comment

• QPR support his charity actually. Don't see Dave Thomas's face all over merchandise or people talking of his amazing football when you watch football shows or read of the old days. Stan was an icon for QPR. It's just the way it is.

Comment

Dave Thomas is going blind aint he?
                        Maybe there should be a charitable group set up (not PFA) at Qpr for old players/staff who have fallen on tough times and need a bit of help. I dunno, but the current situation where the club can't help it's greatest ever player in his time of need is a bit #### IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          Maybe there should be a charitable group set up (not PFA) at Qpr for old players/staff who have fallen on tough times and need a bit of help. I dunno, but the current situation where the club can't help it's greatest ever player in his time of need is a bit #### IMO.
                          It's not even that hard to implement either. Put in exsisting players/staff contracts 1% of wages will be put aside into a fund and that will be pooled to help those that have fallen on tough times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            QPR support his charity actually. Don't see Dave Thomas's face all over merchandise or people talking of his amazing football when you watch football shows or read of the old days. Stan was an icon for QPR. It's just the way it is.
                            I agree with this. As said earlier, As the club's greatest ever player, Stan is a unique and exceptional case, who essentially put the club on the map.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Don't you mean Dave Thomas? The club have supported his charity for guide dogs.
                              Edited before the thity second edit embargo if you look again....... Bloody hell your on me aint ya.

Comment

Edited before the thity second edit embargo if you look again....... Bloody hell your on me aint ya.
                                Sorry Kevin. Honestly never noticed that mate. Anyway, the club have supported Dave Thomas' charity.

Comment

Working...
                                X