What is it about jimmy floyd??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    All a bit strange Tarbie as clearly we were paying unsustainable wages and the length of contracts were what killed us. Fernandes was heavily involved in all the big signings early doors so he has to shoulder 90% of the blame. The bit I am puzzled by is why has he now gone into a shell and hid away? Loves a tweet about a manager and also loved a press conference with a new signing so where does he stand now with regards to QPR FC?
    It's true isn't it? How could he ever think that kind of spending was sustainable? Unless he actually thought we'd qualify for the Champions League within a few years?!!

I think him and the board are stuck between a rock and a hard place now. Having "written off" all this money, but actually from what I've been told they are being paid back some of it slowly (apparently it is there plain to see in the annual accounts). They're tied to the club if they ever want to recoup anything, but they are reluctant to invest what is required to get us back into the big money league!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 09-01-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      It's been pretty well documented that Jimmy was not given much backing in the transfer market. Plenty of his targets were knocked back by Les, and likewise, some of Les' targets were knocked back by Lee Hoos. End result, an unbalanced squad.

What Jimmy definitely did wrong was let go of all of our leaders without bringing in players capable of leading and influencing.

As for the style of play, yeah it was rubbish. But with hindsight, I believe Jimmy's tactic was not to give too much away first and foremost. He'd sooner win a game ugly than play expansive football and lose by the odd goal. Really boring for the fans but it was a tactic that I'm sure would have kept us in the division, I'm not sure that we can say the same now (the next few games will tell).

My overwhelming feeling about the last 18 months is, I wonder what might have been if Jimmy was backed as well as previous managers in the transfer market!
      Agree with this in general with regards to what you're saying. With the last point, I reckon Jimmy would have spent on a better forward as he could actually afford to get someone quality in up there. Spending 2-3mil on a striker won't do anymore if you want true long term trusted class. We did bl 00dy well with the Sylla deal getting him for as cheap as we did because he looks like he has some class to him. Ollie will have a hard time if he gets the money JFH did and I think it's a damn shame Jimmy didn't get cash to spend as we would be doing much, much better if he did.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Eggs in one basket then? OOC is what they need to get themself out of trouble. We are kind of ####ed as a football club if what you say is true. Never wanted Ollie but think he has been turned over by Fernandes and Co as cannot see them parting with any wedge this window.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Agree with this in general with regards to what you're saying. With the last point, I reckon Jimmy would have spent on a better forward as he could actually afford to get someone quality in up there. Spending 2-3mil on a striker won't do anymore if you want true long term trusted class. We did bl 00dy well with the Sylla deal getting him for as cheap as we did because he looks like he has some class to him. Ollie will have a hard time if he gets the money JFH did and I think it's a damn shame Jimmy didn't get cash to spend as we would be doing much, much better if he did.
          I'm pretty sure he wanted Adam Le Fondre but Les blocked it.

Comment

The fact that Tony was in Malaysia during most of the transfer window was also a hinderance. That`s why Lee Hoos has been promoted, I presume.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

I'm pretty sure he wanted Adam Le Fondre but Les blocked it.
              http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport...inand-12313546

Les reckons he was in for Gray, either hes making up stories, there isnt the money or he's getting blocked....

Comment

Fernandes has only been away during transfer windows since the spending has been cut. 2 years ago this window was the first nail in the coffin as failing to rubber stamp the Defoe deal was the one that sent us down.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                  http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport...inand-12313546

Les reckons he was in for Gray, either hes making up stories, there isnt the money or he's getting blocked....
                  He says there wasn't the money, that's fair.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

To be fair tho Tony has employed bircham to as a human post for the dugout I don't think any other club has a human post so that sign he willing too spend

Comment

Would rather someone or something that is useful

Comment

One thing nobody has mention, when he was sacked JFH had about a month left on his rolling contract. Is it possible he wanted a new contract with more money because I honestly think he believed he was doing a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          Jimmy lovers? What the hell are you on about? There are a few sensible posts in this thread, but yours isn't one of them. There aren't any 'Jimmy lovers' on this forum, but I suppose in your mind it balances out your rose-tinted view of Ian Holloway. Tarbie makes some excellent points. I suggest you re-read his post. It typifies the fairly balanced views I've read on here in regard to JFH since his departure. It feels to me like you're trying to draw the flak away from Holloway every time you make a post like this.

Lololol dear me hubble calm down ffs, was said in jest old dear bit too sensitive me old flower & what the hell are you on about trying to draw the flak away from ollie?! lol, wew`ve won the last two league games unless you hadnt noticed

I had posted this thread as i cannot understand a few on here who keep harping on about how jimmy wouldnt of got us in this mess, yet its his players he signed, even if it was les that signed them he shouldnt of agreed and stood his ground!

Now what thats goto do with drawing flak away from ollie i really havnt a clue what youre on about tbh!
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

This is exactly the point Pinkie and probably a huge factor in why we haven't been attracting the right sort of manager in recent years. I mean what top manager wants to come to a Championship side and report to a Director of Football with no prior experience in a DOF role? Not to mention the fact that we probably can't afford to pay a top managers salary as we have Les and Lee Hoos on the payroll.

That said, I understand how we've ended up here. Tony Fernandes saw hundreds of millions of shareholders money pi#$ed up a wall by Hughes and Redknapp prior to adopting a DOF set up. The truth is though it makes little sense for a small club like us to employ such a set-up, the only reason it's required is because Tony hasn't got a clue himself!

I agree with you tarbie and we certainly wont attract top managers if this settup carries on, but then again we`re not a top club so how can we expect to attract the top managers, but i agree with you, and i know your not a ollie fan, but really hope he brings back the happy times!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                              Maybe Pinkie is actually Ollie? I have tried reading his posts in a Bristol accent but still cant be certain
                              Haha that made me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                I agree with you tarbie and we certainly wont attract top managers if this settup carries on
                                What top managers like Redknapp and Hughes were before us? Thank fck we can't !

Comment

Working...
                                X