Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norths View Post
    Cant apply that logic to all players.
    It's like saying Bosingwa should have been good for us just because Nelsen was. Defoe was a success in this country to begin with. Consistent goalscorer. Rodallega only really did it for one season.

Another thing, west ham are being cheap with their £6m bid for the boy. As if Sunderland are gonna admit defeat in their battle against relegation at that price. Doubt they'd sell for anything below 20.
    Of course not, but he's younger than Defoe and could still have 2-3 good seasons. Like Furlong had. Don't just look at his age.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      We are watching QPR in the Championship.
      I meant to add not

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
        I think Defoe would have come here if Harry would have got the money.
        But why didnt he get the money.
        Staying up was worth 10 times the money it would have cost to buy him.

Obviously there is no gaurantee he would have kept QPR up, but they were not cut adrift as in 2013. Instead were in the mix with about 6 other sides.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Obviously there is no gaurantee he would have kept QPR up, but they were not cut adrift as in 2013. Instead were in the mix with about 6 other sides.
          You dont half talk a load of boll ocks. How you can think Harry redchapp could of ever of kept us up is pretty ridiculous.
          The bloke was past it/finished, and should of been retired years ago.
          Kept looking at his little black book, that had some players old enough to collect their pension.
          Why didn't he get the money, just take a look at portsmouth my friend and thank god the owners arent as daft as you!
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Fans had turned against him and Tony listened to them.
            I think we would have had a good chance to stay in the Premier league with Defoe. People give stick to Harry, but wasn't his fault Remy promised to stay in the club but changed his mind one hour before window closed.

Comment

I think we would have had a good chance to stay in the Premier league with Defoe. People give stick to Harry, but wasn't his fault Remy promised to stay in the club but changed his mind one hour before window closed.
              More like Les turned against Harry and Tony listened to him (plus he almost certainly read the message boards too). We weren't that bad in that season. A couple of signings would have kept us up, with the massive increase in TV revenues as the carrot....but maybe Tony's nerve and probably his money finally ran out and Les's lets spend less mantra appealed. But Tony is the total master of the wrong decision - he has no rival - maybe the board should listen to him then do totally the opposite.

Comment

No doubt Defoe would have given us a better chance (pretty obvious statement as proven goalscorer at that level)

However, the whole mess was down to Remy leaving is ridiculous. Redknapp was a god awful manager and full of sh*t. People don't give him enough stick.
                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                  No doubt Defoe would have given us a better chance (pretty obvious statement as proven goalscorer at that level)

However, the whole mess was down to Remy leaving is ridiculous. Redknapp was a god awful manager and full of sh*t. People don't give him enough stick.
                  Totally agree but the papers and media love him, even got his own column and always a pundit. Bloke became an awful awful manager and his only good years which are being shown up a little at current were at spurs. Some people just want to dismiss, all the other clubs he ruined.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Absolute B@//@x when you look at what we've had since
                    Certainly a disappointment but these views are an exaggeration
                    The main man that got relegated with his constant fark ups was Caulker during the 1st half of the season , I don't care one way or the other about H R but but know we would have stood a far better chance of staying up had he stayed for the rest of the season , then ### could have had his say
                    Last edited by dogsrrs; 05-01-2017, 05:03 PM.

Comment

It wasn't only the transfer fee but also the wages. We already had a lot of players on high wages and we couldn't really add to that.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                        It wasn't only the transfer fee but also the wages. We already had a lot of players on high wages and we couldn't really add to that.
                        The players H R signed We're on reduced wages from the previous singings made by Hughs I've said this many times H R did not sign the players or agree their wages or the length of contracts nor did he do the medicles the same applies to Hugh's , you have to look at Phill Beard and the board for that you have to

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          Absolute B@//@x when you look at what we've had since
                          Certainly a disappointment but these views are an exaggeration
                          The main man that got relegated with his constant fark ups was Caulker during the 1st half of the season , I don't care one way or the other about H R but but know we would have stood a far better chance of staying up had he stayed for the rest of the season , then ### could have had his say
                          Blaming it on Caulker??? Come on now.

Redknapp didn't want to stay because he threw his toys out his pram because he has a track record of recruiting poorly and we wouldn't let him do it again and faked a knee operation which he never had!

Comment

The players H R signed We're on reduced wages from the previous singings made by Hughs I've said this many times H R did not sign the players or agree their wages or the length of contracts nor did he do the medicles the same applies to Hugh's , you have to look at Phill Beard and the board for that you have to
                            Sandro and Kranjcar and you're saying Redknapp didnt sign them?

Comment

Blaming it on Caulker??? Come on now.

Redknapp didn't want to stay because he threw his toys out his pram because he has a track record of recruiting poorly and we wouldn't let him do it again and faked a knee operation which he never had!
                              CJ you believe what you want but saying Caulkers Fark ups hadn't thrown away about 6 points leads me to believe you didn't see much of our religation season he gifts Liverpool 3 points at home , he was forced out by your now great dof he never made one signing he asked the players he wanted to be signed

Comment

CJ you believe what you want but saying Caulkers Fark ups hadn't thrown away about 6 points leads me to believe you didn't see much of our religation season he gifts Liverpool 3 points at home , he was forced out by your now great dof he never made one signing he asked the players he wanted to be signed
                                I'm not denying Caulker was very poor? I'm saying to blame it on him is ridiculous. Would the proper utilization of Vargas or not getting rid of Danny Simpson to play 3 a the back and scrapping that system after one game had more of an effect on relegation than Caulker? Redknapp was rightly not allowed to sign his own players case and point Ferdinand Kranjcar and Sandro

Anyway, Rodallega, yay or nay? Should probably stay on topic

Comment

Working...
                                X