Worst QPR side in years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
    A fairly limited squad that he put together?
    Exactly what I was thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      The problem there is your premise of the JFH comparison falls apart because that's not an accurate assessment of Ollie's first 3 games. So far we've only been poor in the Ipswich game. Norwich was very encouraging, and Wolves was a write off once we'd gone done to 10 men (and thus unfair to criticise the manager). Up to that point we were doing well, and unlucky at the end not to get an equaliser.
      We must have watched two different home games Stan as we struggled second half against Norwich who out played us with ten men (we were very good first half I was really excited by that) and wolves I thought we were on back foot from kick off and not half as good as some Are making out

In my view people are so keen for Holloway to be a success there unwilling to see things/performances are as bad as they were under JFH and as I said before had second half against Norwich been him or Ipswich then would have been threads of drossball etc but because it's Ollie let's turn a blind eye we done ok

Wolves excuse was we had ten men!!!!! Did we not have ten men against forest out play them and get back in the game??

Fans have to be consistent in views

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        We must have watched two different home games Stan as we struggled second half against Norwich who out played us with ten men (we were very good first half I was really excited by that) and wolves I thought we were on back foot from kick off and not half as good as some Are making out

In my view people are so keen for Holloway to be a success there unwilling to see things/performances are as bad as they were under JFH and as I said before had second half against Norwich been him or Ipswich then would have been threads of drossball etc but because it's Ollie let's turn a blind eye we done ok

Wolves excuse was we had ten men!!!!! Did we not have ten men against forest out play them and get back in the game??

Fans have to be consistent in views
        Not all.

Comment

Gordon bennett mate youre n arf going on, 3 games in for ollie, youll be having abit of egg on youre face if he starts doing well wont you! we`ve played much better and much more positive than most of jfhs games put together, maybe you want super jimmy back maybe! but our performances are bound to have the negative slumps in them in games as thats been drilled into them by the twaat jfh!
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            The problem with that is your premise of the JFH comparison falls apart because that's not an accurate assessment of Ollie's first 3 games. So far we've only been poor in the Ipswich game. Norwich was very encouraging, and Wolves was a write off once we'd gone done to 10 men (and thus unfair to criticise the manager). Up to that point we were doing well, and unlucky at the end not to get an equaliser.
            Tbf Stan, If Wolves was a write off due to going down to 10 men then surely Norwich should be considered similarly as they were down to 10 after 1 minute, thus leaving the Ipswich game....

Comment

Totally missed the point Pinks and I put it on record now I want Ollie to do well I like the guy and he needs time as as a few have said loads needs doing. All I'm saying and have in other threads is if the second half against Norwich or the whole game against Ipswich was JFH it would have been deemed as unacceptable; is that a fair view??

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                Tbf Stan, If Wolves was a write off due to going down to 10 men then surely Norwich should be considered similarly as they were down to 10 after 1 minute, thus leaving the Ipswich game....
                Exactly. They were #### performances no harm in saying it probably better to acknowledge it and do something about it then pretend things were actually better then they were

Comment

Totally missed the point Pinks and I put it on record now I want Ollie to do well I like the guy and he needs time as as a few have said loads needs doing. All I'm saying and have in other threads is if the second half against Norwich or the whole game against Ipswich was JFH it would have been deemed as unacceptable; is that a fair view??
                  Sorry acton i presumed you wasnt keen on ollie from things youve been saying since day 1! thing is its not a fair view, as jfh isnt fit to tie ollies laces and ollies been in charge three games! theres already a big difference in how we`re trying to play, and in jimmys total tenure day1 was the same at the end of his tenure! so to me theres no comparision! & our players are showing a fight already for ollie even if it took him nearly having a heart attack on the touchline!
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I think that's a fair view. We're all behind Olly 100%, but that doesn't mean we have to wear rose-tinted specs. We're pretty crap at the moment, no point in hiding it. Olly's got his work cut out, that's for sure. He may well be the right man for the job. Too early to tell. I'm happy he has the freedom and confidence to experiment with players and formations, but he's going to have to be careful if we start to flirt with relegation. He then may resort to a pragmatic, safety first approach - AKA drossball. We'll soon see I guess.
                    Last edited by Hubble; 04-12-2016, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I think MYU said in other thread he would not have been my number one choice I won't be two faced and say he was but I like him. I was upstairs at Hillsborough when he got us up how can I not like the guy. I can see his appointment working and hope it does but it just seems if you say anything which is critical of him it upsets a few.

If a performance is s hite it's s hite don't matter if it's JFH Ollie Warnock or Redknapp in charge and we should just be honest and say such. I'm on board now with Ollie but that don't mean I will put the Rose tinted glasses on. He's seen through Cousins early doors and dropped him so fair play needs to give Chery same treatment for Saturday then we may be in business

Comment

I'd be amazed if Ollie can turn this bunch around before the new year , he's got to find his best starting 11 and stick with them if that means playing Henry , Mackie and the other lad from Swindon live with it

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          I'd be amazed if Ollie can turn this bunch around before the new year , he's got to find his best starting 11 and stick with them if that means playing Henry , Mackie and the other lad from Swindon live with it
                          Unfortunately sicknote can't help us from the injury table.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            Unfortunately sicknote can't help us from the injury table.
                            You know what I meant Jimbo ! But I suspect he could be wheeled out on a stretcher and still put more into a game than our 2 so called stars did on Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              You know what I meant Jimbo ! But I suspect he could be wheeled out on a stretcher and still put more into a game than our 2 so called stars did on Thursday
                              I was just ribbing mate. Make you right too.

Comment

We must have watched two different home games Stan as we struggled second half against Norwich who out played us with ten men (we were very good first half I was really excited by that)
                                Nope, we were watching the same game Wests. The point is against Norwich we kept them out and held on for the victory. They were always going to have a spell where they came back into the game, that's normal and to be expected as they were desperate for a share of the points too.

and wolves I thought we were on back foot from kick off and not half as good as some Are making out
                                Until the sending off there'd been chances at both ends. No way did they have the upper hand IMO.

In my view people are so keen for Holloway to be a success there unwilling to see things/performances are as bad as they were under JFH
                                Wests, the problem is you seem unwilling to give Ollie a chance after only three games. As Jimmy Rabbit says, you have to give any new manager the license and the time to experiment and try things out a bit whilst he's assessing his squad. Therefore for you to constantly compare him to JFH is illogical and unreasonable. You're a great poster usually, so it surprises me you're struggling to grasp such a basic point.

In this day and age for many fans to show a new manager some time and patience I do understand can be an alien concept, but that certainly doesn't negate the fact that this is precisely what fans need to show Holloway. If they do not then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, and it will become an absolute certainty that he will never succeed. The way some people are judging him so harshly after just 3 games only confirms to me their own blind-spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X