X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Damian Delaney would fit the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      I actually find myself wondering how on earth some of these players made it as pros.

Can you imagine how bad the lesser talented ones that didn't must have been?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        Just nothing about this team in any way shape or form.

Very poor all over the park tonight bar Smithies who is magnificent.

5 goals conceded in two games. Olly has a lot of hard work on his hands.
        Olly got more than hard work on his hands but i think the challenge will be one that he is willing to take on head to head, unfortunately i don't think the same can be said for the majority of the players.

we got a decent keeper (thankfully) we desperately need a captain as I'm not convinced by ned. we need if sandro staying to get the guy fit. The poles need a chance as at present from what I've seen from most others they deserve one as there no need to leave them out on performances elsewhere.

i don't think we need one striker we need 2. Polter is complete pony and washington is league 1.

I said before the season kicked off we would struggle this year for goals and be in a relegation battle and things aint got better i just hope there are 3 teams worse than us in may

Comment

As a group of players they are all generally at a poor level so no real surprise we are rubbish.
          Historically as a club when we've done well it's generally down to an individual whose transformed matters resulting in lesser players being transformed. RM, SB, SLF, AT and even recently Cisse, Remy and Austin gave us glimpses of hope in an otherwise poor team.
          Can't blame Ollie for being given a team with not one good player, with the potential of being a game changer. Result is we either find a gem or he's got to get a system for these limited individuals, the latters gonna take time if it even happens. Just get used to following the club in a barren era is my take.
          Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 04-12-2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
            Olly got more than hard work on his hands but i think the challenge will be one that he is willing to take on head to head, unfortunately i don't think the same can be said for the majority of the players.

we got a decent keeper (thankfully) we desperately need a captain as I'm not convinced by ned. we need if sandro staying to get the guy fit. The poles need a chance as at present from what I've seen from most others they deserve one as there no need to leave them out on performances elsewhere.

i don't think we need one striker we need 2. Polter is complete pony and washington is league 1.

I said before the season kicked off we would struggle this year for goals and be in a relegation battle and things aint got better i just hope there are 3 teams worse than us in may
            Agree with almost all of that mate and I too was very vocal about our lack of goals in this side.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
              As a group of players they are all generally at a poor level so no real surprise we are rubbish.
              Historically as a club when we've done well it's generally down to an individual whose transformed matters resulting in lesser players being transformed. RM, SB, SLF, AT and even recently Cisse, Remy and Austin gave us glimpses of hope in an otherwise poor team.
              Can't blame Ollie for being given a team with not one good player, with the potential of being a game changer. Result is we either find a gem or he's got to get a system for these limited individuals, the latters gonna take time if it even happens. Just get used to following the club in a barren era is my take.
              Agree again! Good points.

Comment

I hope this thread puts JFH's tenure into perspective. We're now seeing - perhaps - why he played the formations and players he did. Because he thought it was the best he could do with a fairly limited squad. And he wasn't that far wrong, was he? Olly's 3 games so far have shown all the new manager bounce of a dead cat (lucky-ish first game apart). Clearly it's going to take a long time, a lot of patience or a hell of a lot of money, to put this right.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  I hope this thread puts JFH's tenure into perspective. We're now seeing - perhaps - why he played the formations and players he did. Because he thought it was the best he could do with a fairly limited squad. And he wasn't that far wrong, was he? Olly's 3 games so far have shown all the new manager bounce of a dead cat (lucky-ish first game apart). Clearly it's going to take a long time, a lot of patience or a hell of a lot of money, to put this right.

Comment

Cracking post

Comment

The problem there is your premise of the JFH comparison falls apart because that's not an accurate assessment of Ollie's first 3 games. So far we've only been poor in the Ipswich game. Norwich was very encouraging, and Wolves was a write off once we'd gone done to 10 men (and thus unfair to criticise the manager). Up to that point we were doing well, and unlucky at the end not to get an equaliser.

Comment

A fairly limited squad that he put together?

Comment

Let's stop the panic, we lost the last match because we went down to 10 men. Ollie would've had 2 wins and a loss but we got unlucky.

We have to give him time and get behind him right now, we will get better and better with each game.

People saying that the players we have are not good enough, if they read that it isn't helping us.

I do think they are good enough, let Ollie do his work and they will prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            Let's stop the panic, we lost the last match because we went down to 10 men. Ollie would've had 2 wins and a loss but we got unlucky.

We have to give him time and get behind him right now, we will get better and better with each game.

People saying that the players we have are not good enough, if they read that it isn't helping us.

Exactly. Well said. Far too much panic, over-reaction and trying to be wise after the event on here. It's VERY VERY early days with Ollie.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Absolute tosh PEOPLE SAYING THE PLAYERS WE HAVE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH IF THEY READ THAT IT ISNT HELPING US well I think in that case they've read enough of them being good players Chery Luongo just to name the most praised and that hasn't helped has it ? When you look at the way we've lost in some games and some of the teams we've lost to ,I for one think these people who take a wage each week need to look at their selves and realise they have a duty to play for their manager and fans , these fragile little dears you want to protect from us nasty fans cricitism need to man up and earn our praise

Comment

Nowhere near our worst team IMO at least ability wise. I have seen QPR sides that couldn't string a pass together.

Comment

Working...
                                X