May I be the first to congratulate Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Whats desperate about it 73? Ollie is the only one out of all candidates that actually loves us! & like van says has learnt alot since he was last with us, even did well in the prem with blackpool & atleast he likes having a go, something we havnt done for ages!
    I love us but that wouldnt make me a good manager ,,,, who cares if its a QPR person or not ....

I wanted the best manager for the job and unfortunately IMO Ollie is not that person ... We are regressing 15 years

The 'heady' days of the premiership seem a distant blur ...

Best we get the buckets out again from the refurbed toilet block in Ellerslie ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      Okay, has everyone vented their spleen?

So, we await official confirmation. An unexpected appointment, I think we can all agree. If it is Holloway, after all, then I'm sure all of us will wish him the absolute best. What will happen remains to be seen. It feels like yet another moment at the top of a curve on the QPR rollercoaster. I suppose you could say at least it's exciting, if not fraught with concern and questions and, understandably, a measure of disbelief.

It kind of feels like I've walked into an episode of the Twilight Zone, especially with the news Marc Bircham is to come back as well.. Memories of Olly's last tenure have come flooding back. Mostly they were good times (I will only mention Vauxhall Motors and leave it at that), and at their peak they were great times - for me, amongst the greatest. The 03/04 season when we got promoted at Hillsborough was an incredible ride. The open bus tour afters and all of us packed into the Bush Ranger - up on the balcony we sang and it was a joyful time to be a Ranger.

But how the world has moved on since those days! We are all much older, hopefully wiser, and our club has been through several at times convulsive transformations. The club Olly is returning to is a very different one to the one he left. How he will fit in an how he will grasp the QPR nettle remains to be seen. So, we take a collective deep breath, and begin all over again.....
      Hear hear - All the best lads!! We could have our Rangers back.

Comment

• Originally posted by skranger View Post
        I love us but that wouldnt make me a good manager ,,,, who cares if its a QPR person or not ....

I wanted the best manager for the job and unfortunately IMO Ollie is not that person ... We are regressing 15 years

The 'heady' days of the premiership seem a distant blur ...

Best we get the buckets out again from out of the refurbed toilet block in Ellerslie ...
        Give it a rest fella has it ever occurred to you that the best and who we wanted as our No1 choice just isn't available right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          Hear hear - All the best lads!! We could have our Rangers back.
          To be fair you were the loudest on here (with 77) against jimmy and you are telling people to calm down. Ha ha ha.
          Is Ollie getting the same treatment (booed at the matches) this time next season if we are mid table?

Comment

Give it a rest fella has it ever occurred to you that the best and who we wanted as our No1 choice just isn't available right now?
            And you know that of course ...

Comment

And you know that of course ...
              What, so you think Olly was our 1st choice do you??

Comment

• Bet the board say he was

Comment

What, so you think Olly was our 1st choice do you??
                  With Les calling the shots who knows ... nothing would surprise me anymore .... Its all a complete c@@@ up

Comment

With Les calling the shots who knows ... nothing would surprise me anymore .... Its all a complete c@@@ up
                    absolutely laughable opinion, yours and a selection of others.

Anything to get a dig in at the board eh? B0llarks was Olly 1st choice and you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      Bet the board say he was
                      Did Fernandes forget to leave a flag on your seat at Wembley or something.
                      Your obsession with hating him and the board is slightly unnerving.
                      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                      Will Danaher

Comment

absolutely laughable opinion, yours and a selection of others.

Anything to get a dig in at the board eh? B0llarks was Olly 1st choice and you know it.
                        Laughable in your opinion - yes .. not laughable in the opinion of many others ..

As you know through Brexit and the US elections we do live in a democracy and your opinion is equally not the voice of 'the people'

You can live in your dream world and believe everthing is going swimmingly, you need to take your rose tinted glasses off..

And for your information i am not anti board perse, i just feel that they have made,and are still making, too many mistakes ,,

At this time they still have my support ..

And in case you didnt read my post correctly, i said Les, who if i recall is not actually part of the board ... Major influence - Yes
                        Last edited by skranger; 11-11-2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Laughable in your opinion - yes .. not laughable in the opinion of many others ..

As you know through Brexit and the US elections we do live in a democracy and your opinion is equally not the voice of 'the people'

You can live in your dream world and believe everthing is going swimmingly, you need to take your rose tinted glasses off..
                          Half the time it's not even an opinion, it's just a whinge, after a moan, after a whinge, and it's tiring. QPR isn't a political party, it's a passion and supposed pleasure we all enjoy.

Even if I don't think everything is going swimmingly, I'm a QPR fan and I'm not going to whinge daily about my club. When there is a balanced opinion to give, I'll give it.
                          I take objection when I just see whinging for the sake of whinging. Holloway hasn't even had a game yet and you're moaning - it's embarrassing.

We've had enough moaning for the past months over JFH, it's time to be positive.

Comment

• No hate as I have said before I just dont want him as chairman and that is based on 5 years of mismanagement. Life is too short to hate people.

Comment

it's a passion and supposed pleasure we all enjoy.
                              and the question is, how to best enable that......... Personally, I don't think going backwards is the answer. Football has changed since Olly was in his pomp as a gaffer. We'll probably get short term benefit, but imo this appointment is not forward looking.

Comment

Half the time it's not even an opinion, it's just a whinge, after a moan, after a whinge, and it's tiring. QPR isn't a political party, it's a passion and supposed pleasure we all enjoy.

Even if I don't think everything is going swimmingly, I'm a QPR fan and I'm not going to whinge daily about my club. When there is a balanced opinion to give, I'll give it.
                                I take objection when I just see whinging for the sake of whinging. Holloway hasn't even had a game yet and you're moaning - it's embarrassing.

We've had enough moaning for the past months over JFH, it's time to be positive.

Thats good to hear ,,, Well at least you never whinge on this board - quite commendable

Because i voice concerns thats classed as whinging.. I would call it concern about a club I've supported for many years that i see going backwards,,

You mention balanced opinion ... How exactly would you like to give a balanced opinion on the choice of manager .. I would say that that is a subjective opinion

As much as you would like Holloway as manager, many others would not

Remember this is a message board, and as much as you may not like it, people are entitled to have an opinion that does not concur with your way of thinking..

And as a footnote, thats not to say that i will not support him if hes given the role..

Comment

Working...
                                X