No announcement yet.

May I be the first to congratulate Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate to keep the fans onside that is what the point was. As for Ollie he would not be my first choice I would support him 100% while manager. Has he learnt anything time will tell that as we really do not know either way so open mind on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Desperate to keep the fans onside that is what the point was. As for Ollie he would not be my first choice I would support him 100% while manager. Has he learnt anything time will tell that as we really do not know either way so open mind on that.
      Who would you have had instead?

Comment

• Can't understand those so against Ollie being back.
        Ramsey and JFH failed bigtime.
        The players will respect Ollie and at the same time he will put morale back in the squad.
        Ollie will lift Morale in a big way, which is what's needed now

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
            It's a cracking signing.

He will add impetus and drive, pride and desire back into the team and the stadium, something desperately needed.

If he allows the players to express themselves and plays to their strengths, we will play good football, which i what i want to to see.

Warnock-esque in a way, entertaining and good to watch, if not your typical tactical mastermind, even in defeat there's usually some fun to the performance. Both he and Warnock had very good and very bad times at the helm of this cub, i'll take a year of those good times right now!

Yeah, would have liked to see Clement come in and make Chery into Ronaldo, but hey ho, there's always next year.
            That's what you call trying to put a positive spin on it

Comment

• I would have pursued a manager not a pundit.

Comment

I would have pursued a manager not a pundit.
                Well he's more of a manager based on games managed than rowett, sherwood and clement. It's obvious you don't rate the bloke but to say he's not a manager is ####ing ridiculous

Comment

• Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                  Better than Ramsey, one thing Holloway will do is send a side out that will shoot on target more than twice in 90 minutes .the upside is supporters start supporting a team that tries regardless of results. Too many on here think we should be up there with the man citys
                  Great shout

"A m(v)ans got to know his limitations"
                  Dirty Harry circa 1971,

Some think we have the pulling power of a modern day Leicester and surprised we can't entice the current Birmingham incumbent, others saying the style of Big Sam ain't for us as if we've constantly being feasting on barca style football each week.
                  We had big names arry and sparky and both were disasters, big name or ambitious managers need big spending and/or decent infrastructure we have neither but fans still think we are set up like a mini man city...as said get Olly in and go for it with the fans getting behind him...some gotta give up the dream of European football under floodlights at a 40k stadium ..come home Olly

Comment

• Give him a chance. At least we know he's decent bloke and will be good for a laugh!

Comment

• We love you Bircham because you got blue hair!!!

Not saying whether the Ollie appointment will be the right choice but if appointed has my full backing welcome home lads!

Comment

I would have pursued a manager not a pundit.
                        Jesus you talk rubbish, not a manager lol, yeah ok
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Read my posts loved him first time around and will back him and never said any different also said would not have been my choice as for your last remark well remind what he is doing right now? I like the man and really hope he succeeds just would not have been my choice. His last job was not his best time at a club lets hope this is much better.

Comment

Read my posts loved him first time around and will back him and never said any different also said would not have been my choice as for your last remark well remind what he is doing right now? I like the man and really hope he succeeds just would not have been my choice. His last job was not his best time at a club lets hope this is much better.
                            So you keep harping on about you wouldnt have him, & hes not a manager yet you would have others wigh nowhere near the experience of ollie, he knows the club inside out and loves us, non of the others do! And tberes nothing to say the others would be any good! Like ive said before no one really knows what any manager will turn out like, but we do know ollie will bring passion back and entertainment, which is what foitball should be about! Plus i think we've got some good players for ollie to get motivated in the right way! For me hes exactly what the players and fans need!
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Holloway I would think would have everybody's backing including mine but will he be able to deliver the goods we will have to wait and see, who's choice was it LF or TF if it's TF choice I think it's time for LF to move on, because it would show that TF has not got any confidence in LF picking the right man.

Comment

• Okay, has everyone vented their spleen?

So, we await official confirmation. An unexpected appointment, I think we can all agree. If it is Holloway, after all, then I'm sure all of us will wish him the absolute best. What will happen remains to be seen. It feels like yet another moment at the top of a curve on the QPR rollercoaster. I suppose you could say at least it's exciting, if not fraught with concern and questions and, understandably, a measure of disbelief.

It kind of feels like I've walked into an episode of the Twilight Zone, especially with the news Marc Bircham is to come back as well.. Memories of Olly's last tenure have come flooding back. Mostly they were good times (I will only mention Vauxhall Motors and leave it at that), and at their peak they were great times - for me, amongst the greatest. The 03/04 season when we got promoted at Hillsborough was an incredible ride. The open bus tour afters and all of us packed into the Bush Ranger - up on the balcony we sang and it was a joyful time to be a Ranger.

But how the world has moved on since those days! We are all much older, hopefully wiser, and our club has been through several at times convulsive transformations. The club Olly is returning to is a very different one to the one he left. How he will fit in and how he will grasp the QPR nettle remains to be seen. So, we take a collective deep breath, and begin all over again.....

Comment

Working...
                                X