No announcement yet.

We knew this was coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact we have named 3 names in the last post says it all.

Comment

Doesn't the Rooney rule stipulate that more black candidates should be interviewed for a managerial vacancy. From that point on its down to merit only. If Chris Powell were to actually get the job, surely Les is leaving himself open to accusations of racism.
      I just can't see this happening
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Surely only down to this artical, cant seriously be a real contender????
        I think odds are generated on money layed on each person after the original list made on the first day.

Comment

Nope the manager and player markets are mostly done by likely runners and the rumour mill cuts the price. Who in their right mind unless itk would have a bean on ollie?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Nope the manager and player markets are mostly done by likely runners and the rumour mill cuts the price. Who in their right mind unless itk would have a bean on ollie?
            Well at least three proper lunatics on here have voted him as their dream manager for the job.

Comment

We are a bit nuts thats why we follow them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                On the contrary - he's head of the academy.

Ginge, LF has publicly spoken out as a supporter of Rooney Rule. Had you missed that?
                What so does that automatically mean that if we interview a black manager, it's automatically just because he's black? Tell me you don't actually think that stan?
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

The DOF never stops does he Powell shouldn't even be in the running for this job,

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    What so does that automatically mean that if we interview a black manager, it's automatically just because he's black? Tell me you don't actually think that stan?
                    Ginge, the way Rooney Rule works is, if enforced, it would become mandatory to interview a quota of candidates from ethnic minorities. Therefore when a shortlist is drawn, you can't base that shortlist on who you believe are the best candidates on merit alone, but would be forced to incoporate Rooney Rule as well.

IOW you end up with tokenism vs meritocracy.

What proportion of people do you think would happily turn up to a job interview if they knew their invitation may simply be a token one, rather than the company were genuinely interested in the applicant based purely on his/her CV and references?

Furthermore, what proportion of those applicants would actually feel patronised and insulted by such a system. Even JFH himself alluded to that.

Has our society not evolved any further to still think such a regressive approach is necessary in this day and age?

Comment

Comment

Ant and Decs manager should get our job.How he turned them pair of talentless clowns into stars who win loads is amazing
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I like the rooney rule but i'm unsure if its neccesary for english football which has no where near as much racism as american football and anyone who is a racist pretty much tarnishes their rep and career forever.

Personally i dont give a crap about powell being interviewed for the job as long as he doesn't get it unless hes planninhg to pay off all our debts, builds us a new training ground and stadium and brings messi to the club all with his own money in which case i fully support him as manager

Comment

It's not an even playing field. Any decision taken is viewed through some sort of prejudice. Ultimately it has to come down to who is the best person for the job.

Comment

This thread seems to be about colour.
                              Can I just ask how many black managers have managed their teams to win trophies in England and Europe.

Guillet won a trophy with Chelsea, but I am struggling to name others.

Houghton has won promotion to the Premiership and looks a reasonable manager, but the others are not that good.

JFH finished off the job Rowett started at Burton to clinch promotion and they were well placed when he left them last November (although there was plenty of time for them to fail had he stayed).

Powell did reasonably well at Charlton, but I agree that QPR should be looking for someone better.

The club should not be looking to appoint a black manager just so that they are given a chance. If they apply and they are good enough the appoint should be made on merit and not a politically motovated decision.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                                This thread seems to be about colour.
                                Can I just ask how many black managers have managed their teams to win trophies in England and Europe.

Guillet won a trophy with Chelsea, but I am struggling to name others.

Houghton has won promotion to the Premiership and looks a reasonable manager, but the others are not that good.

JFH finished off the job Rowett started at Burton to clinch promotion and they were well placed when he left them last November (although there was plenty of time for them to fail had he stayed).

Powell did reasonably well at Charlton, but I agree that QPR should be looking for someone better.

The club should not be looking to appoint a black manager just so that they are given a chance. If they apply and they are good enough the appoint should be made on merit and not a politically motovated decision.
                                Ya you are right,nobody else (which is incredibly ) has

Comment

Working...
                                X